Comparing the LCP and G26

For those of you that haven't been able to see the Ruger LCP and wanted to know the size compared to another gun I took pictures of my LCP against my Glock 26. I carry the G 26 a lot but the LCP is so easy to conceal so when I need light it is perfect, if I only had the LCP I wouldn't have a problem with carrying it all the time, I just prefer my G 26 when it is feasible to carry.

Keep in mind that the LCP is good for it's use as a very concealable tool, IMO it is not as pleasant to shoot but I will be happy to have it on me if I need to protect myself.

These are just to give you an idea if you were wondering!

lcphand.jpg

glockhand.jpg

bothguns.jpg

bothguns2.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I've never seen an LCP up close......I didn't realize how small they actually are! That pic really puts it in perspective!

So, tell me, how does it shoot? Did you get it new or used? How many rounds have you put through it so far...and have you had any issues with it as of yet?

Looks like it would make a sweet BUG! I'm interested :mad:

Wow, I've never seen an LCP up close......I didn't realize how small they actually are! That pic really puts it in perspective!

So, tell me, how does it shoot? Did you get it new or used? How many rounds have you put through it so far...and have you had any issues with it as of yet?

Looks like it would make a sweet BUG! I'm interested :mad:

You're not gonna believe this BUT I have not taken it out to shoot yet, I want too and will soon but I have been so busy that I have not had a chance.

We have a new gun store here in Athens called All American Gun Shop and they got it in new, it was their first one and I got first choice so of course I wanted it. I gave my little Kel-tec to Mark. The LCP and Kel-tec are very much alike, but I like the smoothness of the LCP better. I expect it to shoot much like the Kel-tec and I had no complaints about the Kel-tec for what it was used for, a very concealable carry gun. It is very tiny but IMO powerful for it's size.

Guest Verbal Kint

I believe there are a few members on here that actually have them. Hopefully they can chime in and give their results.

<--- W00t. 1,000th useless post! :clap:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Natosha
Sooooooooo......Have you had a chance to shoot your LCP yet?

I can answer that for you! NOOOOOO :D She is too busy riding her motorcycle! HAHAHA :popcorn:

I can answer that for you! NOOOOOO :D She is too busy riding her motorcycle! HAHAHA :eek:

Ummmmm, how'd you know?!?! HAHAHA

Yes Yes, Natosha is right, but even more so, the range I go to shoot has different summer hours and I just haven't been able to get my sorry behind down there to try it out. I hope to very soon PackinMama. I want to take the LCP and the Kel-tec both and compare them.

Well I'm glad you're enjoying your motorcycle :D The last couple days have been absolutely gorgeous! Perfect for riding!! My sister (who is 13 years older than me) and her husband just bought a Honda Goldwing Trike. They have their motorcycle licenses already...they had a Suzuki until my brother-in-law totaled it about six months ago. They signed up to take Trike classes.....they say it's a lot different than riding a two wheeler. I'm looking forward to seeing it and maybe going for a ride ;)

Let us know how you like the LCP....if you ever get to shoot it! :)

Wowsers....such a teeny lil pistol. Just like a G21 is tooooo big for some folks, I don't know if I could shoot something that small and still be accurate?

It is kinda cute though, in a manly kinda gun way.

Wowsers....such a teeny lil pistol. Just like a G21 is tooooo big for some folks, I don't know if I could shoot something that small and still be accurate?

It is kinda cute though, in a manly kinda gun way.

LOL yeah it is cute. I can only speak for the Kel-tec at the moment but they are a lot alike, the kel-tec shoots accurate enough for me to rely on it for protection at a close range. I wouldn't have a problem with it for its intended purpose. I am sure the LCP will be the same. These guns are not "fun" guns to shoot but they are powerful enough to be the perfect conceal guns, this is all only MY OPINION of course so anyone needs to check these things out for themselves.

Packin, I think those trikes are so cute, I see quite a few on the road, they are definitely interesting looking. Hope you get a ride on one then you can let us know how it feels.

I am enjoying my motorcycle a lot, I have already put almost 1000 miles on it and I haven't gotten to take a long trip yet, we are still waiting on Mark's bike. Then we want to take some trips out through Gatlinburg, Cades Cove and places like that.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Major Pain

I've got about 150 rds. thru my LCP and it shoots great. I carry it as a bug to my J-frame and it shoots just as good. No problems so far and I was concerned because I usually only carry a revolver. I put the Kel-Tec clip on it and it just drops in pocket with only the clip showing.--MP