Sequester at work.

Coming back from Mexico yesterday into Houston International, this is what customs looked like, one lane open for US Citizens out of 40 available.  Took me nearly 3 hours to clear what normally takes 15 minutes.  The mood was evil I can promise, especially from the "Crews" as they closed their line and made them go though with the Great Unwashed.

HoustonCustoms_zps59760e26.jpg

Edited by Worriedman

This isn't the TSA rank and file (as much as I want to bash them), this is a management failure (as is the case at Wallyworld).  Obama wants this to be as 'painful' as possible.... his minions are trying to make 'dear leader' happy...

Guest 6.8 AR

This is politics being used to punish us for not letting the federales have more money. Just more proof that the elitist

politicians don't care one damn thing about you and I, or the country. Obama is setting the course on this, using this

sequester as an excuse to punish you and I. That's the only reason I can think of because spending has not been

reduced one thin dime.

There is no sequester, just punishment.

Edited by 6.8 AR

Even if the sequester will cause budget cuts, from my understanding, it is a reduction of less than 5% from the budget for next year or maybe the year after. There is absolutely no reason to have these situations now. In a year - maybe. The lying, slime eating, gut sucking prick, Harry Reid actually had the gall to say the sequester was the reason for the accidental death of the 7 Marines from a mortar explosion in Hawthorne, Nevada. The whole bunch makes me sick.

:tinfoil: I believe the reason Reid rolled over on the AWB has nothing to do with his worrying about the careers of politicians in red states or that the AWB will not have enough votes to go to the house; I believe the administration is going to try to ratify the UN Small Arms Treaty to let the UN try to deal with the dissidents. :tinfoil:

This is politics being used to punish us for not letting the federales have more money. Just more proof that the elitist

politicians don't care one damn thing about you and I, or the country. Obama is setting the course on this, using this

sequester as an excuse to punish you and I. That's the only reason I can think of because spending has not been

reduced one thin dime.

There is no sequester, just punishment.

If it was about saving money, they would have nixed political job perks first.

I think it's about time for O to put a few of his limos and planes on Ebay.

For Sale:

2009 Cadillac DTS Limo. Lightly used. Heavy armored. Comes with night vision and custom run-flat tires.

Needs fuel pump. President sold separately.

Will ship world wide.

presidential-obama-limo-towed.jpg

Edited by strickj
  • Like 5

Hopefully the public will see these moves for what they are and make our elected officials pay at the next available election.  And if this was Bush or any other Republican president doing the same thing, the media would be frothing at the mouth.

Edited by wipfel
I suspect there are a lot of TSA agents doing what they really want to do, sit in the break room all day. And now they have permission to do it.

There are s lot of Obama supporters that are cheering this because it griefs the ones that can actually afford to go somewhere or have a decent job. I really wish the next step would be to force a 20% cut in welfare and food stamps to save money rather than make the people who actually work and pay taxes take one day a week off. Maybe it will lead to these cuts once the workers can't support the programs but the government will cut Social Security and Veteran benefits long before that.

What i don't get is it isn't like the money disappeared overnight. Yet within 12 hours they punish those who work and support those that don't.

Dolomite
  • Like 2

For all the bull-shit "make it as painful as possible" sequester effects, they should be saving 100's of billions of dollars. These aren't the effects of a 5 percent cut. The cuts are being targeted to punish the conservatives, the "wealthy," the military, and other forces that didn't vote for the God-Emperor Barrack Hussein Obama. And it's harder to track because the bastards haven't published a budget in four fucking years.

Even if the sequester will cause budget cuts, from my understanding, it is a reduction of less than 5% from the budget for next year or maybe the year after. There is absolutely no reason to have these situations now. In a year - maybe. 

MY understanding of the sequester is that the "reduction" is actually a cut to the annual increase in federal spending - meaning that, at worst, next year the feds will have to live off the same amount of money they had the year before.

