Best Handguns

If "I" only have to have one handgun its a Glock 20.  Reasons:  Self Defense.  Critter Defense (i.e bears).  Deer Hunting/Big Game hunting.  15 Rounds of 200gr. XTP's will stop the world.

The recoil of my full powered GLock 20 loads are not perfect for my wife and sons though...

For "my family" the Glock 19.  Reasons:  Simple. Accurate.  Reliable.  Perfect.

Believe it or not I am not one of those Glock people, but those are two of the best guns ever produced in my opinion.

Not a carry gun,  but my Ruger New Model Single Six (first handgun I ever owned, given to me by my father in 1979) is probably the gun I am most comfortable with. It's still a dream to shoot, plus the fact that it's got major sentimental value to me.

Also, my Bersa Thunder 45UCP. Laugh all you want, yeah, I know... a Bersa. I hear it all the time from Glocksters and 1911 fanatics. Whatever.

But I like it so much that I bought two. Feels right in my hand, and I've got plenty of shooting time with them, and ZERO reliability issues. My favorite daily carry.

Guest TN.Frank
Glock, especially the G19 seems to be among our favorite so far. I guess if I had to make a list of the guns I mentioned in my post it'd be:
S&W K/L Frame
Glock G19
Sig P225/239(but in 9x19mm and not 40cal)
Current CZ82(or a Makarov PM)
I could be happy with any of em'.
As for calibers, 38/357Mag, 9x19mm or 9x18mm all work well enough for me. Don't need a "Hand Cannon" for CCW/Home Defense,LOL.

Also, my Bersa Thunder 45UCP. Laugh all you want, yeah, I know... a Bersa. I hear it all the time from Glocksters and 1911 fanatics. Whatever.

But I like it so much that I bought two. Feels right in my hand, and I've got plenty of shooting time with them, and ZERO reliability issues. My favorite daily carry.

You watch 'em on the left and I'll take the right with my Bersa Thunder .380, tartanphantom.  :grouchy:   I will not let that little pistol go.  When will people ever learn that quality is not just for guns north of $500?

• Like 2

If I had to pick a favorite it would be my Ruger Bisley Vaquero .357 magnum.  Only because it will out shoot your $2000 Wilson Combat 1911. It is uncanny that an old single action wheel gun with fixed sights is so accurate.

This is kind of like saying with kid do I love the most but I'll give it a try:
Glock 19 for size,ease of maintaince and reliabilty - this one has the black grips
Glock 23 for size, ease of maintaince and reliabilty- this one has the black slide
Glock 26 for size, ease of maintaince and reliabilty- this one has the black barrel
Glock 21 for being a big old honkin gun firing a big old honkin bullet- this one has the black mags

The there's the glock 17 rtf2 , glock 22, ect. I guess each one is special in its own way but anyone is a great choice.
  • Like 1
Guest Msavard

I don't know why but I greatly prefer my Glock 26 to my M&P Sheild 9mm. I like the thinner grip profile on the shield and it does feel pretty good in the hand, but the trigger on the Glock is superior. Most importantly, my groupings are significantly tighter at 7m with the Glock than the Shield. I know it's not the weapon, but for whatever reason I'm just more accurate with the Glock... so that's likely my EDC going forward ( 2 range sessions last week with both doing a side by side comparison) 

This is kind of like saying with kid do I love the most but I'll give it a try:
Glock 19 for size,ease of maintaince and reliabilty - this one has the black grips
Glock 23 for size, ease of maintaince and reliabilty- this one has the black slide
Glock 26 for size, ease of maintaince and reliabilty- this one has the black barrel
Glock 21 for being a big old honkin gun firing a big old honkin bullet- this one has the black mags

The there's the glock 17 rtf2 , glock 22, ect. I guess each one is special in its own way but anyone is a great choice.

Sooooo... what have ya got against Glocks? :D

Not a carry gun,  but my Ruger New Model Single Six (first handgun I ever owned, given to me by my father in 1979) is probably the gun I am most comfortable with. It's still a dream to shoot, plus the fact that it's got major sentimental value to me.

Nothing wrong with a Bersa. Good little gun.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

1.  Steyr S9-A1 or M9-A1,  these handguns are probably best kept secrets out there, Best grip position by far comparing to any other guns on the market, almost no muzzle rise at all when shooting. Trigger is 4lbs crisp short much better then Glocks.  try shooting one of these and u will love it.

• Like 1
Guest RedLights&Sirens
I only own one handgun at the moment, a Glock 23 and its great BUT I am taking a liking to 1911s more and more. There may be one in my future, probably a Springfeild Armory.
HK P7. Why? It's an unique pistol that's no longer made. Its all steel and was made with absolutely no slop, which, along with the fixed barrel, makes it laser accurate. It has a great trigger and is incredibly safe, yet quick to get into action. Also, several cool movie bad guys use it.

Downsides are that it gets hot quickly, is heavy, and has a relatively low capacity. Its uniqueness can also be a downside.
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Guest seadog

My Ruger GP 100 you just cant kill em... my second choice would be my STI Trojan ive owned alot of 1911's and its been the most accurate and fun to shoot and the action is amazing !