• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GLOCKGUY

Did you think Dubya could?

Did you think he could, twice?

- OS

Were talking about McCain and Obama. So ill ask you again do YOU think Obama can run this country?

Sure. O could could the county just fine. Can't get any more back-asswards than it is now.

Do I want him running mine? NO

McCain's most likely to get my vote. Just don't let my wife or in-laws know if we ever meet!

Guest GLOCKGUY

if Obama does some how win this thing. everybody better get ready to be alot worst off then they are now. and all of you guys that vote for Obama or a 3rd party will be trying to kick your own ass for voting for them.

This is a part of a previous post I made on another thread.

Nobama is nothing but windowdressing. He is like a Hollywood film set. Once you walk thru the door there is nothing there! His changes are changes for the worst. Don't be decieved! He has done nothing of any substance while in the Senate and nothing before that either.

BO is for more entitlements for those who don't want to work which equals MORE TAXES to pay for them.

BO is for socialized healthcare which equals MORE TAXES.

BO is for more gun control. Look where he is from. Chicago.

BO is against drilling here in the USA and offshorewhich equals continued dependance on foreign countries that hate us.

BO is for abortion and partiale birth abortion which is murder.

BO is for amnesty for illegal immigrants. They are already costing us trillions of dollars.

BO wants to create another branch of the military to guard the mainland USA which will mean MORE TAXES.

BO may have the opportunity to appoint 2-3 Supreme Court Justices and that could easily swing the scales on gun control

Putting it mildly, BO STINKS!

I am more worried about how BO is going to pay for all of the "Changes" that he is proposing for Americans.

Don't get me wrong, I am not that thrilled with John McCain but he is really the only choice. I have also posted that I believe that anyone who is going to cast their vote for a 3rd party candidate is giving Bo a better chance of winning. A 3rd party will not/cannot win even though they may be the best person for the job. Every vote that goes for 3rd party is one vote less that BO needs to defeat McCain.

It is a shame that we, as a country, could not come up with any better candidates to run for president but these are the two with the best chance at winning and neither is a great choice but BO is, by far, the worst choice of the two!

I have also posted that I believe that anyone who is going to cast their vote for a 3rd party candidate is giving Bo a better chance of winning. A 3rd party will not/cannot win even though they may be the best person for the job. Every vote that goes for 3rd party is one vote less that BO needs to defeat McCain.

That is definitely a good way of saying it!!!!!

That truly explains the saying "Not voting for McCain is A Vote of Obama"

Edited by memphismason
Why the hostility? You you do not want to participate, then don't.

I have no idea where you read hostility in my response, but fact of the matter is, there wasn't any there.

This thread is not different than any onther one on this forum. If you don't like it, or you think it is stupid, then nobody is twisting your arm to make a post or read it.

Dude, you need to seriously chill. Or grow up. Not sure which one at this point. You sure read alot that isn't there.

Could you tell me where I even implied I didn't "like it" or thought it was "stupid"? Ya sound a tad touchy at the moment.

If there was no hostility than I do apologize for my statements.

Also this Dude is as chilled and grown as he ever will be.

The two or three seats in the SCOTUS is probably the strongest agruement so far (IMHO).

It does seems that McCain's people will not let him put liberals in those seats....at least that is what everyone that is voting for McCain is hoping....he is a "Maverick" you know. LOL

Guest Lefty

I like the Supreme Court split right up the middle. To far one way and we lose 2nd rights, too far the other and they'll anoint a president with way more power than anyone should ever have.

if Obama does some how win this thing. everybody better get ready to be alot worst off then they are now. and all of you guys that vote for Obama or a 3rd party will be trying to kick your own ass for voting for them.

Look, things are going to get A LOT WORSE no matter what.

We've reached a point of critical mass worldwide, and hence in America too.

At heart, it's an overpopulation/environmental issue, but will be translated economically. Which will mean much more than simply a pile of folks out of work.

The upside-down pyramid of more more more from the same resource pool of land, water, air, petroleum etc etc, is on the verge of toppling. It will happen, and most of us on this forum today may live to see it (at least the first parts of it).

I dare say that if we had a depression like the 30's, America alone would lose a third of it's population in just a few years.

Of course I hope I'm dead wrong. Maybe we're just seeing a hiccup for now. But it will happen eventually; it's inevitable that the planet will shake several billion of us off like fleas. And the quickest way for that to happen of course is economical calamity.

