Facebook promoting "black theology" ...

Did anyone else get the FB advertisement for black theology? For those of you who don't know what black theology is it is essentially a new name for the tired old "black power, hate whitey, we are still being oppressed" nonsense that folks like Rev. Wright spew from the pulpit under the guise of religious teachings.

Personally I'm appalled that FB would promote this crap, but hey I guess racism is ok, so long as it isn't white folks who are the ones being racist.
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

I guess you are referring to black liberation theology, same as Rev. Jeremiah Wright preached? I wonder why they

have to advertise? Got one of the advocates for that stuff in the White House. Pretty big voting bloc of commies I

hear.

Unfortunately FB is the easiest way for me to keep in contact with family & friends, else I'd also have deleted it out of disgust for some of the ultra-assinine liberal spew that is constantly posted on there.

And don't get me started on all of the inspirational quote posters people seem to spam constantly .... GGRRRRR
  • Like 4

I guess you are referring to black liberation theology, same as Rev. Jeremiah Wright preached? I wonder why they
have to advertise? Got one of the advocates for that stuff in the White House. Pretty big voting bloc of commies I
hear.

Yup that's the same as the adversment.

It had over a thousand "likes" when I saw it.

Gave up fb a long time ago. Glad to have my life back.

Been contemplating that for months now, and just went over and deactivated the account.  Not even 5 minutes later my mother was calling asking what is wrong, like I am obligated to maintain an account there or something.

I didn't understand how silly FB was until that just happened.

• Like 1

else I'd also have deleted it out of disgust for some of the ultra-assinine liberal spew that is constantly posted on there.

And don't get me started on all of the inspirational quote posters people seem to spam constantly .... GGRRRRR

I see this a lot.  I use FB daily and do not have this problem, people that post crap I don't want to see on a regular basis get deleted or I take them out of my feed.  I have nearly 1000 FB friends and simply do not have this problem.  If I could keep all of the inspirational crap out of my email, now that would make me a happy man.

Edited by 10-Ring
  • Like 1

Half of that #### is promoted and egged-on by white folks.

I am not inherently racist, but I do get tired of the double standards we allow. Being black so often gets one a "pass"  and Im sick of that.  And like Garufa said, its at least as many whites that perpetuate this as blacks...maybe out of some misplaced sense of guilt or something.    Blacks are still a minority in this country, It took a whole lotta whites to get him elected.  I am convinced that the true racism in this country nowadays, the systemic racism, is something that is alive and well.  It's evident in the way we encourage welfare moms to birth more babies, and not make fathers be responsible for their offspring.  I think this all started with Lyndon Johnson's Great Society, and the social welfare government we have that rewards a lack of personal and family responsibility.  We actually encourage bad behavior!  And under Obama, things have gotten way worse...we actually encourage people, even non citizen immigrants to get on food stamps!  Black liberation theology, my A&^%^

There's a book by Ken Hamblen, a former radio talk show host in Denver, called "Pick A Better Country".  Excellent read.  Oh and by the way, Ken in black...he called himself the Black Avenger!  Also, I encourage you to listen to Carl Boyd on 99.7 on Sunday afternoons.  

• Like 2
Guest RedLights&Sirens
Its funny I guess, Im 28 and have no desire to ever use FB but my girlfreind who is 43 is all about FB, seems backwards. I dont keep up with old freinds and am not close to my family. I guess I could use it to advertise some CPR classes but thats too much work for me lol

I see this a lot. I use FB daily and do not have this problem, people that post crap I don't want to see on a regular basis get deleted or I take them out of my feed. I have nearly 1000 FB friends and simply do not have this problem. If I could keep all of the inspirational crap out of my email, now that would make me a happy man.

I'll have to tinker with the settings & see if I can cut down on some of the nonsense that comes up on my screen, sucks to hace to scroll & scroll through a bunch of garbage to find stuff that I actually want to see, like pictures of my grandkids etc.

I don't understand the fascination with Facebook either. When the stock first came out, I did the math and figured it was worth about $7/share. Based on potential... maybe $10-$15. It came out at $40, dropped below $20. I just looked it up and it's trading for $26. Go figure...  It's still way overpriced.

Well FB was the best way to keep in contact with my oldest boy while he was deployed, so that is what prompted me to start using it.

Then of course my other kids, who all but one are all grown & starting families of their own, none of which seems to remember how to dial a telephone anymore, let alone sit & actually put pen to paper in order to write a proper letter.

FB has it's good points I suppose, but I was not a happy camper to have "black liberation theology" advertisments show up on my page, I am assuming that black folks would have been just as unhappy if it'd been a KKK advertisement showing up on their page.

But then again we all know that would have never happened, because that would had been "racist" or something.
I was disheartened to see how popular that "black theology" was on FB, with regards to how many people "liked" and positively commented on the adversment.

Knowing what I know of it & the people who spew it's "white people are our enemies, whites are the devil" hate rhetoric - paraphrasing it's founder Rev. James Cone & seeing how well it seemed to be received on FB literally sent a chill up my spine.