deer antlers for knife handles

Is it legal to sell deer antlers in TN? I'm going through 'stuff' in my garage and have like 40 years worth of deer antlers, both from deer I've killed and some sheds too. The bigger racks I've hung up, but have lots of dinky racks, fork horns that I need to do something with. I've seen them on eBay, but not sure of legality of selling on internet. Thought I'd make contact with a knifemaker maybe in Tn.

• Like 1

They are legal to sell in TN as long as they are not velvet. (TN law 1660-01-17-.01)

I have bought and sold a few myself.  I could use a few now if you wanna hook me up...

Edited by UncleJak
  • Like 2
I know a guy that buys and sells antlers by the truckload. I also had someone ask me where they could find some antler at a good price on Facebook. I passed my friend's number along, but I don't know what they feel is a "good" price. If you'd like I could pass some info of yours along. I believe they lived in the Kodak area..... There may be some shipping involved....

Based on what a local pet store charges for deer antler (chew toy for dogs), them things ain't cheap.

Well, you're right, they're not cheap. A., you can seach in springtime for dropped sheds, the proverbial needle in a haystack, (how valuable is your time?) or B., buy a deer tag, go hunting, spend a gazillion dollars and hope to bag a buck. At least you can do something with them in TN. In KY, you can't sell any part of any game animal, including sheds or even old deer head mounts, and that sh#t just ain't right :pleased:

• 3 years later...