South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham

Tennessee Sen. Lamar Alexander

Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker

Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey

Nevada Sen. Dean Heller

We have to vote out these guys

Edited by RED333
  • Moderators

Well that's what happens sometimes after you have a presidential white house dinner for Republican senators the night before something like this is pushed through. We can only hope the House will show more resistance, but I don't know.

Is anybody really surprised? Political expediency and the lesser of evils was the motivation. It's all theater anyway.

Since when did you feel that anyone you voted for would actually represent you?

• Like 3
Guest MilitiaMan

My emails to both were short and to the point.

-------

So much for your A rating by the NRA.

Voting yes to gun control? I'm disappointed in you sir.

I now know how I'm voting next election.

Thank you for making my decision that much easier.

God bless the The United States Constitution,
my name

---------

Edited by MilitiaMan
My letter to the two:

It has come to my attention that you recently voted in favor of gun control.  As a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and believer in upholding the Constitution of the United States of America, I find your action to be embarrassing.  I feel ashamed that you represent my state of Tennessee and do not possess the will nor judgment to uphold that which my state holds dear, the Constitution.

When I see senators like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul standing up for the people they represent, I am ashamed that my own senators do not support them.  You decisions and actions will not be unnoticed, and you will no longer have my support nor vote in the future as I can no longer trust you to make the right decisions and stand up for what is right. 

• Like 6

Dolomite has it right. There was a pretty big turn over in Dickson Co. last election cycle. I think all but 2 incumbents lost their seats. That includes every office or commissioner. Also the PRIMARIES are the place to fight this. Make sure they don't even get nominated. Otherwise you're stuck voting between the incumbent RINO or a Democrat.

I got through to Alexander's office by phone. Corker is still busy.

Me: I am extremely disappointed and I will do everything I can to help make sure he is not reelected. He lost a lot of votes today.

Intern: Sir, they didn't actually vote on the bill today they voted to begin debate

Me: I know. Let's call it what it is. They voted to break the fillibuster. He should have joined it, not blocked it. He blew a chance to possibly kill it altogether.

Intern: Sir, this just would have delayed it. A fillibuster probably would not have blocked it. It would have came through anyway.

Me: So why not try to delay it? Anything was better than nothing.

Intern: Sir, The motion got 68 votes. Even if he voted against it they still would have needed 8 more votes to stop it.

Me: He should have at least tried. So if you think you might lose a battle you just go ahead and give up???

Intern: well...no sir....

Me: You just let him know he was on thin ice anyway and this probably just lost him the next election. Have a good day.

Intern: You too, sir.

• Like 1

RINOS that voted yes today for gun control

New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte

Georgia Sen. Saxby Chambliss

Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn

Maine Sen. Susan Collins

Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake

Georgia Sen. Johnny Isakson 

Arizona Sen. John McCain

Mississippi Sen. Roger Wicker 

North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr 

North Dakota Sen. John Hoeven

Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham

Tennessee Sen. Lamar Alexander

Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker

Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey

Nevada Sen. Dean Heller

We have to vote out these guys

Along with our sorry TN senators, I find it quite sickening that Lindsey Graham said this just late last month and then his name shows up on this list.  What a crock.  

http://thehill.com/video/senate/291103-graham-senate-dems-gun-bill-going-nowhere

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Sunday blasted Democratic efforts to pass new gun control laws, vowing that a bill Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) plans to bring to the floor next month was “going nowhere.”

Graham singled out universal background checks as the reason he and other Republicans would vote against or filibuster the legislation. Graham argued that existing laws on background checks should be enforced before those laws are expanded.

I just sent this email

I contacted your office previously warning you that if you, or any other representative, supports an infringement on the 2nd Amendment in any way I will never vote for you or your party again. Now it is time for me to keep my word, unlike you.

Now I will try everything in my power to convince others to do the same. I will now donate time and money to your competitors in an effort to remove you from office. I will never again support, in any way, any members of your party no matter where they stand now.

I warned you that any representative that tries to legislate anything against the Constitution or Bill of Rights, including the 2nd Amendment, will lose my vote forever and now you have lost my vote forever. I warned you that I will not support any representative that does not honor the oath they took to support and defend the Constitution and Bill of Rights, in its entirety, so I have no choice but to keep my word. In the same way the 1st Amendment is so strongly protected the 2nd should also be protected with the same vigor.

I am a veteran who took an oath to support and defend the Constitution. It is the same oath you took but I have actually fought for all of our Constitutional rights, not just the ones I like, and I am permanently disabled because of that fight. My family and I have made significant sacrifices. I would hate to think that those sacrifices, and my daily struggles because of my injuries, were for nothing but alas those sacrifices mean nothing to you. Because you supported a measure limiting one of our Constitutional rights I will take it to mean that the sacrifices I made are not important to you.

Because of how you voted I will not support you. I will let everyone I know through social media, veteran’s organizations, by voice and by internet that you do not support those who have given so much.

You had fair warning that all you needed to do is vote to support the Constitution, which you took an oath to do, to keep my support.

• Like 7

I called Sen. Corker's office, I could hear the phones ringing off the wall, I expressed my disappointment and a staffer told me that the vote was only to bring the matter to the floor and that Sen.Corker would vote against it............guess we will see.

I would suggest that what you see here is not a support for gun control, but a struggle between establishment Republicans and the libertarian leaning group that is seeking to dismantle to statist wing of the GOP.

I would hope so because the only difference I see between most "Republicans" and "Democrats" is that little letter next to their name on the ballot.

• Like 1

I called Sen. Corker's office, I could hear the phones ringing off the wall, I expressed my disappointment and a staffer told me that the vote was only to bring the matter to the floor and that Sen.Corker would vote against it............guess we will see.

That was my whole thing. Why even let it come to the floor?? Why not fight it tooth and nail every step of the way?? That way at least if it does pass you can say you did everything possible.

• Like 1

That was my whole thing. Why even let it come to the floor?? Why not fight it tooth and nail every step of the way?? That way at least if it does pass you can say you did everything possible.

Can I get an AMEN up in here

• Like 2