Classic Firearms Mosins

As I'm sure several of you have, I got an email from Classic Firearms that they had some Mosins in stock. I also noticed it's a "steep" price.

Any opinions on the prices of mosins currently? I'm wanting to get another one but have been unable to find one locally or online. Think I can hold out for a better price or better go ahead and grab one? They say there are also pretty nice quality, which makes it more enticing. My current one is definitely an old beater.

Linky $149.99

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week they sold "shooter grade" Mosins for 89.95 each. These were described as not "collecter" quality and had dark bores.  I sprung for two.  Opened the first box and found a 1927 hex Izzy in good condition, all matching and the other box had a 43 Tula, all matching, Got matching bayonets but no other accessories.  These were P&W imports.  Bores look great after a good cleaning.

Last week they sold "shooter grade" Mosins for 89.95 each. These were described as not "collecter" quality and had dark bores.  I sprung for two.  Opened the first box and found a 1927 hex Izzy in good condition, all matching and the other box had a 43 Tula, all matching, Got matching bayonets but no other accessories.  These were P&W imports.  Bores look great after a good cleaning.

IIRC, it was AIM that had the shooter's grades, right?  I know they had a number of orders or their 91/30's returned/rejected because some buyers thought they weren't up too snuff condition-wise due to (perceived at least) excess rust.  I figured those were the ones later listed for the discount prices, would have bought a few myself at that price but was late to the party.

OP - AIM, which generally has somewhat lower prices than Classic has been listing round 91/30's for $110, hex for $130 when they have them.  Classic does seem to be receiving much greater quantities of product lately.

There are numerous reports that the crates being offered currently by Classic contain several hex Mosins/crate. YMMV.

Guest D.B. Cooper

There are numerous reports that the crates being offered currently by Classic contain several hex Mosins/crate. YMMV.

Yep, I got six in mine.... and they are beauties too!

IIRC, it was AIM that had the shooter's grades, right?  I know they had a number of orders or their 91/30's returned/rejected because some buyers thought they weren't up too snuff condition-wise due to (perceived at least) excess rust.  I figured those were the ones later listed for the discount prices, would have bought a few myself at that price but was late to the party.

OP - AIM, which generally has somewhat lower prices than Classic has been listing round 91/30's for $110, hex for $130 when they have them.  Classic does seem to be receiving much greater quantities of product lately.

You are correct, it was AIM. I got it confused with the 1938 carbine that I got last week from Classic. The 43 had some rust and pitting on the barrel bands and retaining springs along with some light rust  on the barrel under the handguard/stock area. That was easily removed.  I'll replace the bands and springs some day.  I've dealt with Classic twice and the rifles they sent were acceptable but I expected a higher quality than what I got.  I've ordered a couple of their 44 mosins and  the brown truck is coming on Friday with them. 

I want to do some business with AIM, but every time I've gotten an email letting me know an item is in stock it's sold out by the time I wake up.

The price was more than I wanted to pay, but I've been having a hard time finding one. SOG has some round receiver ones for 119 or129. I figured I might as well thrown in the extra and get the hex from Classic.

I have a round receiver one already. It don't look like much... but it shoots accurately and I love it.

Edited by Spank

I want to do some business with AIM, but every time I've gotten an email letting me know an item is in stock it's sold out by the time I wake up.

The price was more than I wanted to pay, but I've been having a hard time finding one. SOG has some round receiver ones for 119 or129. I figured I might as well thrown in the extra and get the hex from Classic.

I have a round receiver one already. It don't look like much... but it shoots accurately and I love it.

If you have the time to inquire before you order, ask who the importer was.  I've found PW Arms imports to be of higher quality and CAI to be the worst. 

Guest D.B. Cooper

If you have the time to inquire before you order, ask who the importer was.  I've found PW Arms imports to be of higher quality and CAI to be the worst. 

Classic's crates are PW Arms.... and I noticed that AIM's new price is essentially the same as Classic's now (when you break their crate price down per rifle).

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine from UPS yesterday and just finished cleaning it up and recording the info. It's a 1931 Izhevsk. Talk about gorgeous and in great shape. The wood looks amazing and the bluing is perfect. All the parts match except for the magazine floorplate.

Also the importer was this CAI company but the rifle is in outstanding condition. Then again, my other worn out Mosin is also from this CAI and most of the bluing is gone, wood looks terrible, etc. I guess they're fairly hit or miss?

Did I mention it's absolutely beautiful? :love:

Guest wrongturn
Budsgunshop also had them in stock for 139 shipped. I ordered one with the hex receiever and it was in good shape. Strong rifiling and a clean bore. Dated 1934. The stock was very clean.