Interesting day at work.

Some idiot called a bomb threat in today at my work. Made for quite an interesting morning. I've got a feeling this stuff is going to happen more like it did after 9/11. All the nut jobs want to come out. Nothing to get your adrenaline going like looking through trash cans and rooms PRAYING you DON'T find a bomb.

• Like 1

Nothing to get your adrenaline going like looking through trash cans and rooms PRAYING you DON'T find a bomb.

Please tell me you meant "Nothing to get your adrenaline going like having the trained proffesionals from the bomb squad looking through trash cans and rooms, Praying THEY don't find a bomb".
  • Like 1

Please tell me you meant "Nothing to get your adrenaline going like having the trained proffesionals from the bomb squad looking through trash cans and rooms, Praying THEY don't find a bomb".

Ha! I wish. Bomb squad didn't even show because we didn't have a confirmed device, just a threat. Sooo... PD, Fire, and my team did a building sweep. Technically I have had training, but it's more along the lines of "YEP! That's a bomb. RUN!" No "cut the green wire" for me thanks.

• Like 1

Ha! I wish. Bomb squad didn't even show because we didn't have a confirmed device, just a threat.

Kind of like "sorry, we can't arrest the guy that keeps following you until he actually does something to you....."  

"Oh?  you mean like shoot me or something..???" 

"yeah...that would work...."

It's the law....I know.  Not the police's fault, but this is what really PMO about those that would LOVE nothing more that to take away our handguns, HCP's and so on....

• Like 1

Ha! I wish. Bomb squad didn't even show because we didn't have a confirmed device, just a threat. Sooo... PD, Fire, and my team did a building sweep. Technically I have had training, but it's more along the lines of "YEP! That's a bomb. RUN!" No "cut the green wire" for me thanks.

Wow that is jacked up! I mean I understand the cost associated with deploying a bomb squad but still, you'd think they'd rather have the pros looking.
  • Like 1

Wow that is jacked up! I mean I understand the cost associated with deploying a bomb squad but still, you'd think they'd rather have the pros looking.

I agree, believe me. My wife and my partner's wife would too. BUT price you pay for being a security and disaster "expert" (not my term) lol Funny thing is I have two weeks left before I transfer to a different job and I'm just like "Lord, please don't let me blow up."

• Like 2

Honestly if anyone is going to notice something out of place it would be someone from the facility. I know when I was being trained on how to deal with bomb threats we were told to grab a person from the building and take them with us to look for anything out of place.

If LE walked into a building they have never been to before and were looking for something suspitious they would have no clue what is out of place.

• Like 3

It's always nice to let "someone else" get it.  In my job, as well as the OP's job, we are the "someone else".

That's it. Sucks sometimes, but it's what you sign up for. Dolomite, you hit the nail on the head. That's why we go with them. Plus there are alot of places they can't access without us anyway.

If you see me running, try to keep up. :)
  • Like 1

Statistically speaking how many times in history has a bomb threat been called in, and a actual device been found?? Pair this with the fact that after we have an event of this magnitude (the Boston event) that all the nut jobs come out of the woodwork to get their jollies.

That is exactly what I was looking into today. The same thing happened after 9/11. I imagine rarely does a called in threat result in an actual device being found. But it'd be the one time you don't look into it that it happens.

Edited by Punisher84
  • Like 1