talk me out of buying a glock!

Guest NormShaver

Guest NormShaver

i am planning on purchasing a g17 in the next couple of days, just as a range gun. I have no plans of carrying it as a defense weapon. I am having a hard time getting in, i have held it in my hands several times but have not got it yet? I have never owed a glock, i am more of a full metal kinda guy (1911's) but i have some what bought into the glock hype. So i am asking you to either sell me on the glock, or to shame me away. i am sure this will come up so i will go ahead and answer it, i have shoot het and held it and really like the way it fits in my hand. thanks for any help the other range gun i am looking at is a baby eagle in 9mm.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest readyornot

I actually like Glocks for one simple reason...they work and they work well with minimal or even no maintenance. I have multiple guns of all shapes, calibers and finishes. Most of them sit in my safe for weeks at a time. The Glocks however, get shot all the time. They're ugly to begin with so you don't worry about having to keep them looking good. If you are looking for a great range gun there is no better choice in my opinion. Range guns are about functionality and practice without worry for anything else.

Guest NormShaver

i had looked into these i really wanted to like them,but i couldn't for whatever reason. i don't know if it was the DA/SA or what but i couldn't shoot it very well either. It is really between a g17 or a baby eagle.

Guest NormShaver
If you have the disposable income and it won't be a carry gun why not?

you are right maybe i have the early stages of buyers remorse

Guest Fltargetmaster

Now it all sorta depends on how it shoots in your hand. I do quite well with a Sig 226 and 239 but can't quite handle the awkward cant for me of a glock. If you haven't tried the usual variety of handguns...Sigs, Beretta, CZ etc I wouldn't buy a Glock unless it were for $19.95. I had one and I got rid of it.

If you are second guessing you purchase already do not buy. I had buyers remorse right after I got a new gun and lucky for me was able to take it back minus a restocking fee that I asked to pay for me taking up their time!

I really wanted the gun but because I have no safe to put it in right now and I have a 5 year old I had to change my mind. Safety First!

Guest 5Legion

Everyone needs a Glock! I have a standard G17 and will never sell it. It's not my favorite pistol nor the "puridest" ... but it is the most reliable and is my home defense gun with a surfire.

Guest sling

Eh. Had one. Carried it. Shot it at the range. Didnt care for it. Sure their reliable. But, so is pretty much every modern day gun unless you just happened to get a lemon.

Grab a Sig or an HK if you have the money. They'll last longer than the ugly plastic Gaston thing and their inheriantly more appropriate for a range gun. You are shooting for accuracy right? I really woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning... :D:eek:

Edited by sling

If you end up not liking it, it won't be much of a loss... there's always somebody willing to buy a used Glock.

This is of course assuming that you have at least shot a Glock before, and know that you don't hate them. If you haven't fired one, you would be well advised to go rent one beforehand... you'll either love it or hate it.

Guest Brian@GunDepot

I'm personally not a Glock fan, but they make a great firearm.

Out of your two choices, the Baby Eagle hands down for me. I have one in .40 that I'll never part with. You might check out the Sig Sauer P250 as well.

Guest ColdEspresso

You should be able to find one at a range that you can shoot before you buy. I have a g19 and love it but I prefer to shoot my 92FS at the range.

i am planning on purchasing a g17 in the next couple of days, just as a range gun. I have no plans of carrying it as a defense weapon. I am having a hard time getting in, i have held it in my hands several times but have not got it yet? I have never owed a glock, i am more of a full metal kinda guy (1911's) but i have some what bought into the glock hype. So i am asking you to either sell me on the glock, or to shame me away. i am sure this will come up so i will go ahead and answer it, i have shoot het and held it and really like the way it fits in my hand. thanks for any help the other range gun i am looking at is a baby eagle in 9mm.

You looking for a baby eagle 9mm all steel or polymer?

Guest GLOCKGUY
I love my Glock, but the perfect "Range" 9mm is going to be the Sig 226. You simply cant get any better then that. Period!

And after you get done shooting your Sig you can take it home and use it for a weight and work out with it :eek: J/K 14104_nsb_1.gif