How many are sitting good in the Ammo Department ?

I'm still counting and sorting mine now and to guess I'm right at 500,000-600,000 rounds on hand and just brought home another 500 rnds of 45 tonight and I have 25,000 rnds of 22 LR on the way.

Are you paying current market prices on that .22 LR? If not, where's the hook up?

I'm pretty much set but I'm still buying ammo 2-3 times a week still and just setting it aside. I'm still counting and sorting mine now and to guess I'm right at 500,000-600,000 rounds on hand and just brought home another 500 rnds of 45 tonight and I have 25,000 rnds of 22 LR on the way.

DING_DING_DING .   My MAN, I think you are set. If I remember right you had all those wonderful pictures in another thread/post.

Guest drv2fst

I'm pretty much set but I'm still buying ammo 2-3 times a week still and just setting it aside. I'm still counting and sorting mine now and to guess I'm right at 500,000-600,000 rounds on hand and just brought home another 500 rnds of 45 tonight and I have 25,000 rnds of 22 LR on the way.

:bow:     &       :censored:

Sitting in the ammo department sounds like a good way to get trampled...

I'm fairly good, or was until I saw jphillips' post. Don't have enough quality .22LR, but those I do have are golden. Good on handgun, shotgun, rifle, and components.

The last four years of a box or two on payday, plus the occasional bulk order, has paid off.

I need to start hanging out with you

Stash just got a little better, was able to get some 7.62x39 today at $6 a box. It felt like Christmas, just walked in for something else and there it was, just waiting for me. I was not the prick that bought all of it just because it was there, I left more than I bought. I will check back with them at closing and pick up some more at that time. Edited by STAHDKnoxville

Am I just being a paranoid jerk (as in my normal self) or is this not the greatest idea to be discussing publicly?

Right... folks like me might be stealing your bricks of .22 if I can't find any on the shelves.

Where in the world are you getting ammo right now?!?

Right... folks like me might be stealing your bricks of .22 if I can't find any on the shelves.

Good thing I don't own a .22
Can't reload or cast for the stupid things which puts you at the mercy of the manufacturers so they're useless to this ole boy.
  • Like 1

Good thing I don't own a .22
Can't reload or cast for the stupid things which puts you at the mercy of the manufacturers so they're useless to this ole boy.

Buy a M&P 15-22... it will change your life.

Enough components to load what I need.  Only thing sitting tighter on than I'd like is .22lr.  Everything else (9MM, 40, 38spcl, 12g, 223)  I have enough to shoot what and when I want.  The only thing I've had to adjust for is my primers.  I started out with CCI's, then switched to Federals.  I still have PLENTY CCI's but I dried up my Federals, so now I have to dig up my old load data.  (Not much of any change to speak of, but I don't play around when it comes to explosives.)

I learned a valuable lesson in 08, bought my reloader about 2 weeks before everything hit the fan.  Unfortunately, that lesson didn't stick when it came to my non-reloadable stuff.  That will be corrected.

Mac

I'm good on everything except 7.62x51(308) and 22LR. Everything else I shoot I have at least 500 rds. I hope supply catches up soon, this price gouching by dealers is fustrading. $1.50/rd for American Eagle 168g TCM is rediculus.

Buy a M&P 15-22... it will change your life.

Never had an AR platform in 22 but I've had a wheelbarrow load of others. I just don't like it. It's not an ego trip, I just don't like the piddly little things. I don't like big stuff either mind you.
I'd heap rather have my Ishapore in 308 or my 30WCF '94. I can load round ball gallery loads for around 5 cents per round to hunt varmints or have fun. I can cast a 180g flat point for deer or even small bear. I just loaded some 235g plain base cast bullets for some subsonic 308 fun.

The rimfire just can't offer me that. AND to be totally honest, I wish I felt different. A .22 has very distinct advantages. I just don't like them.

......I've NEVER been accused of being normal ya know. Edited by Caster
  • Like 2

Never had an AR platform in 22 but I've had a wheelbarrow load of others. I just don't like it. It's not an ego trip, I just don't like the piddly little things. I don't like big stuff either mind you.
I'd heap rather have my Ishapore in 308 or my 30WCF '94. I can load round ball gallery loads for around 5 cents per round to hunt varmints or have fun. I can cast a 180g flat point for deer or even small bear. I just loaded some 235g plain base cast bullets for some subsonic 308 fun.

The rimfire just can't offer me that. AND to be totally honest, I wish I felt different. A .22 has very distinct advantages. I just don't like them.

......I've NEVER been accused of being normal ya know.

:rofl: