Road Rage Couple Brings Gun To Fist Fight

Yea...he's gonna do a little jail time me thinks. Those boys whooped his butt big time. If they hadn't let up or retreated I might could see a disparity of force argument, but they responded to an aggressor, dealt a few licks, and then backed off. I would even go so far as to say he may not have been charged just for displaying the firearm, but once he fired that was it.

The boys in the truck are the victims here. After successfully defending themselves against their assailant and ending the threat, they were backing off. It's not until that then the wife comes out with the gun. I'd be surprised to see the DA press charges against a wife/mother who got out of a vehicle with a gun, because she feared for the life of her husband (even if he started the fight).

Handing the gun to her husband, the assailant and instigator of the whole scenario, may change that.

Her husband points the gun at the boys (his victims) after the altercation is over and the report says he returned and fired shots at the truck. I don't see how he can possibly stay out of jail, but if he does, I bet he can never own a firearm again. 

What a pussy.  You picked a fight (for an exceptionally stupid reason) and lost.  Be a man, take your lumps, and move on.  You're lucky they didn't shoot you first.

What a great example to set for your kid in the back seat, you f-ing moron.   :shake:    Clearly you're a sore loser.  Bet that won't be the only thing that's sore while you enjoy prison. 

• Like 2
These were two very lucky boys as this could have turned out much differently. If they were my sons I would advise them to call the police if they feel they were being followed after an incident like this. I do admire the fact they took care of business and had the good sense to leave without unneeded violence.

I hope Bradley learned that the tuff guy routine does't work to well on the streets these days. Hopefully the courts will sentence him to classes on anger management and conflict resolution. I'll bet the family finds him a real joy to live with having a temper like that. The thing that bothers me most here is, this is what the liberals are looking for to call for more gun control when it's really an issue of self control.
Guest HvyMtl

This points to a simple thing, this person has a mental issue.  This could have ended worse (as it did end badly.)   The mental issue here is the cause of the event.  Any focus on this?  Nope.  It will be "no one needs guns," instead of "this person needs mental help."

I've always believed that as an armed citizen, we have a duty to avoid conflict whenever possible.  I sure know how difficult it can be sometimes as I've had people do all kinds of things to me on the road...not just poor driving but acts that was intended to cause an accident or start a fight.

As much as I might like to do the Chuck Norris thing and beat up the ones who have done that to me that not only isn't the moral/right thing to do but as an armed citizen it's an absolutely moronic thing to do.

This guy is lucky he didn't kill someone; the guys in the pickup even luckier.

• Like 2
Guest carter

well the video looks like the older guy thru the first punch... then got it handed to him by 2 younger guys... then pulls a gun when the 2 younger guys are retreating... 
pretty cut and dry looks to me... and video of it to top it off... 

BUT... look at the Zimmerman case... what was he having done to him when he shot and killed someone... it does not require the other party to have a weapon... if you feel imminent death or serious bodily harm it is justified...but I'm not saying it in this case being he instigated this by following and throwing the first punch 

Edited by carter

well the video looks like the older guy thru the first punch... then got it handed to him by 2 younger guys... then pulls a gun when the 2 younger guys are retreating... 
pretty cut and dry looks to me... and video of it to top it off... 

BUT... look at the Zimmerman case... what was he having done to him when he shot and killed someone... it does not require the other party to have a weapon... if you feel imminent death or serious bodily harm it is justified...but I'm not saying it in this case being he instigated this by following and throwing the first punch 

Zimmerman is trying to argue self-defense even though he started the conflict; we will have to see how that ends for him. This guy can’t make that argument.  The danger was over and he fired as they were leaving.

Guns are carried as a defense for an unprovoked attacked on an innocent person. If you let your mouth overload your azz and then try to use a gun to get out of it; you should go to prison.

...BUT... look at the Zimmerman case... what was he having done to him when he shot and killed someone... it does not require the other party to have a weapon... if you feel imminent death or serious bodily harm it is justified...but I'm not saying it in this case being he instigated this by following and throwing the first punch

It is, "who started it" that plays a major role here when determining justification for drawing (much less using) a deadly weapon.

With Zimmerman, some have the opinion that Zimmerman started the conflict...my opinion is that a punk-want-a-be named Travon Martin, with more hormones than brains, inappropriately responded to Zimmerman's arguably reasonable actions and started a physical conflict where there was none and didn't need to be one which then required Zimmerman to respond with force (justified because he was in reasonable fear of death or grave bodily injury as you are right; that fear can be wholly reasonable whether the other guy(s) have a weapon or no). I'll let a jury decided where the truth lies in that case.

In this case, I see Bradly acting very much like the punk-want-a-be Martin from the Zimmerman case in that rather than let a little traffic insult go by, he went out of his way to start a physical confrontation. That's why Bradly, in my opinion, was totally in the wrong to draw down on the two from the pickup; the fact that they were clearly in retreat at that point just makes Bradly's actions more obviously unjustified.

Edited by RobertNashville

This reminds me of my uncle about 10 years ago, he was driving in a parking lot and yelled at a pretty womam who was in a truck with her husband. The husband blocked my uncle in got out and opened my uncles door. The guy was huge and was on drugs. My uncle managed to grab his baseball bat and beat the guy repeatedly in the face and head. My uncle took off while the guy was bleeding on the ground.

He later turned himself in, but only ended up on probation cause the guy opened his door and pulled him out. Even though my uncle started it verbally. The guy ened up with dozens of staples and stayed weeks in the hospitol.