It's that time again- SHTF neat stuff learn/show off!

I know it looks like I'm slacking on this, but my internet won't work long enough to reply! I'm on my phone, but was hoping to use my IPad to show a satellite image of the location so we all know what to look for as in what can be taught. I'll do what I can from my phone! Gah, first world problems.... Lol

Good ideas adding it to the events section, I don't know why I didn't think of that.

URL=http://s31.photobucket.com/user/atomic_colonic/media/image_zpsa4d78fbe.jpg.html]image_zpsa4d78fbe.jpg[/URL]

This is the property. It may be a little grown up grass wise. It has a creek and a few flat places. A building is on the property, used as storage and it has power if we should need it for any reason. It is right off the hwy, easily found and accessible. I figure if we park close to the road, camp on the dirt side of the " parking lot" next to the woods, we'll have several acres to compose our business.

It opens up a lot under the canopy. It looks completely wooded, but being a paintball field, all the smaller trees and underbrush are long gone. The owner even has a homely shooting range against the back bank of the hill. It's about 25 ft, but we can find greater distances if need be.

The restroom situation is of the "natural" variety. Come prepared...

I'm working on my teaching strategy. I plan on following the universal rule of three.

3 hours in the elements. This may include core temperature regulation, layering, several shelters, and signs of hyper/hypo thermia.
3 Days without water. Ill go down early and build a solar distillation still, set up some solar distraction bottles, bags on trees, etc. We'll cover several methods of gathering water, purifying water, how much we need, the efeects of not having enough, and keeping water. I'll also bring bleach, tablets, and a MSR water filter.
3 weeks with out food. Ill try to get set some traps/snares out and set the Friday night. If we actually catch something, maybe a skinning/cooking lesson? Either way, we can discuss trapping methods, edible plants, testing for a poisonous plant, insects, maybe even tanning hides or smoking in a expedient field made smoker. I also have some facts about the effects of starvation.

I'm going to bring my forge and a few horseshoes, railroad spikes, and files if anyone would like to smith a primitive knife while we're out here. I can pass along all the info I have on annealing, hardening, tempering, carbon content, etc. that I have learned making a few hundred knives ov the last few years.

That's what I can do personally. If there's something you'd like to learn specifically, PM me. I'll get a list of stuff people want to know and if no one is attending that can teach it, I'll look into myself and maybe we can learn more about it together, there. I have a couple people that have let me know what they have to offer the group. If there is something you are educated in, we'd find beneficial, and are willing to talk a little about it. Let me know and we'll post it in whats offered.

Still looking at June 1-2 We can camp every night. We can also try to do this is one action packed day if need be to free up more schedules!

• 2 weeks later...
I wish you could have made it! I know you'd have a lot to offer!

I'm gonna try to update this a little bit. I usually only have a few minutes of Internet usage available at best. ( called and basically got "whelp" in response to the problem. )

There will be camping Friday and Saturday night.
I should be getting a few things made today to use during instruction.
I'm still working on getting the most out of the meet. We'll be doing most things on Saturday so that those that drive can leave at a decent time on Sunday.

I have a couple people that have offered to lend their knowledge to teach others... the more the merrier!

If there is something you've seen on a show and wanted to try, now's the time. If you're looking to something specific let me know and I'll see what I can do!
I'll hang out for a while Fri night, just in case someone shows. I'll be getting a few limbs/brush together to make a shelter or two and establishing a fire pit, dig the hole for the solar distillation example, but if I don't hear anything from anyone at dark, I'll assume the folks are coming in the morn and sleep in my nice comfortable bed!

My number is 865 313 7849 if anyone needs me or just feels lonely...... I'm off to bed.

Is it too late to get in on this? Kind of last minute, I know. 

I'm probably not prepared to teach anything but I'm up for learning. It looks like a beautiful weekend to get outdoors and meet some new folks.

Come on and join us!

Thank you, UncleJak!

It kind of sounds like everyone is showing up Saturday morning rather than Friday night...is that right? I'm "semi-local" and am available to help with the setup if needed and would also be happy to pick up any supplies that the group might need. Give me some ideas and I'd be glad to help out.

Nope not at all brother! You're welcome to jump on in! All are welcome, bring your friends!

I'm bringing my forge. It's a pretty small, as in one spike at a time, propane forge. I use pliers, so if anyone has tongs and would like to use them.....
Im coming. Im bring 3 sets of tongs, hammers, anvil, steel, grinders, etc. I also have 3 buckets of coal if yall want to do a ground forge setup, we will need power for a hair dryer and a shovel.

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

Thanks To Mr Big Baby Sweets for hosting this event agian. The wife and I had a super time. We met a few new faces and learned a few new things. Good luck to those that braved the overnight stay, hope ya'll didnt get too wet..lol

Had an awesome time today. Thanks to big baby for putting this together and I was glad to meet everyone. I stayex dry under a tarp last night with my mummy bag. Nothing like falling to sleep in the rain under a tarp with no worries. And Dudley the deuce was worth the trip to see....

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere