Targets You Can Download And Print Off

• Administrator

Boomhower found a page at the GlockFAQ that has a collection of targets that you can download and print off on your computer. These are all Adobe PDF files so you will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader program to view and print them.

TARGETS: http://glockfaq.com/targets.htm

In the past, I have used some of these and just glued them to larger pieces of cardboard to give them some rigidity. This makes it easier to run them down indoor range target trollies and makes them more resistant to flapping around in the wind outdoors.

Thanks for the link, Boomhower! :up:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Here's a target I created a couple of months ago to help me get a scope sighted in. It's worked out pretty well. I used the smaller diamonds for 25 yard work, then the larger is good for moving on out to 100. If you're careful and place your target level the scope cross hairs mate up with the target and help make consistent shots.

http://renttoownanswers.com/11x17_target.pdf

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

I printed this one. http://www.targetz.com/targetzlib/10141.pdf

I carried the copy to work and printed off 100 from the copy machine on 8 1/2 X 11" white paper. I color the center with a red sharpie using a 3/4" washer as a guide. 

I carried a friend to the range and we shared a booth. Only one target paper per lane.  Back to the copy machine to put 2 of these targets on a 11 X 14" sheet and printed 100.

My grandson is in high school ROTC and they shoot air rifles at this target. http://www.mytargets.com/target22 circles x20.pdf

So that they will be no difference of the target I printed and copied 100 for him to use at home.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Administrator

Three-Dot Drills

These are insidious.  A friend brought these to a team range session a few months ago the group competed against each other for high score.  It's more challenging than it looks.  😈

Here's how it works:

• The dots are the size of a bullet hole of the indicated caliber.
  • The white space in the center of the dots is also the size of a bullet hole of the indicated caliber.
  • Aim for the white space in the middle of each set of three dots.

Scoring:

1. Your bullet hole touches all three dots = 4 points
  2. Your bullet hole touches any two dots = 2 points
  3. Your bullet hole touches any one dot = 1 point
  4. Shoot all of the sets and tally up the score.   Max score is 40-points.

3Dots Drill - 9mm.pdf

3Dots Drill - 40.40.pdf 3Dots Drill - 45.45.pdf

1 hour ago, TGO David said:

Re-Factor Tactical's Brain Box / Kill Zone Target

This may trigger some folks, but the fastest way to end a gunfight is to accurately and quickly produce fatal trauma in the central nervous system.  This target will hone your ability to do that.

Printable_Targets_KillZone.pdf 302.32 kB · 3 downloads

Nice target!  Your comments about triggering reminds me of when I was stationed in the UK back in the 70s-80s. Being at the time a pretty much disarmed society, they were very sensitive about us carrying firearms in their country.  Before using a firearm, we were required by the Status Of Forces Agreement (SOFA) between the US and England to recite what we called the UK challenge before using deadly force.  It was:  "Halt.  Halt. Halt or I will fire!, We were supposed to recite that 3 times before firing.  Yeah, unbelievable I know.  When NATO and English officials asked us, wed happily recite the challenge.  Luckily, we never had the actual need to shoot anyone, but amongst ourselves, we'd recite the REAL challenge wed use in a real situation:  Halt!  BAM BAM BAM Halt. Halt or Ill fire!   Also, they'd ask us if we shot to kill.  We'd have to answer, no, we shoot to wound and stop the threat. Of course, we were taught to shoot at center mass, so the joke we'd say privately was we shoot to wound in the heart.  🤣

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I've been printing targets for several months now, and I kind of wonder where I've been all these years. I mean, you go to the range and sometimes get gouged for a dollar a target, and that's no fun on the wallet. I ended up trying out printing my own and as I understand, accounting for ink and paper, a printed target costs about 5+ cents. It's been a conversation starter, too. It seems like many don't even think to print their own, and many of people who do, often use things like paper plates with a center dot as a makeshift target. I'm wondering how many of you are actively printing targets?

I actually have two favorite sites as of right now, both of which were recommended by a good buddy of mine who suggested I start printing targets in the first place. I guess he's been doing it for a long time and thought I should give it a shot. No pun intended.

http://targets4free.com - This one is a little newer and has a decent selection, but they have some cool trick shot type of targets, as well as some others. They definitely have a light-hearted approach to shooting targets. They have things like The Rake and Slenderman (yes, the creepypastas)... I dig the dart board target too, tons of fun. Also their hunting targets and diamond sight-in targets are pretty damn good too!

http://targetz.com - This site has a TON of different grid-type targets, but some more fun and light-hearted ones as well. The billiards targets are fun, and I really dig their star targets. They're a lot like the ones you shoot with those air guns at the carnival!

So are any of you printing your own targets too, or am I one of the few crazies who goes through the trouble? Also if you do print your own, what kind of targets specifically do you like? I'm always looking to punch more paper at the range and I dig variety in my target selection. 😉

I print my own, but I also like the cheap 8-9" paper plates from the dollar stores. About $10 for a 100. The other thing about paper plates is they are thicker than copy paper printed targets. One staple keeps them in place rather than 4 staples when shooting outside.

You can use a stencil to paint a 1" bullseye on the back (staple the rim to the target), use 1" adhesive dots available on Amazon, or use a sharpie. I find it's much better to use when adjusting iron sights, red dots, and lasers as it's easy to see your shots on the white background rather than targets with lots of visual noise. 

Edited by crc4