Here comes gun control in the back door....

Guest Cami

Criminals will always be able to buy guns. I doubt that gun shows are even in the top 5 places they aquire them.

You're kidding yourself. First place I'd go if I couldn't buy from FFL, and I'm sure I don't have any special insight into the matter.

I wouldn't know where to find that guy who only sells to felons from his trunk, why would the average criminal? And even if you did, where are the prices and selection the best?

For all I know, I've sold to a criminal myself, as there's no way to know. It's just an inconvenient truth, eh?

- OS

Guest TN.Frank
You want to buy an illegal gun just check with your local drug dealer. Chances are some of his customers have traded a few to him for his product and they're for sale for the right price.
On a side note, if they keep pushing off all this gun control and executive orders on us we'll ALL be criminals in a matter of time.
Guest TN.Frank

All guns are "illegal" if I'm a prohibited person. Why should I go anywhere except to where they are the most plentiful?

- OS

I personally think there should be no such thing as a "prohibited person" because in the end the government will come up with a way to make us ALL prohibited persons.
I was also speaking about "illegal" as opposed to "legal" as in bought through a FFL with a background check and not stolen. Illegal would be a stolen gun bought from a drug dealer.
All this anti-gun crap isn't ever going to stop until we either impeach a bunch of em' and put them in jail for Treason or line em' up against a wall. That'll put the Fear of God and the Citizens of the USA back into the rest of them so they'll stop trying to take our Rights from us.

I have mixed emotions about all this.  I completely understand that it seems rediculous that one person could deem you mentally unfit; however, having limited exposure in the mental health world, I can also tell you, without a doubt, there are people in this world who are absolutely not competent enough to own a gun.  I know the laws vary by state, but my experience with legal psych stuff was in regards to involuntarily committing patients to an inpatient facility.  In the same way, this is also a process of removing a persons rights.  Through this process, you are able to hold a person against their will as long as the health professional deems necesary.  In the state where I was involved in this process, it was not the decision of one professional or one lawman that could accomplish this.  There were at least two mental health evaluations from two different professionals, a couple of attorneys, and a judge.  I never saw these decisions taken lightly, and in most cases, these rulings were for temporary circumstances.  I see no indication that a decision regarding a persons constitutional right, which would effect such rights for the rest of their life, would be taken any less serious than one that would be temporary. 

However, on the other hand, I feel this would be similar to felons.  As we all know, felons have been stripped of their second amendment rights, but it certainly does not seem too difficult for a felon to get a gun.  There are people in this world who, I believe, are truly evil.  They have evil intent, and they always will.  You can call them mentally ill or felons or whatever, but the simple fact of it is that until you find a way to effectively deal with such people in society, passing a law that makes an illegal act extra illegal will have no affect, zero.   

Go read "the girl who" books.   Its fiction, yes, but its serious food for thought about how someone with an agenda can use the mental health system against an individual.   Or skip to the third one, its the trial and the entire plot is exposed in full there, the first 2 books are not critical to see what I am talking about here.  Tinfoil hat, perhaps, but we are talking a much simpler scenario than locking up one person.   Here we just get the government to hire anti-gun shrinks that deny everyone, this would not be hard to do at all. 

Locking someone up because someone THINKS they may be a danger is wrong --- its exactly the same issue.   In most of the cases, and you can probably back me up on this, the folks being locked up are  beyond the speculation phase: they have *proven* by their actions to be a danger.  Usually by putting up a whale of a fight before being chemically subdued and hauled off to the looney bin.   I have been around a few of those too, and it takes 4 grown men to hold down one troubled teenager (granted the grown men are heavily constrained in what they are allowed to do to subdue the individual, making their job harder).   But in terms of gun ownership, it would be PURE SPECULATION.  Because if some idiot had shot up the local mall a few times, the would not even be in the discussion of  being allowed to own a gun or not, shrink or no shrink.  THAT discussion would be about people who had NO HISTORY of harming people, subjected to an evaluation by law, and denied.....  

Edited by Jonnin