Portrait Series on Gun Owners

Guest francesco

I think there's some guys up around Polk County Tennessee, Copper Basin, Ducktown etc....that would like to have there picture taken.  You could just bring your camera on down, Put you on a black suit and sunglasses, go drive around the area and go door to door asking to take pictures of them boys and their guns. That Yankee accent will get you right in their door. They really like yankees in them parts.

After that Id head to Smokey Junction. Them ol' boys love pretty mouth....I mean theyd love to have their pictures taken with all their guns by a strangee.

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere
  • Like 3

NO, really, we are friendly and here to help.  All you have to do is knock on anyone's door......probably best between 1am - 3am.  Be sure and have the camera ready.  Pretty sure you will see plenty of guns to take a picture of. :usa:

PS.   I bet my flash is bigger than your flash..........

Edited by chances R
  • Like 4

Please understand that your request will be met with skepticism, since most common sense folk know that a simple photo can be made to project good or bad, depending on the photographer.  I'm no professional photographer, but if Ghandi was still alive I could take seemingly innocent photographs of him during a set which could make him look like a saint or make him look menacing.  Now, you're talking about photographing gun owners in their homes for the purpose of a private project of yours.  I assume you understand how easily one could make us responsible gun owners who believe in the right to use force to protect ourselves and our families look like gun toting lunatic vigilantees. 

The fact that you're from New York doesn't help your cause.  I know that not all New Yorkers are pants wetting hoplophobes, but it is one of the big 3 states that believes in removing weaponry from the hands of law abiding citizens.  I can only assume that the majority of your citizens fit the category of pants wetting hoplophobes since they keep getting elected there.  So again, forgive our skepticism; it is only because, in the south, common sense is still pretty common.

Excellent way to explain the situation.

If he could prove he were not an idiot, I would be happy to send anonymous photos from a disposable, one time use email account.  However, the burden of proof is going to be stout, given the fairly idiotic request and his living in a police state that is known for twisting things into propaganda.

• Like 1
Somebody email him the semi nude fat guy and girl photo that was posted on here a while back. I can't find it now or even remember what the thread was about. Unfortunately I can't forget the photo!

Why, yes.,.. I would be more than happy to let you, a photojournalist and complete stranger, into my home and take all the photos of me and my guns you want so that at some point down the road the authorities could swoop in and make my life miserable.

Who wouldn't want some of that?   :screwy:

• Like 1

That's just funny!!|

My hospitality ends on the front porch after a glass of sweet tea, if I don't know you.  "A message to Francisco":  While many of us in the gun culture trust each other implicitly, for a total stranger to ask to come into our homes and photograph ourselves and our arms is beyond the pale.

it's like one of us asking you to let us photograph your wife's underclothes.   In other words...it's not considered polite and is provocation for suspicion.  In some cases, doing something like this is hazardous.

So..uhh..no.

• Like 1

1. We get paid for photo/video shoots.

2. I get paid location fees if the set is at my house.

3. I'm not about to let some stranger into my domain to take pictures of home, possessions or family.

4. You have provided none of the standard references.

5. I deem thee a troll.

• Like 2

Wow folks. If you don't want to participate then don't. But being so nasty about this is really not the right answer. He is not forcing anyone to do anything. No need to meet him with such hatred for his idea. Jezz thought people on here were above being like that.

• Like 1

Wow folks. If you don't want to participate then don't. But being so nasty about this is really not the right answer. He is not forcing anyone to do anything. No need to meet him with such hatred for his idea. Jezz thought people on here were above being like that.

I said what I did, because his/her very FIRST post (no introduction, not like new people do) and wants to come to your house, and take pictures of you and your guns? Kinda sends a red flag up. There are other ways he (and us as well) could of handled this. A little introduction, build a few friendships and trust, may have been different, Plus I would charge modeling fees, or something to that effect. I think this person"s first post set the tone for this thread!

:2cents:

Dave S

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 1
Where is the incentive to participate in this project? Essentially it boils down to ... show me enough cash money & I'll show you some of my firearms.

We ain't talking about "breakfast at IHOP" money either, we are talking "a new Eotech XPS2" or forget about it money.

Somebody email him the semi nude fat guy and girl photo that was posted on here a while back. I can't find it now or even remember what the thread was about. Unfortunately I can't forget the photo!

Why would you bring that back? I just got it outta mind recently and there it goes again

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere