buying a house

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I suggest you pay particular attention to the lay of the land around the house. I'm sick of dealing with people who built or bought a house in a hole, and for some reason, believe I am responsible for water running downhill when they flood. I'm not insulting your intelligence, but I am amazed at the otherwise bright people who overlook this important feature.

I am in the process of buying a house.  I have a contract, and go for the home inspection tomorrow.  I then have to shop for the loan.  Please forgive me for crapping all in your thread David, but does anyone know or can recommend a good reputable lender that has fantastic rates?  My credit score is >800 and I will be putting down at least 20 and up to 40% down (haven't made up my mind yet).

Edited by mav

I am in the process of buying a house.  I have a contract, and go for the home inspection tomorrow.  I then have to shop for the loan.  Please forgive me for crapping all in your thread David, but does anyone know or can recommend a good reputable lender that has fantastic rates?  My credit score is >800 and I will be putting down at least 20 and up to 40% down (haven't made up my mind yet).

Start where you do your banking.
[quote name="mav" post="962577" timestamp="1367373299"]I am in the process of buying a house. I have a contract, and go for the home inspection tomorrow. I then have to shop for the loan. Please forgive me for crapping all in your thread David, but does anyone know or can recommend a good reputable lender that has fantastic rates? My credit score is >800 and I will be putting down at least 20 and up to 40% down (haven't made up my mind yet).
[/quote]

I recently purchased a house. I got quotes from 4 lenders, and Tim Linville with F&M Bank in Mt. Juliet got us the best deal. He made the process as effortless as possible. Edited by TripleDigitRide

the agent with this house ask me if i was preaproved i said no

then she ask me about credit i said i dont know

then she said i cant help you with this because you havent been aproved for this house

i left i tried to tell her i would pay cash but she wouldnt let me get a word in

it really p---- me off because someone else bought the house 2 days later

the agent with this house ask me if i was preaproved i said no

then she ask me about credit i said i dont know

then she said i cant help you with this because you havent been aproved for this house

i left i tried to tell her i would pay cash but she wouldnt let me get a word in

it really p---- me off because someone else bought the house 2 days later

That sucks.  That was really stupid on her part. 

That is great though you can pay for it up front.  I wanted to do that, but I kept being drawn to houses that cost more than what I had in the bank.  I finally told myself that rates weren't going to get any cheaper, so I might as well go ahead.

That sucks.  That was really stupid on her part. 

That is great though you can pay for it up front.  I wanted to do that, but I kept being drawn to houses that cost more than what I had in the bank.  I finally told myself that rates weren't going to get any cheaper, so I might as well go ahead.

but i am old and i am going to spend it all

• Like 1
Not sure where you are looking to buy, but would be more than happy to help out if I can. We focus on Wilson county but have done deals all over Middle Tn. ... and we do return calls promptly. I'll pm you my email.

IF you're outside the city limits check with Farm Credit Services. They are usually very competitive and THE lowest fee scale out there.

Start where you do your banking.

I definitely agree with this. We do all of our banking with the local hometown bank (TNBank). I own several rental properties, and we have financed all of them, plus our residence through our bank. It makes it very easy, since they already know all of my bank account info. When it comes time to close, they write a bank check against my account and bring it to closing. I never have to do a thing. They are very competitive as far as rates go, and they all know me by name. In fact I called my mortgage person the other day on her cell phone, and she answered "Good morning David", since she recognized my number.

I am in the process of buying a house. I have a contract, and go for the home inspection tomorrow. I then have to shop for the loan. Please forgive me for crapping all in your thread David, but does anyone know or can recommend a good reputable lender that has fantastic rates? My credit score is >800 and I will be putting down at least 20 and up to 40% down (haven't made up my mind yet).

Find someone that does in-house underwriting, we just bought last month and this was our biggest complaint... Will never use a company again if they do not do their own underwriting
  • Administrator

David, the agent we are using is a gun owner and would be glad to return your calls and won't be scared off by someone paying cash.  Let me know if I can put you in touch with her.  She's tops.