How ya gonna build your TGO billet lower?

Didn't wanna derail the group buy discussion with inane chatter, so we'll do it here.

How ya gonna build yours?

I'd like a new caliber. (like I need it!!!). I'm thinking either a 6.5 Gendel or a .458 SOCOM. A short heavy thumper sounds great but a long heavy barrel in 6.5 that'll reach way out there sounds great too. The Grendel will get out there with conviction from what I've read.

prolly do a varmint upper, 24 inch barrel with a 1:12 twist, er mazbe a 1:8 twist....

then carry over my od green prs stock, cerakote the upper and lower as od green as well, and get a midwest ind free floating hand guard. Iäd like to see a chrome bcg become available as well for this. Then, down the road, I'll get a us optics sight. Merica! :usa:

Yes, possibly.

I found it as soon as i asked this question.. I bet this forum would be a lot easier to find what you were looking for if folks like me would just go look before clogging threads up with dumb questions lol. Thanks for the link though.

Didn't wanna derail the group buy discussion with inane chatter, so we'll do it here.

How ya gonna build yours?

I'd like a new caliber. (like I need it!!!). I'm thinking either a 6.5 Gendel or a .458 SOCOM. A short heavy thumper sounds great but a long heavy barrel in 6.5 that'll reach way out there sounds great too. The Grendel will get out there with conviction from what I've read.

The .458 slaps you pretty hard. I don't know if you'll like the recoil. I wound up putting a brake on mine. I'm thinking Grendel for my next one.

BTW... you're welcome to shoot mine.

Edited by mikegideon

Y'all need to stop bringing up the .458. I'm trying very hard to go with the .300 BLK instead of the .458. The fact that I don't currently reload has me scared of the cost and availability of ammo for the .458.

Simple... start reloading. There's no sense paying factory price for BLK either. I bought 200 rounds of BLK when I first got the rifle, and loaded everything else with converted .223 brass. If you ever start reloading, you'll kick yourself for not starting sooner. Right now, you can't find the ammo anyhwere, and I'm swimming in it.

Y'all need to stop bringing up the .458. I'm trying very hard to go with the .300 BLK instead of the .458. The fact that I don't currently reload has me scared of the cost and availability of ammo for the .458.

Simple... start reloading. There's no sense paying factory price for BLK either. I bought 200 rounds of BLK when I first got the rifle, and loaded everything else with converted .223 brass. If you ever start reloading, you'll kick yourself for not starting sooner. Right now, you can't find the ammo anyhwere, and I'm swimming in it.

That is the next thing on my to-do list. I've the bench built, now I need to money for the setup.

That is the next thing on my to-do list. I've the bench built, now I need to money for the setup.

If you're headed that way anyway, there's not much difference in ammo cost between the .458 and the Blackout. .458 brass is more expensive, but it lasts almost forever. More powder too, but the bullet cost is similar.

To my understanding these TGO lowers are going to be .556 a .308 will not work in an AR15 lower receiver

I am going with a 6.8 SPC and a 556 both NFA Short barreled

Well that sucks.

Just heard in PM, just AR15, DADBURN IT.

Edited by RED333