Bought a Deuce...

Guest PapaB

Sweet little grocery getter. It'll fit in my driveway no problem. Feel free to store it here, just leave the keys under the mat. :pleased:

Guest RedLights&Sirens

ah man I thought you meant you got a ma deuce! that's false advertising in the title lol

Thats what I thought, I got excited. Could still do that and mount the Deuce on the Deuce. I imagne between insurance and fuel costs, a Ma Deuce may be sounding pretty inexpensive :-) Just sayin.

Thats what I thought, I got excited. Could still do that and mount the Deuce on the Deuce. I imagne between insurance and fuel costs, a Ma Deuce may be sounding pretty inexpensive :-) Just sayin.

Same here,,,,,,,,,,,,, cool truck though.

Why in the world would anyone think ma deuce in tn GUN owners? Lol Yeah I probably should have added, and a half......

I didn't have any pics like night. It took six hours to get here and it was too dark... I got some today! With the 54" tires the handle is right above my head level, so about 6'. My 4 year old girl loves it! She wants a pink one.....

I now want to mount a ma deuce over the cab. I'm gonna call it the Double Deuce and drive around dressed like Patrick Swayze!

IMG_0918_zpsa395021c.jpg

Edited by bigbabysweets
  • Like 6

Sweet little grocery getter. It'll fit in my driveway no problem. Feel free to store it here, just leave the keys under the mat. :pleased:

I've heard to different amounts. A local guy in Knoxville said liability was $100 a year and the guy I bought it from said it was insured at a $13,000 value for $300 a year.

They run on anything combustible. It gets about 10 - 12 mpg on diesel. There's a guy I know with 3 of them. He runs his personal one on used motor oil, year round. I know a couple mechanics with tons of spent motor oil. Waste = free fuel......

Did you have a specific reason for buying it, or just because you could?

I justified as a business promotion. Ill put my logo on it and drive it around from time to time and in parades! Maybe it could be a tngunowners parade vehicle once a am deuce gets attached! It gets attention! I also want to get certified as a first responder and water rescue to go volunteer during natural disasters. I wanna get a John boat as well. I wanted to be ready for the next Hurricane Sandy..... Edited by bigbabysweets
Guest RedLights&Sirens

Maybe it could be a tngunowners parade vehicle once a am deuce gets attached!...

We could all OC in nice clothes and smile and wave and shake hands and kiss babies. Cuz you know, it would show the world we are not demons and the grabbers are full of **it.

I forgot in my previous post to say congrats on your new purchase.
My wife hated the idea. I brought up multi fuel and prepping, she said maybe. Once she climbed inside and we did figure 8s through some parking lots, she doesn't mind. Plus they won't go down in value.

If she hadn't seen /rode in one, you can take her for a ride in mine. That should bring her around...... Lol

Nice ride.  I want one bobbed.

http://www.boyceequipment.com/#!m35a2-bobbed-deuce/c254i

yeah.. I'd have to say no...you can't beat that 2nd rear axle when it comes time to climb up a hill or through mud. it's like a half track with wheels.
It might look all cute, like a big pickup truck..but a real Deuce and a half is an awesome machine.

Congrats on yours, she's a beauty!

Thanks!

I seen a couple bobbed already for about 5k. It just seemed to take away from it to me. They said its easier to maneuver and has better gas mileage, but it's just not a deuce. I love the winch on these things. I did think about getting a shop van version and making it a BA camper, still might. If I had a bigger place I'd just have the bed on a platform so I could just back under it and bolt it on, just in case.
  • Like 1