Remi 700 AAC-SD build

ToXIc

http://www.primalrights.com/forum/article.php?a=4789

Good write up about FFP vs SFP scopes. One thing to take away from that article is that people have used SFP for years and made the adjustments. FFP is not exactly required, it will however make it easier for a person new to long range shooting progress.

The SPR line of vortex are great, they are pricey also. With a SFP scope like the MIllett you are relying on the accuracy of your turrets, which is asking a lot of a scope that isn't exactly known for its accuracy. You aren't going to know at what magnification that the mil calculation that Dolomite gave you will be accurate because on a SFP scope it will vary with magnification.

This is a big reason my initial suggestion was the Bushnell 10x takes out variables.
  • Like 1

I normally setup some lines at 100 yards to confirm the correct magnification for ranging. Then I use a sall drill bit to put a small silver dot at the correct setting.

That's an ingenious idea, will be using it later this week lol. One less thing on the withered note card inside my scope cap that is close to illegible.

Thank you.

got some more stuff in...

null_zps10849452.jpg

yikes... :rant:

thankfully everything was in the box and undamaged.. :woohoo:

null_zps81a39d83.jpg

bad news.. i may have to put the build on hold cause i kinda spent my scope money on a OD Glock 27..... :whistle:

• Like 1

man that tipton carbon fiber cleaning rod is awesome!!!!

finally got to clean the barrel and it was dirty.. you would think a barrel staright from the factory would be clean..

Dangit.....

I'm jonesing... I want to shoot the 700.... Thinking about canceling the pre-order for the OD glock.

I just picked up a used like new vortex 6.5x20 for $300 (they have a no questions asked lifetime warranty though). Deals are out there just have to look for them. It will be going on a 308 AR10 build that is rapidly coming to an end.

Now to find a deal on a Larue LT104 mount....

I just picked up a used like new vortex 6.5x20 for $300 (they have a no questions asked lifetime warranty though). Deals are out there just have to look for them. It will be going on a 308 AR10 build that is rapidly coming to an end.

Now to find a deal on a Larue LT104 mount....

Dang that's good. Was it local?

Well good news and bad news again...

Bad news my OD Glock order was cancelled.. (Annoyed don't even want to get into details)
So the good news is that I just placed the order for the scope and rings!!

alwaysonjohn, on 22 Apr 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:
Just some thoughts....
Look at getting an atlas bipod
For the comp also look at the JP Tactical Compensator. It makes my 308 feel like a .22. I believe you would need JPTRE-324. [/size]

http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.3_tre.php
Get a new trigger. I love my Jewell.
For the glass it depends on how much you want to spend... Low end BSA Tactical, middle vortex, high Nighthawk.
rings i recommend seekins precision but you need to know what tube your scope is (most people get scopes with 30mm tubes)
Don't get the 20MOA rail unless you don't have any rail now or you plan on some long range shooting otherwise it's an unnecessary cost.

You can check out my build that Middle TN Gunsmithing built and painted for me at http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/alwaysonjohn/slideshow/Rebel
Its a Defiance Machine Rebel Action (based of the 700), Defiance Machine 20 MOA Rail, Lilja 1:10 Twist barrel cut down to around 24" and fluted, JP Tactical Compensator, Manners T5A with Mini Chasis, Atlas Bi-Pod, Seekins Precision Rings, Vortex Scope (loaner for the pictures), jewell trigger, multi-cam cerakote with two-tone cerakote
483565_553177238042601_350066274_n.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you have in this build minus the scope and rings (but everything else)?

Thanks man. I plan on going to the Hobson pike range this evening.

We will have to meet up one of these days and put our rifles through their paces. 

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you have in this build minus the scope and rings (but everything else)?

• Defiance Machine Rebel Action (based of the 700) (1100)
  • Defiance Machine 20 MOA Rail (Included w/ action)
  • Lilja 1:10 Twist barrel with 4 button rifling cut down to around 24" $330
  • Manners T5A with Mini-Chasis, picatanny rail, and limbsaver $1141
  • Straight Flutes from Twisted Barrels $275
  • JP Tactical Compensator $100
  • Atlas Bi-Pod $280
  • Seekins Precision Rings $130
  • jewell trigger $225
  • multi-cam cerakote on stock with two-tone cerakote on action/barrel/bolt $330

So that's 3911 if i can add correctly plus you need someone to put it together, chamber the action, and bed it which cost around $700 if i remember correctly.  I used Middle TN Gunsmithing.

With future builds though, people are saving money with these cool looking stocks that don't have to be bedded (and they are still just as accurate) such as the AICS or TAC 21 etc.  Also, not fluting/threading a barrel will save a little cash, and the paint job would save money too, not mentioning i got a crazy thick barrel so in the future i will be getting something lighter.  I was initially going to polish it for a black and chrome look with skulls (aka the grim reaper), but i decided i needed a tactical rifle first and the chrome would be too much work to clean after each trip to the gun range.