CCR refinishing in Greenville does it right.

Glad to see you got one Krull!

So that looks like the standard finish. I have to imagine it was beat up or something. Do you have a before photo so we can compare the difference?

Did they just refinish the slide or the whole thing? I notice the lettering and the little white line at the safety are missing. Regardless, it looks nice.

• Like 1

Glad to see you got one Krull!

So that looks like the standard finish. I have to imagine it was beat up or something. Do you have a before photo so we can compare the difference?

Did they just refinish the slide or the whole thing? I notice the lettering and the little white line at the safety are missing. Regardless, it looks nice.

Actually he could have done the lettering but i asked it to be all black ---for a gun made in 2000 it was not beat up at all had some very minor wear on it but this finish is actually stronger than their hostile environment finish.  This is a Variant 3 so there is no safety so to speak or white line.  I have the detent plate which takes about 2 minutes to change it over to a varient 1 which is what my USP 40 is so it can be carried cocked and locked. However having this gun in double action half cocked to me is better than cocked and locked so no safety to fumble with and the trigger pull at half cock is around 6 lbs.  After that shot it goes to single action of course.  I do have a couple of  pic before but it doesnt tell much about the gun -- lighting was bad

This was only a slide refinish-- he has my USP 40 now which im having the slde and takedown lever done in house black again and having the barrel done in with their plating service -- i will post pics when i get it back -- im more excited about that one than this one

Only before pics i have as you can see gun only had very minor holster wear before --

[url=http://s235.photobucket.com/user/Morlais/media/Attachment-1_zpsdca9b6a1.jpg.html]Attachment-1_zpsdca9b6a1.jpg[/URL]

[url=http://s235.photobucket.com/user/Morlais/media/photo_zps4bc0ca8c.jpg.html]photo_zps4bc0ca8c.jpg[/URL]

Edited by Krull

that looks great. what was the turnaround time?

4weeks is average if you mail it in a little less if you drop off in person. They also do prepaid reservations the makes it 10-14 days I believe.

Krull, is that an old JCPD gun?

CCR did two USP pistols for me last year.  I had the slides plated in nickel boron and the barrels coated in house black.  They came out looking just like the old two tone USP.

I have one more that I am going to have done in all house black.

CCR works miracles.

• Like 1