What would you do? Resturant question??

Guest Natosha

Contact your state reps. We've got a good chance of passing CC in restaurants if you arent drinking with a ALL REPUBLICAN state legislature (i like saying that).

Carry pepper spray at a minimum (you need a less than lethal force option anyway). That 2k# thing that works with your car key is a GREAT weapon, properly applied.

Also, you should have dialed 911 and let the cops hassle the guy that eyeballing you. If he was legit, then no harm.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, if you are not consuming alchohol the law should not apply to you in resturants, to me that is like telling a customer not to briing their child in because they are under 18, you dont see them doing that, resturants are not bars most people dont even consume alchohol there. so the old saying goes what they dont know wont hurt them.

Actually, I was at Bennigan's once with my daughter still in a baby carrier. My wife and I went to sit up in the bar area because it was crowded. The bartender told me I would have to get my child out there because they were under 18. I stated this was ridiculous but did so any way.

I really like Buk's Kel Tec 380 too. Very flat and unnoticeable in a pocket. In fact, I'm going to start carrying it, when I run after dark. I'm going to get one of those cooling 511 tactical shirts to carry it with.

Always remember, forgiveness is easier gotten than permission.

• 1 month later...
Mrs. S- I was just telling mom yesterday that I will be putting my gun in a new place if I can't carry it in. That way if I don't have it with me and a situation like that occurs again I can just have it right there near the babies seat. I am so new to carry that I have just started feeling comfortable with it on me.

That’s what I was thinking as I read your story. Attach a holster to the bottom of the car seat. :D

I refuse to violate the carry laws. Therefore if I don’t feel comfortable with not carrying I would go somewhere else.

Well… there’s that and then there’s the fact that if they serve drinks; I’m drinking. :koolaid:

Guest HexHead
Actually, I was at Bennigan's once with my daughter still in a baby carrier. My wife and I went to sit up in the bar area because it was crowded. The bartender told me I would have to get my child out there because they were under 18. I stated this was ridiculous but did so any way.

Good for him. Nothing worse than going out to eat and having to sit next to a table with high chairs. At least they are letting their bar be a sanctuary. I wish more restaurants did that.

Toddlers in restaurants are like time bombs just waiting to go off and ruin everyone else's evening.

Good for him. Nothing worse than going out to eat and having to sit next to a table with high chairs. At least they are letting their bar be a sanctuary. I wish more restaurants did that.

Toddlers in restaurants are like time bombs just waiting to go off and ruin everyone else's evening.

Only if they are not properly brought up. I raised my kids and never once had to "correct" them in public. They knew if they acted up I would remain calm, take them home and take my belt to the seat of the problem. I have 2 wonderful grand children they also will not act up in public (in my presence anyway). When my oldest grand daughter was 4 or 5 (the worst "I WAnt" age) I could go into any store and she would stay right with me and if she found something she wanted she would bring it to me and ask if she could have it. If I told her no, then she put it back on the shelf and that was the end of it.

So "all" toddlers are not the same. remember that next time you are out and you see one actually behaving.

Dralarms said

and if she found something she wanted she would bring it to me and ask if she could have it. If I told her no, then she put it back on the shelf and that was the end of it.

The key part of that being "If I told her no". LOL I got grandkids and I know all about how that works. NO, like I am going to tell them no.

Guest canynracer

so are grouchy old folks. :) :)

I am raising my children well. I am very strict, and they are well behaved (for the most part), but kids cry, I am sure you did at that age. and Parents should be able to go out to eat,

now, the other side, if the kid is going ape sh**, and the parents are just sitting there doing nothing...you have a point.

Guest eyebedam

My kids know if they act up in a restaurant that I will get up immediatly & we will leave. I dont put up with that. Theres only been 1 time Ive been out to eat & a couple let their kid flip out so bad I wanted to say something. They were right behind us for about 20 minutes & there little brat screamed at thetop of there lungs for the entire time. I finally got up & left. The manger stopped me & I told him I couldnt take it any longer. It was so hard to bite my toungue & not ask them people what the Heck was wrong with them.

Eh. Yeah. I'm in the same boat as you.

so are grouchy old folks. :screwy::death:

I am raising my children well. I am very strict, and they are well behaved (for the most part), but kids cry, I am sure you did at that age. and Parents should be able to go out to eat,

now, the other side, if the kid is going ape sh**, and the parents are just sitting there doing nothing...you have a point.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X3sZ7LM8GE&feature=PlayList&p=33B3A4FFB3B276AA&index=14[/ame]

Guest HexHead
Only if they are not properly brought up. I raised my kids and never once had to "correct" them in public. They knew if they acted up I would remain calm, take them home and take my belt to the seat of the problem. I have 2 wonderful grand children they also will not act up in public (in my presence anyway). When my oldest grand daughter was 4 or 5 (the worst "I WAnt" age) I could go into any store and she would stay right with me and if she found something she wanted she would bring it to me and ask if she could have it. If I told her no, then she put it back on the shelf and that was the end of it.

So "all" toddlers are not the same. remember that next time you are out and you see one actually behaving.

Problem is you have no way of knowing just walking in if the kids are going to be fussy or not. There are just too many parents that either don't care or don't realize their little darlings could be ruining a night out for a couple a few tables over. My kids were well behaved when they were small, but if they got too fussy my wife would take them out of the restaurant so not to disturb anyone. You just don't see that happening much anymore. Parenting attitudes are different now from 20 years ago.

I'd rather not risk having my meal ruined by screaming kids.