Best Handguns

The best revolver I ever had was a Colt Anaconda in .45 long colt.  It had a 6 inch barrel and custom Keith front sight and a detent locking system for the front of the crane.  I fired LBT design 325 grain cast bullets from it and they would penetrate 12 inches of seasoned oak.  I was fond of the S&W 1911 that I installed the Ed Brown Bobtail mainspring housing on.  I'm fond of the Ruger Stainless Super Blackhawk that I fitted a Bisley hammer, trigger & gripframe to.  It also has a Belt Mountain basepin in it to keep it from backing out with heavy handloads.  I'm happy with the various Glocks that I have customized.  I rework the triggerguard to get rid of that awful hook on the front and relieve the rear of the triggerguard to allow a little higher grip and then rework the action to make it very smooth.  I've also fitted several Colt Stainless Combat Commanders with Smith & Alexander magwells which I contoured to make the rear more like a Bobtail.  There have been many, many more but these come to mind. 

The pistol that fits my hand the best is my Kahr K9. Took a bit to get used to the trigger, but I really like it now. For a revolver, I'd just have to say almost any of my S&W revolvers...but the old model 64 with pachmayr grips probably gets shot the most 'cause it just feels good in my hands.

Les Baer 1911's

The only pistols that I have sold and bought back the same model of. I am waiting on my 2nd SRP, it will be special but of all of the 1911's I have owned and believe me I have had many high end ones, the SRP is my favorite handgun, it is a simple no frills accurate no nonsense 1911 that is built by a comapny that simply knows how to build a semi custom 1911 without charging a fortune for them. Sure some of my pistols had better fit and finish like the many Ed Brown pistols that I have owned and a fine Nighthawk Custom (very early model)

But of all of them the SRP 5 inch pistol is my favorite handgun Edited by willis68
  • Like 1
Mine is obvious... CZ P-01. PERFECT ergos for me. Good trigger in sa/da. Great accuracy in a comfortable to carry package. Good mag capacity with 14+1. I have spare mags that are full size CZ 75 with a Sp01 floorplate which gives me 16+1 and fits flush to the magwell. But i guess the best quality is the fact that in over 2000 rounds i have had Zero malfunctions. Not even an ammo related malfunction. So yeah, its good enough for me to trust my life to it.

The HK USP series hands down is the best handgun. They might not be the most ergonomic or have the best trigger, but they would out last any handgun out there. I have seen Glocks break their trigger rest springs and be come useless and same goes with many other guns. The one part that breaks on a USP after 10s of thousands of rounds is the flat spring, and even so it still keeps shooting in double action, no other pistol can claim that much awesomeness :)

• Like 1

The HK USP series hands down is the best handgun. They might not be the most ergonomic or have the best trigger, but they would out last any handgun out there. I have seen Glocks break their trigger rest springs and be come useless and same goes with many other guns. The one part that breaks on a USP after 10s of thousands of rounds is the flat spring, and even so it still keeps shooting in double action, no other pistol can claim that much awesomeness :)

Ummm, lol... I dont give a damn about a Glock but you know its not uncommon for range rental glocks to run hundreds of thousands of rounds until they die, right? Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I have seen all kinds of gun break, some faster than the others, but I have never seen a Glock run hundreds of thousands, I have seen them start breaking springs in around 5k rounds. I am not saying they are not good guns, fixing them is easy. The only other handguns besides HKs that I have seen that have run actually hundreds of thousands of rounds and still function properly are, Springfield TRP Operator and Beretta PX4 Storm.  

S&W M&P 9. Full size. It points well, eats any round fed, and can be disassembled with a pin. It shows minimal wear after 1,000 rounds. I will get the shield, compact or .45 next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Glock 17 Gen 2 . To me it is perfection . Ease of maintenance , very few parts , high resistance to rust , can be COMPLETELY disassembled with a nail , or screw or any long skinny object , will go bang every time , will run just fine when dry with no oil ,,,, on and on and on .

I can shoot it nicely  It is my favorite pistol of all time. The one I carry was made in 1992 . Still running fine .

Edited by tercel89

S&W M&P 9. Full size. It points well, eats any round fed, and can be disassembled with a pin. It shows minimal wear after 1,000 rounds. I will get the shield, compact or .45 next.

Do you mean a field strip disassembly or a complete disassembly ?

I believe both.

Do you mean a field strip disassembly or a complete disassembly ?