I'm a daddy!!!!

Well my daughter Riley was born 3/19/13 at 0110 she was 8 lbs 12oz and 24 inches long!! I'm 6"4 and my wife is 6"1 so she has some growing to do haha. We 're here at vandy in the nicu, she had some trauma to her head from the suction thing the doctor used, and her cord was wrapped twice around her neck. It wasn't pulled tight, and she wasn't blue or anything just tangled up. She is doing much better now and the swelling on her head has gone down....iv had about 4 hours sleep in the past 2 days. They also have been cooling her core temp. Kinda like an induced hypothermia it basicly makes the body send blood to the vital organs in the body that may have been starved of oxygen during birth due to the chord being wrapped around her neck.

I bought her a pink .22 a while back from gander a while back and iv got lots of rounds sealed up so when she gets old enough we can get out in the yard and I can show her how to shoot just like my dad did me!!
  • Like 4

Congrats knoxrocks!  We just had our first about 10 months ago! 

Time flies .... I wish you & your family the best of luck! 

Sleep = You won't be getting much for atleast the first few weeks.  That's what adrenaline is for :)

Congrats man. This will get drilled in your head as the days pass. But enjoy every day of her being little! Its like you blink and they are 3. Takes lots of pictures too.<br /><br />My daughter is 3 and a half and the time keeps going faster and faster every day

Congratulations!!! I hope it's different for you, but I live and breathe guns and my son has absolutely no interest in them whatsoever. I finally sold the 10-22 that I'd bought for him.....he's eight years old now and still no sign of interest. :shrug:

Congratulations! I'm very happy for ya.

I love other people's kids. You're more man than me. No way I have what it takes to do it.
Change the world, teach her right. Even if you don't believe, the words of Solomon are golden truth.
Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he (errr uh, she) should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Change the world, teach her right. Even if you don't believe, the words of Solomon are golden truth.
Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he (errr uh, she) should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Yep. Also whatever you do DON"T LET THEM GO IN YOUR ROOM. Oh wait that's another thread..... :rofl:

• Like 1

Congrats!  My older boy was very much the "cone head" for his first couple weeks.  It's since rounded out nicely and is hard as a rock...

Take lots of pictures.  If your daughter is anything like my kids, you'll be so sleep deprived that you won't remember otherwise.  Neither of mine slept for more than 4 hours for 6 weeks.  It was 3 months before they slept through the night consistently.  It's rough but it gets better. 

Get ready for your perspective to change dramatically on a number of things.  You'll notice stuff you never thought about before.  All manner of things.

Parenthood is LOTS of work and more frustrating than you can imagine at times, but its great.  When I walk in the door after work and they both come running yelling "daddy!".... yeah, that's the good stuff. 

Congratulations!

"Direct your children onto the right path,

and when they are older, they will not leave it."

-Proverbs 22:6

If you don't already, I suggest the rest of Proverbs as critical reading for any new parent.  Use a version you can understand. like NASB, NLT, NIV, etc.  Even if you are not a believer, the collection of wisdom is stunning (and can easily be found online).

B.

After you make it through the first 3 months you will slowly start to regain your sanity. Those were the hardest for both my kids due to lack of sleep, but once they stay asleep a little longer and pay you back with smiles and laughter it gets super easy.
  • Like 1

After you make it through the first 3 months you will slowly start to regain your sanity. Those were the hardest for both my kids due to lack of sleep, but once they stay asleep a little longer and pay you back with smiles and laughter it gets super easy.

smiles, laughter -- ravioli to the face, broken items........tortured dogs ......................electric 4 wheelers over the cats tail.....it just keeps getting better..

• Like 1