Walmart is limiting to one box per caliber, 3 total boxes in Kingsport

Krull

If more stores follow suit this will help get the prices back down.  I went into the stone drive store today and bought a 100 round box of .45.  they had 2 more and i told her i would take them as well.... she said i am so sorry our NEW policy is one caliber per customer and 3 total boxes per day.  I told her nothing to be sorry about, this is good news.

Hopefully the ammo grabbers and price gougers will back off if they can only get one caliber per day.  Some will think thats to much hassle to screw us on one box per day.

I know a guy who literally camped out at walmart , literally to get his hands on 3 boxes of 9 45 40 and 22.  He was buying them all at 3 boxes per caliber per day when the shipment came in and reselling them for 50%+ mark up. 

Edited by Krull
Guest MilitiaMan

My Walmart lets employees cut line to get ammo. Had a talk with the Mgr, said nothing he could do without any proof. lol pathetic.

My Walmart lets employees cut line to get ammo. Had a talk with the Mgr, said nothing he could do without any proof. lol pathetic.

Walmarts policy is it has to be on the shelf for 24 hours before an employee can purchase.  That sucks man.

At least that is what they told me when i asked, but i know a another dude that used to work at my company whose wife works at wal mart and he has been able to aquire over 8k rounds since december. 

Edited by Krull

I have seen the Walmart employee ammo buy go down,   8  100 round boxes of 9mm , an employee held it for him behind counter.  Then I was asked oh did you need some ?  I said yes,  the counter employee said it was the last box and we just got it in.   

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Walmarts policy is it has to be on the shelf for 24 hours before an employee can purchase.  That sucks man.

This policy you speak of, I've never been told that. Hell, I've been buying ammo after working 3rd shift when it becomes available to the public. Once I punch out, I'm officially a customer.

This is a load of bull crap and you should call Walmart Home Office and file a complaint.

If more stores follow suit this will help get the prices back down.  I went into the stone drive store today and bought a 100 round box of .45.  they had 2 more and i told her i would take them as well.... she said i am so sorry our NEW policy is one caliber per customer and 3 total boxes per day.  I told her nothing to be sorry about, this is good news.

Hopefully the ammo grabbers and price gougers will back off if they can only get one caliber per day.  Some will think thats to much hassle to screw us on one box per day.

I know a guy who literally camped out at walmart , literally to get his hands on 3 boxes of 9 45 40 and 22.  He was buying them all at 3 boxes per caliber per day when the shipment came in and reselling them for 50%+ mark up. 

My store still has a 3 box limit, doesn't matter if you want 3 boxes of 1 caliber its perfectly fine, but thats all you be allowed to buy and walk out with.  Your comment about guy camping out for 3 boxes of each caliber. Call Walmart Home Office and file a complaint.

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214

"This policy you speak of, I've never been told that. Hell, I've been buying ammo after working 3rd shift when it becomes available to the public. Once I punch out, I'm officially a customer"

this just what they told me i am sure to pacify me.

This policy you speak of, I've never been told that. Hell, I've been buying ammo after working 3rd shift when it becomes available to the public. Once I punch out, I'm officially a customer.

This is a load of bull crap and you should call Walmart Home Office and file a complaint.

My store still has a 3 box limit, doesn't matter if you want 3 boxes of 1 caliber its perfectly fine, but thats all you be allowed to buy and walk out with.  Your comment about guy camping out for 3 boxes of each caliber. Call Walmart Home Office and file a complaint.

Im not going to waste my time -- maybe someone beat me to the punch and that is why the have a one caliber limit now......

He was living in his winnebego literally in the wal mart parking lot....... he was still there this morning when i did my AM ammo check.

^ :rofl: That guy is pretty desperate! I would just take up golf or something.

I would say he is making a killing to be honest, i saw him buy 3 cases of .223 for 150 a case and sold them for 250 just in that deal alone,  my stupid neighbor bought them from him.  That is how i figured out what he is doing.  He made 300 bucks cash tax free right there in one day.

I have a close friend that works for WalMart and that is the policy that they are supposed to wait 24 hrs but its not enforced. They had 2 boxes of the 1k of m22 and Walmart employee went on lunch and the other lady brought it out and she bought both.

I would say he is making a killing to be honest, i saw him buy 3 cases of .223 for 150 a case and sold them for 250 just in that deal alone,  my stupid neighbor bought them from him.  That is how i figured out what he is doing.  He made 300 bucks cash tax free right there in one day.

Sounds like the ATF might want to visit him.

Nothing illegal about that under federal law. You don't need a license to resell commercially made ammo.

IRS might be interested if he's not reporting the income, though.

- OS

Nothing illegal about that under federal law. You don't need a license to resell commercially made ammo.

IRS might be interested if he's not reporting the income, though.

- OS

This is true. Don't know where I got that from. I guess I am so used to complaining about all of this mess here lately it is just becoming second nature. Maybe I should take up golf...

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

The stores in our area have a 3 box/any caliber limit. The 24 hour employee purchase policy only applies to items that are on sale/marked down. Doesn't apply to regular priced merchandise.

This is what I confirmed with my management. Edited by ArmyVeteran37214

Walmart Franklin KY has the same 3 box limit.  Nice bunch there, though.  Checked walmart.com last night and it showed 555 Winchester white box in stock, so I called.  The gentleman who answered said they got a case in on the truck and would be out at 7:00am today, but to be early.  Got there at 6:15 (first in line) and shortly afterward several regulars showed up and joined the wait.  Sure enough, at 7:00 they walked up to the counter with a case.  There were only 10 per case, so I took (2) instead of (3) so at least the 4th guy could get a box.  The case was full, so no 'employee privelege' stockpiling apparently.

• 2 weeks later...