Ranked on 23rd??????

Randy W

No suprise to me. Can't keep a loaded long gun in the car without a hcp, and the HCP is jst a defense to the illegal act of carrying a firearm. The only states I see as firearms friendly are constiunal carry states. Anything else is that whole infringment thing they talk about in the 2nd amendment.

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere
  • Like 1

I take issue with some of their rankings.  They rate NC higher than TN, but NC requires a permit to buy a handgun, and a permit from the local sheriff to own a machinegun.  TN requires the Sheriff to sign the Form4 and requires no permits.  They rate PA higher than TN, but EVERY firearm transfer in PA has to go through a FFL.  To me that's a showstopper and should give them zero points in that category.

Not a chance NC is better than TN. Not a chance.

Florida has a 3 day wait period for gun purchases but you can keep loaded guns in your vehicle without a permit so that's a win. South Carolina doesn't allow open carry so I can't see how it ranked that high.

Guest boatme99

Having lived in Az. (unrestricted oc at the time), and recently Fl., I can understand the rating. 

Tennessee is pretty restrictive in it's weapons carry policies.

It's especially galling that everyone in the statehouse is so afraid of ticking off their donors that they won't  actually vote on  resolution.

They just keep saying "we'll leave it up to the locals", so they can avoid pissing anybody off, and covering  their own behinds. Consequently leaving a hodge podge of unknowable local laws.

None of  them have the huevos to actually stand and say "yes" or "no".

Guest boatme99

Not a chance NC is better than TN. Not a chance.

Florida has a 3 day wait period for gun purchases but you can keep loaded guns in your vehicle without a permit so that's a win. South Carolina doesn't allow open carry so I can't see how it ranked that high.

In Fla., there is no waiting period if you have your cwp.

Guest boatme99

Yep, but in Fl., you get a concealed WEAPONS permit.

You an carry  anything except explosives and "ballistic knives".

Automatic knives (switchblades), sword canes, mace, bats, etc. are legal to carry.