Man kills man who killed his kids

Will H

Guest PapaB

I couldn't convict the father under those cercumstances. The prosecutor ought to go to a grand jury, give them the basic facts, and ask how many would convict if they were on the trial jury. That should show that a trial would just be a waste of taxpayers money. Let him go and move on.

There was no temptation there, just a reaction brought on by a momentary mental break.  Not guilty by reason of insanity.

On another note, perhaps if our legal system treated drunk drivers as more than a moving violation folks would think twice about it; or maybe not.  I guess I don't know the answers.  What I do know is that the fatal consequences of driving drunk are very real and clear.  No, we can't legislate people into doing the right things, but we can SEVERELY punish those who do the wrong things.  I would sleep better at night if vehicular homicides caused by drunk driving was punishable by death.  Anyone who drinks and gets behind the wheel is not just taking a chance with their life, they are taking a chance with the lives of innocent folks.  There is no way to argue that.  On those occassions that they kill an innocent they should be treated the same as any other premeditated murderer.

I hope this 20 year old POS is rotting in HELL right now.  I hope the parents of this 20 year old drunk driving POS spend the rest of their lives knowing they are responsible for putting that life taking human garbage on this planet.  I hope this father is found not guilty and set free.  I hope that in the future more fathers do this.

• Like 4
I cant stand drunk drivers. Ive almost been hit several times do to people all over the road that seemed drunk. I hate going to work on early saturday mornings. Always seems a drunk is going home. Ive gotten really mad by just almost getting hit by these fools. I couldnt imagine if one killed my kids.

Not sure what i would do if that kind of anger hit me.
  • Like 2

I am a little upset over the whole thing as we just had a drunk driving POS in my area get a non-existent sentence after pleading guilty for the vehicular homicide of a local woman while he was driving drunk.  He will be a free man very shortly while the woman he murdered is in the ground, forever.  A similar case last year only gave a few years probation to a woman who murdered a man while she was drunk driving.... she had half a dozen prior drunk driving arrests.  Our legal system has failed us.  It has left folks with no choice but to take the law into their own hands in order for justice to be done.  Maybe if our legal system wasn't infected with pro-crime judges and slimy lawyers on both sides we might find justice.  Now I'm all pissed off again.  I'm one of the few people who watched Law Abiding Citizen and wished it had ended differently.

• Like 3

We had a local man who was driving drunk and ran over a young lady here. That was a few years ago. He finally was sentenced this past week. 

He was ordered to serve 48 hours, yes hours, in jail for killing someone. He also got 4 years probation, 24 hours of trash pickup and lost his license for a year.

Everyone here has seen me post about how screwed up the court system is in my county. And honestly this didn't surprize me one bit because I have seen it over and over again where people have their charges dismissed or time served for offenses that in any other jusrisdiction would garner years, if not decades, in jail.

Those who drive drunk more than once should face felony charges. Second offense and they loose the ability to drive for life, no excuses for work. Second offense, they loose the ability to own a car. They would ordered to pay punitive damages in the amount of 1/3 their income for life to the immediate family of the person they kill, husband or wife or children. Make a 3 strikes law where if you get caught driving drunk 3 times you are sentenced to life in prison.

I will see if I can find the article and scan it in.

Dolomite

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
  • Like 1

Officer: Why did you shoot this man?

Father: I was in fear for my life and the lives of my children. He attacked us with a deadly weapon and I responded with one as well. I wasn't able to stop him in time to save my sons but was able to keep him from driving off and killing someone else. I repeat. i was in fear for my life.

Edited by gnmwilliams
  • Like 4

I hope the parents of this 20 year old drunk driving POS spend the rest of their lives knowing they are responsible for putting that life taking human garbage on this planet. 

yeah, blaming the parents for the sins of their adult child sounds like a good idea.   :squint:

This should go for parents of people who commit other crimes too.

:down:

• Like 2

I hope the parents of this 20 year old drunk driving POS spend the rest of their lives knowing they are responsible for putting that life taking human garbage on this planet.

yeah, blaming the parents for the sins of their adult child sounds like a good idea. :squint:

This should go for parents of people who commit other crimes too.