- OS

ps: It's my birthday, so I'm being cheerfully optimistic here.

Unless Obama really steps on his goober somehow before November, I don't see how he can lose.

The old "are you better off now than 8 years ago" question is a showstopper for the Republican party, thanks to Dubya.

- OS

Unless Obama really steps on his goober somehow before November, I don't see how he can lose.

The old "are you better off now than 8 years ago" question is a showstopper for the Republican party, thanks to Dubya.

- OS

I blame W for a lot of what is going on now but on the other hand there has been a dem controled congress for 2 years and they have done absolutely nothing but complain about everything.:D

Guest jth_3s
I'd be curious to know which things you and Obama agreed on. He and I only agreed on two: That invading Iraq was a mistake and that Government spending should decrease. And I'd bet you a beer that we may have agreed at face value but our reasons for feeling that way on those two issues are drastically different.

McCain and I agreed on 4 points and disagreed on 6. You can see my results in the attached PDF file. ;)

I agreed with Him on Iraq, withdrawl time, government spending, illegal immigration, and abortion. I dont consider Gay Marriage and abortion critical issues so they dont play into my decision on who to vote for. The economy and getting out of Iraq are IMO far more important than the damage Obama can do to the 2nd amendment in four years. I only agreed with McCain on 2 things Government spending and health care.

• Administrator
I like the Supreme Court split right up the middle. To far one way and we lose 2nd rights, too far the other and they'll anoint a president with way more power than anyone should ever have.

You must like all of your sports competitions ending in ties. That way no one team goes home feeling like they lost, right? ;)

Leftism at it's finest right there.

Guest jth_3s

I understand where he is coming from. President Bush has hurt the Republicans by giving the government too much power. The patriot act did more to hurt the Constitution than Barack Obama will ever do too it. Bush has violated every right we have other than the 2nd

Let me start by saying McCain wasnt my first choice, but now he's the only choice....

So lets be Honest here, Memphis this is a gun board, its a proven fact Obama is the ultimate anti gun candidate. So if you cherish the 2nd amendment as much as I hope you do this should be a no brainer. Also, Obama has NO EXPERIENCE... Would you want a rookie doctor giving you a heart transplant his 1st day out of grad school... or you want a surgeon thats performed hundred of those types of operations with a 95% success rate? McCain isnt perfect but you know what your getting and he has the experience.... period. If he gets that call in the middle of the night that will decide the fate of our way of life I believe he will make a better decision the Obama.

Lets start with health care... Obama wants socialized universal health care... no way, our system isnt perfect but in one of the best in the world. If I get sick I want to see a Dr. right then, I want to choose my Dr. too... I dont want to wait 6-9 month until my brain tumor is inoperable to get to see a Dr about it. Want to see what socialized universal health, or letting the government run health care works? Go down to the VA hospitals and see got yourself. At least McCain has a plan... http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/19ba2f1c-c03f-4ac2-8cd5-5cf2edb527cf.htm

Energy.... McCain wants to drill offshore and will probably decide to drill domestically... he also wants to find other sources of energy right now like natural gas. Obama doesnt want us to utilize our own oil supplys, he's animately against us drilling offshore and domestically or building more refineries. Obama doesnt have a plan.

National Security.... Well this should be a no brainer, McCain has been there done that. He knows what war is and understands what it will take to keep this nation safe and secure. Obama talks allot of talk, kinda like a armchair QB, whats Obama ever done to really be a servant to his country besides be a career politician?

Economy... McCain at least has a long term economic plan ready to put into place. Whats Obama got, not enough experience voting on such matters to even come up with a plan.

Last but not least I also vote my faith...

I cant vote for a candidate that agrees with homosexual lifestyles and thinks its ok to abort(murder) babys.

It also appalls me that Obama's preacher, and close friend, can get up on the podium and say... God D*** America. Now Obama claims he's a Christian and has attended this church for years. If so can you believe he hasnt heard, and apparently agreed with this sort of thing before now? Obama is either a lier about attending or a piece of crap for sitting there and listening to it without speaking out.

So it's basically like this... if you want to vote for Obama go ahead, but know this... somewhere across the state there is another guy (me), in another booth thats voting too... and his vote is going to cancel yours out.

Wanna vote American vote McCain.

Edited by GLOCKMEISTER
Guest tngunman

;)

The more conservative the SCOTUS is the less power the gov't can seize