Oh Snap! End of the world!

Guest Verbal Kint

Guest Verbal Kint

I did something very bad today...

No, I didn't make any Obama campaign pledges... I did something worse.

No, I didn't sign up over on Rabbi's website... I did something worse.

No, I didn't commit any felonious acts... I did something worse.

:stare:

I traded my HK in on a Glock 23. :blush:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the end of the world, that's simply an act of intelligence!

Guest Verbal Kint
That's not the end of the world, that's simply an act of intelligence!

Okay, fine... end of my butt then. :blush:

Actually, I have a job opportunity that pretty much forces me to go from a defensive carrying position, to an offensive carrying position. So the larger magazine count, plus ditching the heavier round, was to my advantage.

Guest Valkyrie

:drama:

Guest Verbal Kint
Well honestly I always thought HK's were a lil too bulky...

Says the Sig owner. :stare:

I had a bi-tone P229 in .357SIG before. Damn thing was a brick on a stick. Talk about bulky. :blush:

Damn nice guns... but too large to carry comfortably.

Guest Verbal Kint

Actually, do you know why the rounds in the photo are loaded in backwards? I actually learned of the reason, not too long ago. I always just assumed some owner was blatantly stupid. :blush:

It turns out that HK had sent out their new handgun to an independent photography agency, for promotional photos. Not being gun savvy, they loaded the rounds in backwards and snapped the shots. No one caught the mistake, until the promos had been printed and brochures had flooded their gun show. Only after numerous individuals brought it to the HK booth's attention did they immediately stop handing out the books and stopped any future printings.

But the damage was done. And the original brochures instantly became a collectible item. Today, however, you still find owners posting photos of their guns with the magazines loaded backwards. It's a tongue-in-check gesture towards the company they love, and a sort of "inner circle" cool factor to the pics.

Gee whiz trivia info. :stare:

Guest SUNTZU

"These aren't the droids you're looking for." :blush: I have some beachfront property with great tuna fishing in Iowa for you to look at as well. Just kidding.

Enjoy your Glock. I would love to have an HK, but its not in my near future.

Guest Verbal Kint

Enjoy your Glock. I would love to have an HK, but its not in my near future.

They're good guns... and I might own another down the road... but it's just not the right tool for the job, at the moment.

I highly recommend HK though. :blush:

• Administrator

Shouldn't you be in the kitchen?

PS: For the benefit of the people on Rabbi's short bus, whenever I make fun of Valkyrie it's a family ordeal. It's not me "not playing nice" ... :blush:

PSS: Seriously, get your ass in the kitchen.

Guest Valkyrie
Shouldn't you be in the kitchen?

PS: For the benefit of the people on Rabbi's short bus, whenever I make fun of Valkyrie it's a family ordeal. It's not me "not playing nice" ... :blush:

PSS: Seriously, get your ass in the kitchen.

Man the admins here are dbags! I QUIT! :drama:

If you are going to carry your firearm for professional purposes, you have the Gold Standard.

The Glock, with proper training, service, and ammo is mighty hard to beat, and is easily mastered.

The 40 cal round is full house, and is close to a magnum in performance without the term being used in court.

You did good. Get snap caps, do stoppage reduction drills, practice, and MARCH ON.:blush:

Guest justaman30
Okay, fine... end of my butt then. :blush:

Actually, I have a job opportunity that pretty much forces me to go from a defensive carrying position, to an offensive carrying position. So the larger magazine count, plus ditching the heavier round, was to my advantage.

Sounds to me like you made a good move then.