N. Korea's Kim aims rockets at DC, LA, Hawaii and Austin

Personally I think it was pretty stupid to provoke NK by running our B2s there in the first place. Why start some crap in the region. I don't think NK had any doubt what we are capable of. Why poke the hornets nest? Now we might have to kill a bunch of people so we can say nana nana boo boo we got cool planes?

That's how the rest of the world is going to see it.

Personally I think it was pretty stupid to provoke NK by running our B2s there in the first place. Why start some crap in the region. I don't think NK had any doubt what we are capable of. Why poke the hornets nest? Now we might have to kill a bunch of people so we can say nana nana boo boo we got cool planes?

Naw...the great Oblammo will just send a soldier by U.S. mail to Kim's house with a helmet cam & Oblammo will simply pull the trigger by remote control from the white house. Isn't that how it works?

Personally, I think our president is a little delusional & sending some B-2's to try to flex our muscles this early in the game was a mistake. Don't poke the crazy ass N. Korean holding a nuke! :jester:

Actually, I am going to dissent. A show of American muscle is never a bad thing. One of my favorite author / pundit / general know-it-all, P.J. O'Rourke, says it best: America is not scared, America is scary. All the years of PC has made us lose sight of this. We should be cautiously confident and ready to bust some ass on a moment's notice. 

Edited by Good_Steward

They were being backed by the Chinese, had morale and food. They have none of that now. Armies perform on morale and chow. Just ask Saddam's elite Army and Republican Guard..... "5th largest army in the world blah blah blah...."

We were also limited, for the first time, by extreme and nonsensical political intervention...38th parallel, anyone?

Edited by Good_Steward

Breaking News!!!!!

Seems like our little Chia Pet in North Korea was serious!

Kim, Jung-Un and the North Korean Navy set off to invade the U.S!

2af471a4-ef42-43ba-8dfe-7bcfd0209cab_zps

Well.....Bye......

Dave S

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 2
Guest 6.8 AR

Actually, I am going to dissent. A show of American muscle is never a bad thing. One of my favorite author / pundit / general know-it-all, P.J. O'Rourke, says it best: America is not scared, America is scary. All the years of PC has made us lose sight of this. We should be cautiously confident and ready to bust some ass on a moment's notice. 

The only problem with this president flexing his muscle is he doesn't know which war he wants to start with first. He is

much too weak of an individual to be wielding swords he knows absolutely nothing about. I don't disagree with yours

and P.J. O'Rourke's sentiment, but I do with the particular leader wielding it. He wants our country to fail at whatever

is does, including destruction so he can rebuild us into a banana republic.

Whats bad is it seems the American people are NOT to concerned with what North Korea says. What a lot of people do not think about is that we have Amred Forces in South Korea, and if something does happen a lot of Soldiers will not be coming home to their loved ones. I was there in 1997-1998 and 2006-2007, they tell you in your inbrief to South Korea "You are here to DIE if something happenes" The life expectences of a front line Soldier in South Korea is 30 mintues. You are a Speed bump for follow on forces, our whole mission was to slow the advance of North Korean Soldiers to Seoul. I mean yea they have cried wolf so many times on doing something to South Korea and other's in the region, who's to say this time he does react and does something.

This is not like were threating them or plan to invade North Korea, because I can tell ya, there is NOTHING that North Korea has that the US wants.

That is the scenario that has bothered me for decades. We're sitting ducks on the DMZ. Most folks

here have no idea of this. Gets very little press except when the North starts rattling sabres.

Matter of time before it blows, even if by accident.

Thanks for your service from an ole Army Nam grunt.

• Like 1

For argument's sake, let's assume we have it out with NK.  We are bogged down in the middle east, and now we open another front on the war on terror or Bush's axis of evil.  What is to stop China from taking advantage of the situation and decide to bring Taiwan back into the fold?  If they moved on Taiwan, we are obligated to stop them.  Would we or even could we?  If we declare war with NK, could NK launch nukes against SK or Japan as a if we are gonna go down we are gonna take you with us response?

While I am pretty sure Kim Jung whatever his name is sabre rattling, he could bring devastation really quick to the world markets.  It is a troubling situation, and I sure hope someone has put a muzzle on both McCain and Graham.

A draft is unlikely at first if at all.  Before a draft you would see all reserves and NG called to active duty to include people serving in the inactive ready reserve.  Most people do not know that when you sign up for the military regardless of how short your contract is you are actually signing up for 10 years.  A certain amount of which is active or reserve the remainder being enrolled in the IRR.  So for example you sign a 3 year contract with the Army get out at the end of that 3 years you are still obligated for an additional 7 years in the IRR.  between those personnel pools the military should have enough bodies especially if they stop doing short rotations and have people over there for extended periods of time(which presents its on problems with morale and support from families).

Guest ThePunisher

Maybe a stupid question but if a war breaks out will they incorporate a draft?

Probably not b/c some politicians daughter would get drafted now that they have ok'd for women to fight on the front lines. Edited by ThePunisher

That is the scenario that has bothered me for decades. We're sitting ducks on the DMZ. Most folks

here have no idea of this. Gets very little press except when the North starts rattling sabres.

Matter of time before it blows, even if by accident.

Thanks for your service from an ole Army Nam grunt.

I spent two tours on the DMZ, and you're right in that most people have no clue. A war in korea will be mostly a massive air, rocket, missle and artillery barrage. Ground forces will be delayed for a few days until the other elements have done their jobs. Lets not forget that S. Korea is not defenseless. They have as much if not more pointed at North Korea also!

Dave S

How much to bribe him to swap austin for NYC?   Then he can have a green light :bat:

Regular missiles now have the power of the wwII hiroshima nuke.   He might survive in a bunker, but he will be lonely when he comes out.

Edited by Jonnin