:down:

I absolutely blame the parents. While they aren't criminally responsible they sure as hell are responsible for raising a sorry POS. No remorse for them whatsoever. Their son is worm food and deserves to be; his grave is a monument to their failure.
  • Like 1

I think that the fear of getting shot in the head makes a great deterrent for drunk driving.  If more people had the fear of instant justice they might think twice about getting behind the wheel.  No one can ever really know what they would do in a situation like that until it happens but I think that my actions would be similar.

The police, prosecutor, and the whole justice system has a job to do, they must enforce the laws as they are written, however I hope the jury in this case does its job and find this father innocent of murder!  At most this guy is guilty of involuntary manslaughter.  Yes, involuntary, like when the hammer hits your knee, its involuntary.  This tragic event had the same effect!  Drunk driver hits and kills the father's children in his presence, father reacts with involuntary intent, shoots driver!

I would have done the same.  I don't think anyone who loves their children could have stopped themselves.  I would have used my bare hands if that was all that was available.

It's a shame we can't charge DUIs with premeditated murder. You dumb sum bitches KNOW before you take that first drink.
Stay sober or stay home. Kings to this guy. I'm with TMF. I'd like to see some more dead drunk drivers.

I say it again, stay sober or stay home. Every time a drunk driver dies, I smile......but then I find out they took some innocent little fellas like these boys with them and it makes me furious. Sad, so sad. Edited by Caster
  • Like 1

My cousin was hit and killed by a drunk driver ten years ago. He had been in court that day for this sixth offense. My cousin and her fiance were driving home to Lenoir City after announcing their engagement and pregnancy to my aunt and uncle. The drunk was leaving a bar, celebrating the extension of his court date. He had his headlights off and was doing near 100MPH. My cousin was killed on impact, her sister, my younger cousin was in the back seat and was in a coma for several days.

It has been a while since I heard anything, but I know that he was out on bail before my younger cousin was out of the hospital or her sister was in the ground.

My uncle couldn't take the grief and wound up taking his own life a handful of years later.

But that POS drunk is still out there breathing somewhere, and that is bull####.

There is no way I could convict the man in this story. If he needs monetary assistance, tell me where to send it.

Edited by Murgatroy
  • Like 1

The guy should go to prison, he broke laws and should pay for doing so and I do not mean a slap on the wrist. He killed the guy at the scene,for all I know the driver was knocked unconscious from the wreck and was shot in the head without the father even knowing the driver was drunk. I mean the dad walked home got a gun returned to the scene and shot the guy, that is definitely premeditated in my book, not to mention the story says he had his kids helping him push his truck up a dark, narrow, rural road,if by dark they mean night time then the father is a fool imo for putting his families safety in harms way and is partly responsible for the death of his kids and may even be fully responsible depending on the facts, I havent seen the road but there are situations where a person wouldnt have been able to stop their car in time drunk or not, blind curve,top of a hill who knows. There are places all around my house on rural roads that if you were sitting still or pushing a vehicle in certain spots you would get hit 6 out of 7 days of the week.  The father knew what he did was wrong hence why he dumped the gun before the cops showed up, to me it doesnt sound like he flipped #### in a fit of rage,he left his injured,dying,dead family to walk home get a gun kill a man and then get rid of the gun before law enforcement showed up.....temporary insanity doesnt sound like it in my book, to me it sounds like a guy who was more pissed off with the damage to his truck than the well being of his family, I would have never been able to leave my family laying there and the only thing running through my mind would be what can I do to help save them. Had he stayed with his family and later killed the guy after the tox results I would be bit more sympathetic though it doesnt make it any more right when it comes to legalities.

Now I know it sounds like Im taking up for the drunk guy and that is definitely not the case...I do not agree with drunk driving and I do believe if you take a life in a DUI you should lose yours and if you are a repeat offender then the previously stated should apply to you under a form of prevention.

Edited by ~48_South~