My Rant

How many videos have you seen where a lady has discharged a firearm and has been injured or nearly injured from the recoil due to poor stance and/or grip?

It absolutely pisses me off to see all those so-called responsible gun owners with their legally obtained firearms placing them in the hands of un / undertrained people and there contributing to this negative image of low to no gun safety; Gives more ammo to the anti-2A folks to spin it for the masses: most folks understand recoil, so we simply highlight how dangerous just the recoil is of these weapons to the shooter. Plus it "proves" women can't handle larger caliber weapons and adds to the scare factor for non-gun women. 

Thanks a lot you jack wads, what do you think you're accomplishing?

And it's supposed to be funny? On what planet do you allow someone to engage in a deadly activity when you are hoping or almost hoping to catch that "funniest moment"

Gents, if you don't know how to coach your lady on the fundamentals of stance and grip, you ain't helping the cause.

Swallow some pride and find someone you know who is competent and can coach!

I did because a different coach has more patience than you will ever have.

It isnt just women, but yea, its dumb and both irresponsible & discouraging.  They do it to kids and novice shooter men too.  One guy tried it on me with a 44, and I shot it one handed, dead center, put it back down, and said "for all the noise I thought it was going to kick".   Now that was funny :P  I guess he thought my .22 meant I was a wimp or a novice or something.

Edited by Jonnin
  • Like 2

I think they do it to make themselves feel superior to "the little woman".  No foresight, no hindsight and very little brain.  Sad.  They are the same guys who wonder why she left.

One of the first things I always tell a new shooter is "The more you pull it back into your shoulder, the less you will feel and the better you will handle the kick."

I also hate when experienced shooters don't explain the recoil and how to hold the gun to a novice.

My wife never shot a gun before we met. First time at the range she was afraid to even pick one up. Started with a .38 fired a couple dozen, then to the .45 went through about 50 rnds before she was starting to shoot groups. Three weeks later was running through mags with a full auto Mac 11. I think a lot of those YouTube vids are fake. But the one with the Arab guys shooting the elephant gun is halarious.

My wife never shot a gun before we met. First time at the range she was afraid to even pick one up. Started with a .38 fired a couple dozen, then to the .45 went through about 50 rnds before she was starting to shoot groups. Three weeks later was running through mags with a full auto Mac 11. I think a lot of those YouTube vids are fake. But the one with the Arab guys shooting the elephant gun is halarious.

I do not think most are faked.  If you have a poor grip on a stout pistol, its going to do something, either hit the top of your head or make you drop it or bruise your hand, etc.