Oh Snap! End of the world!

Guest Verbal Kint

Guest drcoffee
It's the complete lack of a dingus that makes the revolver infinitely superior.

So when you start pulling the trigger and run out at 5 bangs(revolver), the auto starts to shine again, now doesn't it. :).

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

And for what it's worth, I've got handguns with all sorts of passive and active safeties. Glocks, revolvers, DA/SA handguns, SA-Only handguns, a cap and ball pistol that takes five minutes and a head start running downhill to load... I see none of them as being any more superior of a design (in terms of safety) than another.

In fact, I always get sort of an involuntary gag reflex with the concept of safeties comes up on a gun forum. At a very simplistic level, we're all talking about the use of instruments designed to cause death. Big Boy Rules really ought to apply at all times when we handle these things.

Oh, sorry... I missed the group_leo.png and group_mil.png logos beneath your screen name, so I neglected handle your ego with the proper amount of care. I've shot with plenty of cops and soldiers before. Can't say that being either automatically made all of them that good either and never saw one that was fast enough to get the drop on someone who already had the drop on them.

But whatever. ;)

Don't worry about my ego... it's fine. However, I've been shot at and don't care for it. So I tend to do all I can to make sure it doesn't happen again. And I especially don't care for folks on the internet, who don't know me, making ridiculous suggestions about pointing guns at me, even for "demonstration purposes".

As for getting the drop on someone... sounds like an interesting game we may have to play (safely) if we ever meet. There's way's to do it without anybody actually getting shot or even shot at. :);)

BTW, You ever read Massad Ayoob's account of his encounter with Bill Jordan? It's an interesting read, and also a good lesson in not being too focused on the obvious. It used to be posted up on the Taurus site.

• Administrator

As for getting the drop on someone... sounds like an interesting game we may have to play (safely) if we ever meet. There's way's to do it without anybody actually getting shot or even shot at. ;) ;)

I've played the game with simunitions... I'm totally going to screw with your OODA loop if we do this. :);)

Thanks for being a good sport.

I've played the game with simunitions... I'm totally going to screw with your OODA loop if we do this. :);)

Thanks for being a good sport.

A pair of water balloons, a long stick, and a pole to balance the thing over will also serve. Only draw-back is you don't get to face each other. Still, simunitions do work better...

One word of warning though: I cheat. I figure the only fair gun fight is the one I walk away from with a whole skin. ;)

So is it going to be high noon outside the saloon or what?:)

Hell, why not? Might as well have some fun before the big O takes all our toys away... and I've already got the boots, hat, guns, etc. ;)

We just have to make sure the loser is in good enough shape to still buy the drinks afterwards...

Hey, don't rain on everyone's parade just because you got a little one. :)
If that's all the game you brought to this thread, you're clearly hanging out with the .25ACP crowd. ;)
wait till you go to a perfomance car forum were horsepower numbers from a dyno are discussed, whoa
The length of your dick don't matter much if you shoot the other fellow's off.

LMAO you guys kill me ;)

Not until I hunted them down like a ninja in the night lol

Stalked by a dickless ninja...

Somehow, I think I'd die laughing long before he got to me. :eek: