Exploding targets - yay!

Guest confidence

I have recently acquired some of the instant cold packs and some AL powder. Planning on making my own next time I go shooting. Got the cold packs at Aldi for 2 for $1 and figured I couldn't go wrong...  I'll let you all know how it goes

I have recently acquired some of the instant cold packs and some AL powder. Planning on making my own next time I go shooting. Got the cold packs at Aldi for 2 for $1 and figured I couldn't go wrong...  I'll let you all know how it goes

Some of the cold packs have a different compound that won't go boom. Just make sure it says "contains ammonium nitrate."
Guest RedLights&Sirens

I wonder if you could make tiny targets that you could put in a skeet thrower and launch? Will a shotgun even make this stuff ignite?

Just thinking outside the box here haha.

I love that scene in "Three Kings" where they are skeet shooting Nerf footballs from a Humvee.

*Explosion*

"What was that?"

"Rigged a football with C4 sir!"
Guest confidence

Won't explode. Not enough energy, similar to pistol and .22 ammo. Has to be high velocity.

BTW, they do sell separate stuff for low-velocity/22 rifles...

Guest Keal G Seo

I wonder if you could make tiny targets that you could put in a skeet thrower and launch? Will a shotgun even make this stuff ignite?

Just thinking outside the box here haha.

Won't explode. Not enough energy, similar to pistol and .22 ammo. Has to be high velocity.

Actually there is a binary out now that will react to .22! I assume if you used it in apple bags (drug dealer bags) and just duct taped them to the underside of a clay pigeon they would work...***BUT*** because they are low velocity I would be hesitant about the G forces it would endure on launch. Maybe test it on a cheap trap you don't mind having some minor damage to and defiantly DON'T try it with a hand launcher.

The low velocity stuff I have heard about is called 22 Thunder exploding targets but am sure there is more than one manufacturer. Oh Iraqveteran8888 had a vid up about one called Goliath that actually comes with the apple bags and some paper triangle targets.

One more thing and to the OP: Remember these are legal as they are sold. Legal to mix and shoot. But do not mix and transport them. Not only is it dangerous but on the slim chance they are found by knowledgeable LEO, it is considered transporting an explosive (after it is mixed) and is illegal.

Edited by Keal G Seo

It is good to see I am not the only one that thinks more is better. I started with a two pound charge, but my last one was ten pounds. I think when I got to about 6 pounds is when my neighbors started calling and asking if I was okay. They hear me shoot a lot so they didn't call they law, or not that I am aware of. 

Fun stuff!

Guest confidence

It is good to see I am not the only one that thinks more is better. I started with a two pound charge, but my last one was ten pounds. I think when I got to about 6 pounds is when my neighbors started calling and asking if I was okay. They hear me shoot a lot so they didn't call they law, or not that I am aware of. 

Fun stuff!

:cheers: