OK, my wife and me took our course on Saturday April 27. I went Monday the 29 and wife went Wednesday may 1 to the DMV and fingerprinting. We both went to the same locations. I have been checking the online site on status on mine everyday, and it still shows pending background check. I checked the wife's today and hers is already approved and in the mail! Should I be worried that she went 2 days after me and is already approved ahead of me?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apps.tn.gov/handgun
you need your application number and drivers license number

Blew right by that reading your post. This was news to me too. Don't see a link for it off main section anywhere, did instructor tell you about it?

- OS

[/quote]

Blew right by that reading your post. This was news to me too. Don't see a link for it off main section anywhere, did instructor tell you about it?

- OS[/quote]
It was in the email we got back when we did our application online...

apps.tn.gov/handgun
you need your application number and drivers license number

I was checking on the status for someone and it asks for DL and confirmation number. I've tried the application number, receipt number, batch number and none work. Can someone clue me in on this confirmation number?
It was the number you wrote on the test at the permit course. If they got an email back from the state after they applied it is in there. I think I also had to have this same number when I went to the DMV.

Edited by otnman
Guest DrRobert
I submitted the application online. My test results were submitted electronically. The website showed mine as approved on the 4th day after I was fingerprinted.

If I'm understanding the OP correctly, he was able to put in his HCP at a DMV and then able to check the status online at https://apps.tn.gov/handgun/. I went to the DMV in Covington today and also went for fingerprinting today. After getting home I started looking for what could be the confirmation number but couldn't find one. I decided to call the support number for the apps.tn.gov website to see if they could tell me what to use. What the lady told me was that website only gives the status if you submitted the application online. She also said the confirmation number would be 9 digits. I cannot find a 9 digit number anywhere on my application. What am I missing here? I realize that my information probably would not be in the system yet but, is what I was told true? If not where would I find a confirmation number?

If I'm understanding the OP correctly, he was able to put in his HCP at a DMV and then able to check the status online at https://apps.tn.gov/handgun/. I went to the DMV in Covington today and also went for fingerprinting today. After getting home I started looking for what could be the confirmation number but couldn't find one. I decided to call the support number for the apps.tn.gov website to see if they could tell me what to use. What the lady told me was that website only gives the status if you submitted the application online. She also said the confirmation number would be 9 digits. I cannot find a 9 digit number anywhere on my application. What am I missing here? I realize that my information probably would not be in the system yet but, is what I was told true? If not where would I find a confirmation number?

When my wife did it they told her to register before taking the class and that's when she got the number.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

When my wife did it they told her to register before taking the class and that's when she got the number.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Dang, guess I'll just have to play the waiting game and just be surprised when it arrives. Thanks for the response.

Yes, we both registered online. We got emails back that had the number in the email. As far as quickness, when I went to the DMV after the class it showed up on the website within hours that that step had been completed.

Guest kj4gxu

I just went to the DOS office friday and paid/finished the office visit portion, I go for fingerprinting tomorrow.

The DOS employee told me if you don't hear anything back within 10 days of fingerprinting then it means there were no issues and your permit should go through.  She did say she believed with recent volume that it would be out to 90 days before the permit came in the mail.  Glad to see based on the recent applicants on here that it seems MUCH shorter than that.

I try to take everything told to me by a state worker with a grain of salt. I'm hoping mine comes much quicker than the 90 days. If I'm remembering correctly, I think the instructor for my class was saying the average was around 21 days after fingerprinting. Of course, that goes back to the "grain of salt" thing.