Finally getting ready to make that move..to TN

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

Took some time to convince the wife she can leave her job, and with her family telling her the last two years they want her to come back home, daughter graduating from College this Friday and headed off to do her Graduate work and me being retired it finally fell into place. Nothing holding us from heading to TN.

We were going to do the long term Travel Trailer thing and buy or build a house after June 2014. Only owned one Travel Trailer, a Jayco popup that I bought, used once and sold a year later so we had no idea really what long term Traveling would entail. Went to some Campgrounds and talked to some of the people doing it and they all loved it, but almost all made similar comments, "Dont expect to own anything, dont even expect to go to the store and buy something and bring it back, cause there is no room for it". Thought about storage, but stored things have a way of staying in storage, and I like my "stuff".

So we are still buying a Travel Trailer, 32 foot Winnebago or a 30 foot Heritage Glen. Have looked at about a thousand of these trailers, will decide and sign papers today. Weekend after next we will be in TN looking to rent a 2 bedroom house and start traveling for about 15 months. House so we have something to come back to in between trips and have our "stuff".

Will build or buy sometime mid next year. In the meantime TN HERE WE COME!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Emtdaddy1980
If you go north of chattanooga but stay south of Dayton you can get a lot for your money and those areas qualify for FDIC financing if that's a factor for you. My wife and I built in Soddy Daisy two years ago. If you're in the county but outside city limits your property taxes are very reasonable. I can recommend a good builder if you're interested.