In my book that's not a cut at all, so I'm with you 100% that there is absolutely no reason for us seeing catastrophic effects now.

The sequester only stopped the increase in spending by 3%. All this crap is an exaggeration by the White House. After all is said and done our leaders will still spend billions more this year than last year. I predict the sequester has no affect on the Obama clans vacations at all.

Not looking good for my connection in DC in a few days. Guess I might as well get a hotel room and call some buddies in the area.

Flying out of Memphis, saw 32 (counted them) TSA agents sitting on their dead hinneys while 4 were working the security line to get to the gates.

Interesting happening, Van Jones was going through security right in front of me.  I spoke to him, called him by name, (asked him if he was headed back to D.C.?) and he about jumped out of his skin, I got the distinct feeling he was nervous about being recognized.

• Like 1

Coming back from Mexico yesterday into Houston International, this is what customs looked like, one lane open for US Citizens out of 40 available.  Took me nearly 3 hours to clear what normally takes 15 minutes.  The mood was evil I can promise, especially from the "Crews" as they closed their line and made them go though with the Great Unwashed.

HoustonCustoms_zps59760e26.jpg

I go through there a lot, correct me if I am wrong that is the immigration line not where you clear customs
I am a member of the Global entry program I simply use the kiosk and bypass that liine

The people letting people through those lines are custom agents not TSA contractors I have seen it that bad years ago that is why I am in the trusted traveler Global Entry program

Flying out of Memphis, saw 32 (counted them) TSA agents sitting on their dead hinneys while 4 were working the security line to get to the gates.

Interesting happening, Van Jones was going through security right in front of me. I spoke to him, called him by name, (asked him if he was headed back to D.C.?) and he about jumped out of his skin, I got the distinct feeling he was nervous about being recognized.

TSA has nothing to do with customs. They only have 2 lanes at the TSA recheck coming from the international terminal anyhow in Dulles. Going through a TSA scanner takes no time. Going through customs takes a lot longer, especially if there are only a few agents staffed. Yay.

Does this surprise anyone.

DHS Allows Saudi Passengers To Speed Through Airport Security
http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/03/6881-dhs-questioned-over-decision-to-let-saudi-passengers-skip-normal-passport-controls/

Kinda reminds me of when members of Bin Laden's family where allowed to fly back to Saudi Arabia shortly after 9/11. 

From the United States when all air traffic was grounded.

I go through there a lot, correct me if I am wrong that is the immigration line not where you clear customs
I am a member of the Global entry program I simply use the kiosk and bypass that liine

The people letting people through those lines are custom agents not TSA contractors I have seen it that bad years ago that is why I am in the trusted traveler Global Entry program

It is the US Citizen/permanent resident side at customs, Immigration for aliens is next over and to the right. It is manned by Border Patrol agents, there is one more "check point/access control" to get back into the terminal at large after you pick up your checked baggage, but the "gates" you see in the photo are where you declare what you are bringing in, and they look at your customs declaration card, check your passport etc.

If I have to start going more often, I will jump into the Global Entry Program as well.  The people who were really ticked were the airline crews, they were having to go through with the rest of the great unwashed.

TSA has nothing to do with customs. They only have 2 lanes at the TSA recheck coming from the international terminal anyhow in Dulles. Going through a TSA scanner takes no time. Going through customs takes a lot longer, especially if there are only a few agents staffed. Yay.

Never intimated that TSA had anything to do with customs.  Was remarking on the number of TSA agents sitting on their cans while only 4 were working the security station at Memphis in response to your comment about connection though DC, and figuring TSA would be responsible for your transfer and, from what I have seen at Dulles they are not any snappier up there then they are at Memphis. But then you might be coming in from out of country instead of just making a US connection through there. And from the last couple of commercial trips I have made, the TSA scanner might only take a minute, but the back up to get to it is running longer and longer.

I much prefer to take our King Air 200, cuts out a lot of BS.