Chattanooga funshow May 25-26

Guest BCR#1

Guest BCR#1

A friend and I will have a table with various stuff for sale. I am bringing some Federal American Eagle 9mm 115 grn. FMJ @ $20.00 a box and some Brown Bear 9x18 94 grn. FMJ @ $15.00 a box.

I may bring 3 sealed 500 rnd. packs of original Wolf black box 7.62x39 123grn. FMJ made in 1999. These are the green lacquered cases with red sealent on both ends for $8.00 a box.

This is the first big show this year so it should be crowded.

Bill

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Grout

I'll be there.Maybe somebody will have some WST.Other than that only thing I'm looking for is a Ruger Speed Six or a .44Mag Vaqureo.

I just got back, ammo is still stupid. There was a guy there selling federal 223 100rnd pack (the same one walmart sells) for $90. Plenty of pmags to be had for $18-25. Also plenty of lpk's for around $75. Good news is alot of the overpriced stuff wasnt moving very fast. Maybe by the time they roll back around to Chattanooga itll be normal. By normal i mean "gun show normal"

Actual firearms prices were pretty reasonable i thought. I almost came home with a sig mosquito.
Guest Lester Weevils

I managed to show up earlier than usual, before noon even. Seemed unusually crowded, but maybe its always that crowded that time of day, dunno.

Managed to see the entire show without even one little thing following me home. Not that the show was dry of goods. They had plenty of goods, just not what I want, but I don't want much any more.

Will usually at least buy an ammo can or some old worn-out ugly but "unusual" knife for a couple of bucks. But I've still got a couple of empty ammo cans and the old guys with thousands of junk knives didn't show up. They had plenty of knives, just nothing weird and cheap enough for me.

Lots of sigs and various plastic guns. Fair number of 1911's. A few but "adequate supply" of black beretta 92 and PX4. Saw a Keltec PMR-30 but didn't see a price tag and didn't bother to ask. Adequate supply of the typical revolvers. Nothing wrong with that selection but "ain't in the market".

Didn't see any beretta cheetahs, not even black ones, but I've got my heart set on a nickel one anyway. Some sig p238 and p938 I might would like, but no price advantage compared to local gun stores. A couple of colt mustangs and such, too expensive. One table had not-crazy prices on a cz .380 and one of those old taurus .380-- That old model which looks like the engineer who designed the AMC Gremlin had "improved" the beretta cheetah. :) But they looked a little too beat up for the asking price.

Volunteer of cleveland as usual had the "most interesting" selection of pistols for my taste.

N GA reloading supply has not-too-bad prices on reloads and 9mm and 38 bullets. A goodly selection of powder except all I'm looking for is Ramshot Silhouette and apparently nobody stocks that local, unless maybe other people buy it before I see it. They had some ramshot powders, just no Silhouette.

Several booths had green lasers and one table had a not-too-shabby small green rail laser with remote switch for $80, which was almost tempting but I figgered it would be worth another internet search before buying a green laser.

I like the guy in the back who sells lots of inexpensive nerd bait-- Many different magnifying loupes, lots of different kinds of clamps and hemostats, syringe oilers, etc. But I've got a lot of those already.

One mom&pop display was keen-- A fella making rustic, pretty well-made wood coolers that hold a conventional plastic cooler down inside them. It is a good idea and they are very attractive. I don't need one but wish the folks success in selling such a nice product. People who entertain a lot in the man cave or cooking out on the deck would get real good use out of such a nice piece of eye-candy.

I managed to show up earlier than usual, before noon even. Seemed unusually crowded, but maybe its always that crowded that time of day, dunno.

Managed to see the entire show without even one little thing following me home. Not that the show was dry of goods. They had plenty of goods, just not what I want, but I don't want much any more.

Will usually at least buy an ammo can or some old worn-out ugly but "unusual" knife for a couple of bucks. But I've still got a couple of empty ammo cans and the old guys with thousands of junk knives didn't show up. They had plenty of knives, just nothing weird and cheap enough for me.

Lots of sigs and various plastic guns. Fair number of 1911's. A few but "adequate supply" of black beretta 92 and PX4. Saw a Keltec PMR-30 but didn't see a price tag and didn't bother to ask. Adequate supply of the typical revolvers. Nothing wrong with that selection but "ain't in the market".

Didn't see any beretta cheetahs, not even black ones, but I've got my heart set on a nickel one anyway. Some sig p238 and p938 I might would like, but no price advantage compared to local gun stores. A couple of colt mustangs and such, too expensive. One table had not-crazy prices on a cz .380 and one of those old taurus .380-- That old model which looks like the engineer who designed the AMC Gremlin had "improved" the beretta cheetah. :) But they looked a little too beat up for the asking price.

Volunteer of cleveland as usual had the "most interesting" selection of pistols for my taste.

N GA reloading supply has not-too-bad prices on reloads and 9mm and 38 bullets. A goodly selection of powder except all I'm looking for is Ramshot Silhouette and apparently nobody stocks that local, unless maybe other people buy it before I see it. They had some ramshot powders, just no Silhouette.

Several booths had green lasers and one table had a not-too-shabby small green rail laser with remote switch for $80, which was almost tempting but I figgered it would be worth another internet search before buying a green laser.

I like the guy in the back who sells lots of inexpensive nerd bait-- Many different magnifying loupes, lots of different kinds of clamps and hemostats, syringe oilers, etc. But I've got a lot of those already.

One mom&pop display was keen-- A fella making rustic, pretty well-made wood coolers that hold a conventional plastic cooler down inside them. It is a good idea and they are very attractive. I don't need one but wish the folks success in selling such a nice product. People who entertain a lot in the man cave or cooking out on the deck would get real good use out of such a nice piece of eye-candy.

Pretty much sums it up.

Guest WJStaff
Picked up a good deal on a CM9 and a heckuva great deal on a Ka-Bar. I love going there on Sundays before they close up shop.
Guest WJStaff
I almost got one of the coolers too. Those things were pretty neat, decided to build one myself. Should be pretty easy to do.
Guest BCR#1

I sold a few boxes of the 9mm but still have 12 left. The 9x18 sold out but the Wolf BB just sat there. I dropped the price to $6.00 a box Saturday afternoon and it still didn't move.

I still enjoyed the people watching though.

Bill