A short story...

Thanks gents, I will try to keep it going as much as possible. I apologize about the prior lag time before, when I get in a slump and don't feel like writing I just can't do it and if I forced myself, I feel like I'd be doing a disservice to the readers. Bear with me as I trudge this bad boy out. :D

Brigsby began walking back to the main area of the station where he flagged down Wade who was talking to one of the people brought in from outside, Wade nodded and made his way towards him. The three men now quickly veered off down a different hallway that Jack wasn't familiar with, "Brigsby?" he asked with a worried tone, Wade responded in his place, "Just follow us, you'll get a kick out of it anyways." Jack followed Mike and Wade to the new area now with more curiosity than worry, the two approached an room that had a sign, 'Department Armory', it was the area of the department where all weapons the officers would use or need were stored. Wade asked a bit wearily, "Now Mike, we're not gonna get in trouble for this are we?", Mike smiled and inserted the key, before turning it, "If we do, we do but at this point this is one of those, 'in case of emergency, break glass' moments." Mike turned the key, and then opened the handle and the three stepped inside.

Inside were locked cages holding numerous weapons, pretty much all standard issue; several Glock 22's chambered in .40 Smith and Wesson, assorted variants of the AR-15, some riot guns mixed up of Mossberg 590's and Remington 870's two of the 870's being SBS's(Short Barreled Shotguns), and not many sniper rifles consisting of 2 Remington 700's, a Winchester Model 70 and one Armalite AR-15 setup as a designated SPR(Special Purpose Rifle)designed as a counter-sniper weapon. There were other weapons in the S.W.A.T. lockers but only the Captain, lead S.W.A.T. and the Armorer have access to them. Another locker contained the ammunition they needed for any of the corresponding weapons. Jack looked to Mike and asked, "Are you planning on arming any of the civilians." Wade immediately responded, "NO WAY MAN! None of those guys would even know how to use one!" The comment hit home for Jack because he is a civilian like them with no formal Military or Police training, "I just so happen to be one of those civvies, BOY!" Wade cracked a smile, "I'm sorry, I forgot we had Rambo over here." Mike interupted Jack before he could say anything, "Enough Wade, judging from the way he's handled himself so far, he has ALOT more training than you, besides we have bigger fish to fry." Little did Wade know that Jack had attended several schools of instruction including Suarez Intl., Thunder Ranch, and Tactical Response involving the tactical combat carbine, shotgun, pistol, combat medic, and precision rifle totaling a little over 368 hours of instructional time to try to fill the void that his friends, being former military, had created with their incredible training and actual combat experience. Jack smiled at Wade who was now fuming over being called out on his provication.

Mike looked at the weapons with a worried look, "If it comes down to it, we'll need to arm them so they can protect themselves but not until they absolutely need to do so. There's only three of us here who have official training. We'll wait until we absolutely have to." Wade was awe struck by that statement, "Are you serious Mike? You could be fired, even thrown away for that!" Mike didn't raise his voice as he calmly replied, "You think I haven't thought about that? This just goes to show how grave the situation really is." Mike grabbed a Colt LE6940 off the rack and inserted an empty magazine slapping the bottom to ensure that it was seated, "Well, let's get to work gents."

Edited by whitewolf001
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Aaron was running, through the yard of a house close to where he crashed the ambulance, at the fastest he could possibly move. The man was scared out of his mind in fear of losing his life. Following behind him at a pace that wasn't quite running nor walking either and in an almost stumbling fashion like that of a drunk, was his coworker. She was locked onto his back, following it like an FIM-92 Stinger missile. He began cursing himself, "@#$%, why didn't I stay with that cop?! God help me!!!!!" The scared man jumped a wooden fence, grabbing the top of it trying to pull himself over, as his chest began to clear the fence, his pursuer latched onto his leg sinking her teeth into his calf muscle. The average human has a bite pressure of 175 psi and this creatures biting power being far beyond that, rendered Aarons dickies pants like water and toliet paper. The man screamed and began shaking his leg violently trying to get his attacker to let loose but she did no such thing. Just as she began to go for a second helping he was able to use the opposite leg to kick the girl in the forehead sending her back and thus losing her grip on his now bitten leg.

Aaron used every bit of force that he could to pull himself over and came tumbling to the ground in a heap. When he landed, he felt what was akin to being punched in the neck. He grabbed his neck and looked at his hand, in the poor light he could see that there was a little blood on his hand but not much, just enough to match that of a nose bleed. He was confused, "What the Hell?" The pain on his leg made the pain in his neck seem like nothing. He sat up and then heard a sound which wasn't familiar to him, like that of a cicada in summer or a babies rattle. He looked to where the sound was coming from and drew his pen light from his cargo pocket, coiled there was a Timber Rattlesnake slithering away from him at a good speed. He groaned to himself, "Awh @#$%, can my day get any worse?" Sudden pounding on the wood scared the man to his feet where he then without realizing it put weight onto his leg that had been bitten, he screamed and began to hop like that of a wounded deer, trying to escape the pit of Hell he was surrounded by at the moment. He said to himself, "I'm not dying in this hell-hole!" He limped towards the yard of the house activating a motion sensor light on the porch, when it lit up Aaron recoiled in horror, an elderly man was there staring at him through the glass with a blank look about him; he then thrusted himself at the glass and began to claw at it in a slow but purposeful manner. Aaron fell onto his bottom, feeling as though he was cornered from all sides he sat there with his head between his legs, his neck now throbbing along with his leg. Aaron began to pray though he was an Atheist at this point he was willing to seek help from anyone, then he heard what sounded like an airgun and a sudden thump of a body on the otherside of the fence, "Is anybody alive over there?" Aaron thought at this point, 'If I make it through this I'm going to start going to church, I'll be a sonuvabitch if he wasn't listening!', he then spoke up, "Yeah, I'm here!" A man in full fatigues made his way over the fence, "Are you okay?", Jeb asked the man, "I've been bitten on my leg by the girl just shot and I've been bit on the neck by a rattlesnake!" Jeb chuckled, "Dude you are having one @#$% of a night but hang on a sec..." walking past the injured man, Jeb put the muzzle of his PS90 within inches of the plate glass door being careful to follow the mans head. Once Jeb believed he had an adequate bead on him he let go one whispered 5.7x28 round into the old mans head dropping him to the floor.

"Now then, where were we? Oh yeah, I was just about to tell you that you have two options. One is to turn into one of them." Aaron then had a horrified look that morphed his face into a panicked frenzy, "NO!!! Oh god no!" Jeb looked at him then with as serious as he could be, "The other choice is to die while your still human, I can help you with that but I won't do it unless you're absolutely sure." Aaron was about to respond when he began vomiting up blood, it was then he remembered how fast it had taken his coworker and killed her not five minutes away from truck accident she was bit at. He then realized no matter what happened, he was going to die tonight. Aaron looked to Jeb with a smile, "Well, I had a good run I guess." Jeb gave him a sullen smile, Aaron closed his eyes and began to whisper what he considered a prayer, Jeb then said, "Et Patris, Miserere mihi quid faciam. Amen.(And of the Father, have mercy on me, what I will do. Amen)" He then leveled the weapon to Aarons head and let loose a hushed round, Aarons body fell limp to the grass.

Edited by whitewolf001
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Jeb left the scene he had created behind to go back to his house, not even half a block away. Five minutes earlier, he had heard the ruckus from his garage while gathering his gear together, when he had heard the scream he knew that someone needed help. Jeb thought to himself, "Man, that sucks. We could've used his medical skills..." Jeb approached his garage only to notice the door ajar; this alarmed him as he had closed the door when he left and knew those things don't have reasoning to open a door. He silently made his way over to the side wall of the garage, only peering through the opening to see two men inside rummaging through his things. This new world was already starting to affect Jeb's reasoning and logic, thus when he saw the men, he just smiled, licking his lips in anticipation. Jeb lined up the factory FN Tritium sight and slowly squeezed the trigger of his PS90.

A barb zipped across the garage piercing one of the mens backs, slicing through his shirt, then making its way into his skin thus cutting its way through the mans spinal cord but not killing him. The other man spun around to see what had happened and just catch a silouette of human, without hesitating Jeb put a round through the startled mans throat. Jeb had actually meant to put the round in the back of his head but the robber reacted faster than Jeb had anticipated. The man was thrashing around on the floor clawing at his throat his body naturally reacting to being injured trying to remove the injury. Jeb now without remorse OR mercy put a round into the mans chest where his heart would be, "Bleed out you piece of @#$%." Jeb looked to the other man who was now trying to crawl away, Jeb looked to him saying, "It's useless, you know that right?" The man just kept crawling without saying a word, "I've shot you somewhere in between your L1 and L3 vertebrae, you're now paralyzed from the waist down." Jeb could hear the man panting heavily as he dragged himself across the garage.

Jeb now furious that he was being ignored by his invader, "LISTEN UP YOU @#$%TARD, YOUR ASS BELONGS TO ME NOW!!!" He reached down and grabbed the mans shoulder to spin him over so he could face him, the man cowared in fear, "Por favor, senhor! Não me mate, me desculpe!(Please, sir! Do not kill me, I'm sorry!)" This side of Jeb was the one side that Jack and Jeb had more than one run into on, and that was what infuriated Jeb all the more here, as he was somewhat of a bigot, especially towards those whom were illegals, "Speak english you damned MEXICAN!!!" The man had tears rolling down his face pleading to Jeb across the racial barrier but to no avail, Jebs patience had run dry after having to kill a perfectly able bodied medic and stumbling across these two men whom as far as Jeb was concerned, were "illegals", "Smile for the flash mother @#$%er." Jeb leveled the weapon to the mans head putting a round into his skull blowing out the backside of it all over his garage floor. Jeb began to breath heavily under a cold sweat, he then vomited next to the dead Brazilians body. He thought to himself, 'And here I thought it was getting easier. Looks like I'm still somewhat human afterall.'

Edited by whitewolf001
  • Like 1

Jeb was about to move the bodies when he heard something behind him he spun around to see a silouette but could make out the muzzle pointed at him. Jeb slowly let go of his PS90 letting the sling catch the weapon then raising his hands to the air, being as calm and collected as he could after having just vomited and shot two men, "Now I don't know who you are but these men invaded my house and..." before Jeb could finish a weapon mounted light came on immediately blinding Jeb forcing him to throw his hand up in defense of his eyes, his interrogater asked, "Jeb?" This caught him off guard since this man who not five seconds ago he thought could've killed him, "Who are you??!!"

The light immediately turned off, the man then stepped to where the street light could catch his face revealing his idenity, "Sorry man, to be honest I thought that was you on the floor." Jebs eyes readjusting back to the darkness then began to take into focus of the man, "Oh HELL, Tay!!!" The idenity of his would be attacker was Taygan or Tay for short, he had been friends with Jeb for years and was formerly of the U.S. Army, his unit was the 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment or otherwise known as Delta. His experiences and training led to him more or less founding their MAG. As of a few moments ago Jeb, unbeknownst to him, was staring down the muzzle of a FN SCAR 17S while on Tays hip sat his Kimber 1911 Eclipse II. The two gave the traditional fist bump, Jeb then said while chuckling, "I swear man, I thought you were about to kill me!" Tay gave a bit of a shrug, "Well, for all intents and purposes I WAS going to kill you." Jeb then said, "Well I'm glad you decide to take that alternate route..." Tay reached for his forehead turning on a headlamp then looking at one of the bodies, "So you wanna explain the Hell happened here?" Jeb cocked his head to the side towards one of the bodies, "One word: looters." This surprised Tay a little bit, "Looters? Already?" Jeb then said as of matterfactly, "Well, I recognized one of them, he lives not three houses down and has always given me funny looks when I load up a vehicle to go to the range. I'd be willing to bet they were looking for my guns." Tay looked at them, "Well damn, sucks to be them."

Edited by whitewolf001
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Jeb  realized that Tay's wife wasn't with him and then feared the worst for her, "Where's Sarah at?" Jeb asked with a concerned look. Tay had a look of grimace, then looked to the ground, "She's..." Jeb looked to him, "I'm so sorry man." A woman walked through the door, "Are you guys talking about me?" Jeb looked up in amazement, then with a piercing stare looked to Tay, "You @#$%ing @#$%head!!!" Tay then began to laugh, "Sorry, couldn't help but @#$% with ya!" Tay smiled at Jeb, but then with a serious look on his face now gazing at Sarah said, "Wait here with Jeb, I'm going to get the truck." Tay then stepped outside under the yellow-orange glow of the street lamp, disappearing from the other twos sight, "Did you guys manage your way over here okay?" Sarah smiled, "Yeah, but we found out what was going on when we hit someone on the way over." Jeb was confused, she then explained how they had hit someone in their truck, when Tay investigated the body it was still "alive" but had wounds previous to the accident. She said that she had never seen him like that and that his exact words were, "I've seen some crazy @#$% in my time but this takes the damned bakery." She told Jeb how the body looked as if it was trying to bite Tay and how Tay without hesitating put two rounds into the poor souls chest but did not kill it. She then described how he fired another round from his suppressed Kimber into the skull of the creature putting it down for good.

Jeb then asked her, "That must've royally screwed his Chevy up from hitting it." She then laughed, "Actually it didn't do a thing" Before Jeb could ask why, he then heard an extremely high pitched whistle accompanied by a deep throated rumble. Jeb stepped outside the garage to see what it was, rolling up to his house was a M35A2 "Deuce and a half". Jeb looked at Sarah with an extremely surprised and shocked look, she responded, "We just got it today, we were going to show you tomorrow morning." She smiled then added, "This is the MAG's BOV, Taygan got it today actually from a fellow in Lexington." Jeb was in pure awe, "This must be what they describe as 'star-struck'."

Edited by whitewolf001
  • Like 2

Thanks a bunch SDFD, it's fellers like you that chime in that motivate me to pick it back up. Also bear with me if I use an incorrect term, I try to use the available interwebs as best as I can so that I use proper terminology and what not. Some of the ideas come to me on the fly so if any of you see any errors please feel free to let me know so that I may correct them.

Edited by whitewolf001

Echoing throughout the halls of the police station were the sounds of clattering metal. The cell contained now a beast which was trying its hardest to reach for its prey on the otherside. It saw them standing there, succulent living flesh just ripe for the taking, no one running as they were dumbfounded by the voracity of the animal in human form reaching, clasping, and gnawing only to taste the bitter sweet air which carried the aroma of living meat. The creature knew only one thing which was an insatiable hunger only quenched by the tissue of the living which was comparable to one word in the english language: Gluttony; for Gluttony is one of the seven cardinal and deadly sins of Christian religions everywhere and should be abhorred and villianized but yet, this monster embraces it and yearns for it.

End of Chapter 2

Edited by whitewolf001
  • Like 1

Sorry for the wait as I can only write at work during my down time, my computer at home crapped out about 3 months ago and haven't had the money to get it fixed, lol. Thanks to all for the support!!! I'm gonna do my best to keep getting my mind to paper! :woohoo:

WW I can't take the suspense anymore I need this I hate reading but I have read this twice and am ready for more

Lol, I appreciate it. I'll try to get more as soon as possible. ;)

ww, can we bribe you? How about everyone reading this will send you 1 22LR round for each page you give us???? Put this in a book and sell it man good reading!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I don't mind, lol. Seriously I am waiting for the views to hit 2k, when it does I'm going to start writing hardcore and then once I have a solid manuscript submit it to numerous publishers.

Chapter 3

One week later...

The rain came down, it had rained the entire week but on this day it was as if the skies opened up to pour out all they had almost in an attempt to wash away this filth, this blight against nature. The streets were soaked and every so often a couple of bodies would be strewn about where some altercation had taken place. Jack was running trying to keep a solid pace as to not wear himself out but put some distance between him and his pursuers. He would glance over his shoulder every once in a while to look back, only to see a mob of monsters in chase after a bait named Jack. He might create distance but the predators never gave up, they never quit, they just kept moving towards where the sight of a fresh meal was. Thoughts then crept into Jacks subconscious...

One week earlier...

The police station had now been turned into somewhat of a rescue center. Jack helped the officers and Shirley retrieve supplies for everyone that needed anything, wool blankets, what bits of food were around, water, and several other things that people requested they tried to help and fulfill. Jack after helping for about twenty minutes realized one key factor, he still had yet to make contact with either of his sisters, one of whom was wheel chair bound. He began to panic as grusome thoughts crawled through his mind terrorizing him, tormenting him, with the one thought piercing through that stabbed him at his core, 'You've forgotten your own flesh and blood.' He immediately walked over to where Brigsby was, almost on the verge of tears, "Mike, I have to go. My sisters are at home, I have to go get them. NOW!" 

Edited by whitewolf001