West vs East TN.

EMTRN

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I am sickened by the amount of good gun deals in East TN. I hardly ever see any good deals around Memphis. I was just reading the thread about the guy trying to sell the 92fs in Memphis and being offered 300 dollars. I'm sure it would have been placed in the case for 600. Maybe we could talk Joe into opening a Hero-Gear West! Has anyone else noticed the good deals on here seem to be in East TN 75% of the time?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Revelator

I don't know if gun prices are better there than here. I think you'll find good and bad deals anywhere you go if you look hard enough. Gun-wise, I don't envy the East that much except possibly in one area: places to shoot. It seems like they have better/more options for ranges than we do, but I'm saying that only because outside of pistol caliber we don't have a whole lot to choose from here in Memphis. Also, it seems like all TGO cool kids are in East & Middle TN.

Guest sysco462

I went to a store in Memphis(I will not say the name but for those West Tennesseans it is on Summer) I was treated like I was a piece of crap. They only offered $250 for my Beretta 92fs. I had another issue that turned me off to them. They lost a long time customer over an issue they could have resolved easily if they would have stuck to their word. I have yet to find a good place in W. TN to purchase a gun at a good price. By the way, where is Winchester, TN. Might need to make a road trip.

If you know where I can find good gun deals in ET please let me know. I can't speak for whole region but in Knoxville you pay what they ask. The FEW shops in my area have mediocre selection and high prices. Maybe my negotation skills are sliding but the store front shops around here are selective on what's high and what's not, who gets a deal and who doesn't.

Of course I do like to see what I'm buying so selection is important to me. I like to shop around.

If I am mistaken all you ET fellas please let me know!

I went to a store in Memphis(I will not say the name but for those West Tennesseans it is on Summer) I was treated like I was a piece of crap. They only offered $250 for my Beretta 92fs. I had another issue that turned me off to them. They lost a long time customer over an issue they could have resolved easily if they would have stuck to their word. I have yet to find a good place in W. TN to purchase a gun at a good price. By the way, where is Winchester, TN. Might need to make a road trip.

Winchester is about half way between Nashville and Chattanooga.

I know what store you're talking about, and they pulled the same thing with me.

That store on Summer will pull the same thing with EVERYONE. Not to mention don't even try to "haggle" with them over the price. They aren't doing it and their prices are the highest in town. I will be making purchases from my local range. I will go to the other guys to "feel" and then go to the range owner and ask him to order it. Most of his come in with in a couple of days so unless you need it RIGHT NOW then it isn't a big deal.

Looks like soon I will be getting the pocket gun.

If you know where I can find good gun deals in ET please let me know. I can't speak for whole region but in Knoxville you pay what they ask. The FEW shops in my area have mediocre selection and high prices. Maybe my negotation skills are sliding but the store front shops around here are selective on what's high and what's not, who gets a deal and who doesn't.

Of course I do like to see what I'm buying so selection is important to me. I like to shop around.

If I am mistaken all you ET fellas please let me know!

Don't know where you're shopping but we've got crazy low prices, huge inventory and we match verified prices from local stores which might be lower, which isn't often.

Mars,

Your Georgia Bar-B-Que requires finding a guilty georgian and shooting him and slow cooking doesn't it:death:

Slow cooking for sure, I personally prefer non-human pigs but I wouldn't doubt that some of the places I've been to might not have had more interesting meat.

I have the not-so-secret barbecue sauce recipe from a couple of cousins who were in the business a bit south of Atlanta. We did full pit in the ground cooking at family reunions for years after they closed the business.

I also have a great hush puppy recipe too, but it seems to be somewhat defective. My puppies get noisier when I cook hush puppies. :popcorn:

I will go as far as to say that if the plateau defines east or west TN that East is still better. Especially as far as gun shops. Tri cities is full of good places to shop for firearms. And Knoxville has several really good places to buy from.

You all out west can have Nashville and Chattanooga, we don't want them. :eek: