Sittin' on the front porch.in the thunderstorm

I did that just the other day.Although I napped during the entire time it rained,I did enjoy the animals waking me up afterwards!

Song birds really woke me,but the baby chipmunks kept me awake.Even the wabbits,and squires came out to play after the rain.

You can tell if I'm in a peaceful spot if I watch the squires nibbling wet nuts,and not blowing their wee wittle wheads woff!

I haven't slept that good in years.Makes me wish I could sit on the porch every night with a cool breezy rain storm :puke:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, another good day. Thunderstorm is happening now. Went out on the porch and watched the rain with a beer and stogie. Since the thunder wasn't too bad, even the poodle came out with me.

Got the urge to pee off the porch - so I did. I just wish my neighbor would come out so I'd have something to shoot at. :D

Guest db99wj
Ah, another good day. Thunderstorm is happening now. Went out on the porch and watched the rain with a beer and stogie. Since the thunder wasn't too bad, even the poodle came out with me.

Got the urge to pee off the porch - so I did. I just wish my neighbor would come out so I'd have something to shoot at. :D

I woke up this morning to the gentle rumbles of thunder, as I layed there, the thunder would rumble louder and louder and then it passed and I could hear it rumble away. Very nice way to wake up.

we have not had anything resembling a storm or rain in a long time.

if I smoked a cigar and flipped ashes onto the lawn it would burst into flames.

The woods around the house are starting to toss in the towel as well. Getting shriveled up in appearance. I think it is worse than last year.

The woods around the house are starting to toss in the towel as well. Getting shriveled up in appearance. I think it is worse than last year.

You need better woods. :rolleyes:

Mine did fine even when the creek dried up last year. So far...so good.

The lawn is OK. Not that dry. I got the important part mowed yesterday before my expensive Personal-Pace Toro suffered yet another deck failure. Not sure if I have enough band-aids to fix it any more.

Looks like the storm are over. Not bad, but not great as storms go. Well...beer works OK with a lap full of dogs on the couch too. Cigars are reserved for the porch.

Glad I didn't plant a garden this year, I'd have been forever watering it... The only tree of mine that is hurting is the willow, probably going to have to do surgery on it soon, and maybe install a soaker hose around it.

^^^ me to i killed myself last year and the heat and dry eventually still got the better of both of us .:screwy:

Guest db99wj

I'm fighting that battle and we are pretty good on rainfall. My pumpkins grew like crazy at first, they have some disease, yellowish white spots, my cucumbers have produced only a few cucumbers, my tomato's are doing ok, the tomatos are big and tasty, well except for the cherry, grape and the patio plant I planted and they are small and tasty. My squash is well, I have a lot of male flowers, but no female flowers, so no pollination, so no veggie. My plat is at ground level so I think that is part of the problem. I am going to build a box around the perimiter and raise the level up about 12". Might start a compost pile, my neihbors aught to love that. I don't reallly care.

Looks like the Knoxville shoot is about to get wet. Maybe in a couple of hours we'll get rain here.

Beer is in stock again and I have one cigar left.

Come on storm, it's a good day to die. :tough:

Well, it's a good day to have boiled shrimp with a drink anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Used to love to sit out and watch thunderstorms. February 6, 2008, Lafayette, Macon County, 2230 hours. Tornado took our house from over our heads and buried us in the rubble. Totally wasted five neighborhoods, destroyed 50+ homes. After digging out I have lost a lot of my innocence about thunderstorms. I now watch weather on TV. It was Channel 5 that saved our bacon, warned us in time to get into closet which was the only thing not sucked up into funnel. Bravado and bravery are not even spelled the same! Mother nature can kick your a-- in a moments notice. I am much more fond of clear skies these days.

I have one of the weather radios that you can program to just get weather warnings in your area. I mostly use it as a cigar alert. We have very few tornadoes in our area.

We haven't had even a shower in a couple of weeks. Finally a 50% chance this afternoon.

You need better woods. :D

Mine did fine even when the creek dried up last year. So far...so good.

The lawn is OK. Not that dry. I got the important part mowed yesterday before my expensive Personal-Pace Toro suffered yet another deck failure. Not sure if I have enough band-aids to fix it any more.

Looks like the storm are over. Not bad, but not great as storms go. Well...beer works OK with a lap full of dogs on the couch too. Cigars are reserved for the porch.

OK!!!

Had a minor shower earlier that allowed a cigar and beer on the porch, but no thunderstorm.

But...right now the storms are forming on top of us and thunder is all around. Looks like a good evening. :P

Looks like the Knoxville shoot is about to get wet. Maybe in a couple of hours we'll get rain here.

Beer is in stock again and I have one cigar left.

Come on storm, it's a good day to die. :up:

Well, it's a good day to have boiled shrimp with a drink anyway.

Mars,

I really wanna hang out with you sometime! :tough:

I was just thinking about some shrimp....

You'd probably enjoy hanging out when I'm at home. Some places I visit might be more entertaining but less friendly. ;)

Shrimp sounds good! Hey I'm game for whatever lol Shrimp on the porch or ammo in the jungle! Either is an interesting afternoon

Memphrica? :up:

LOL yea Mars and I can roll thru Orange Mound:taser: