A&H reloading = No good!

I know it ends up being a headache for you, but those are some of the best threads to read. If this board had a hall of fame for threads, it would be chock full of those threads.

My favorite was when Letereat called everybody a homo. Award winning :)

• Like 2

Just as an observer and a former owner of a gun shop.  These small businessmen better catch up to social media and forums such as TGO.  They will make you or break you. The value stream from these outlets are REAL.  People look, read, listen, etc. and form opinions without testing a product or stepping foot on their property.   I know I recently read that many physicians are complaining that anyone can post anything about them on internet review boards, true or false, and it is having a sizable impact.  Physicians are on to something because it is impacting their pocketbook.  Besides Physicians do have a reputation about being a little sharper than most tools in the shed. 

Litmus test, how many of you read the reviews of items on Amazon?  Ebay sellers on Ebay?  How many you of grumble when you buy something on line, then days later after receipt they want your opinion of your purchase, rating, comments, and etc.  I now noticed Midway does that like Amazon.  I find myself leaving feedback because I appreciate what others have done before me.

Maybe I am the geek, but I read reviews all the time, its just part of my due diligence.  Caster's reviews of reloading equipment was extremely valuable to me 6 months ago.  Just my Saturday 6am 2 cents, I need coffee.

Edited by Runco
  • Like 1

Just as an observer and a former owner of a gun shop.  These small businessmen better catch up to social media and forums such as TGO.  They will make you or break you. The value stream from these outlets are REAL.  People look, read, listen, etc. and form opinions without testing a product or stepping foot on their property.   I know I recently read that many physicians are complaining that anyone can post anything about them on internet review boards, true or false, and it is having a sizable impact.  Physicians are on to something because it is impacting their pocketbook.  Besides Physicians do have a reputation about being a little sharper than most tools in the shed. 

Litmus test, how many of you read the reviews of items on Amazon?  Ebay sellers on Ebay?  How many you of grumble when you buy something on line, then days later after receipt they want your opinion of your purchase, rating, comments, and etc.  I now noticed Midway does that like Amazon.  I find myself leaving for feedback because I appreciate what others have done before me.

Maybe I am the geek, but I read reviews all the time, its just part of my due diligence.  Caster's reviews of reloading equipment was extremely valuable to me 6 months ago.  Just my Saturday 6am 2 cents, I need coffee.

I never buy anything of value without thoroughly reading all of the customer reviews I can find.  They are much more reliable in my book than paid reviews. I do realize there are reviews that could be made by someone with an agenda, but I've found these are not that common so I just go with the high percentage. I also write reviews and I'm truthful in my reviews.

If these Doctors and businesses large and small would treat people with respect and value them as the most important part of their business as they should, they wouldn't have to stress out over what people are saying. They really should embrace customer reviews as the best advertising they can get and it's absolutely FREE. If negative feedback is hurting these Doctors or any business, then I'd suggest they take a look in the mirror, or study the doctors or stores that have good reviews and figure out what their problem is and make changes rather than whine over the negative reviews.  

Litmus test, how many of you read the reviews of items on Amazon?  Ebay sellers on Ebay?  How many you of grumble when you buy something on line, then days later after receipt they want your opinion of your purchase, rating, comments, and etc.  I now noticed Midway does that like Amazon.  I find myself leaving feedback because I appreciate what others have done before me.

I think you are spot on here. I don't always read reviews of products that i am after online but due to anyone being able to set themselves up online, you can bet i am going to check feedback on the person/business i'm buying it from. I'm also quite good at leaving feedback and try hard to not leave negative feedback unless given no choice (Like Castor and friend). 

I've dealt allot with A&H, never had an issue like this with them.  Any complaint I ever had was handled by something like 'Grab an extra handful until you thinks it's right attitude'. He always throws an extra handful of brass/bullets in the bag and rounds down the final tally on every purchase. I personally think his prices are a tad high but still like doing business with him.

I'm not aware of what transpired and am not disagreeing with the OP, just saying that I've had nothing but good experiences with him even when something wasn't right. Could be that he had an epileptic fit or was bitten by a rabid dog, I dunno. It's when twenty people get on here and are having problems with a vendor that I would pay attention.

• 10 months later...

So, as I have no dog in this fight ... One complaint and every other comment and review I've read has generally been positive and this business is blackballed by so many? I guess this is the bad side of internet communities or mobs (depending on topic) ;).

No doubt Caster's experience was accurate but if it is inconsistent with others, could it be the fellow was having a bad day? Maybe he had a fight with his wife that day and needed a "win"? Maybe he just encountered an idiot first time reloader who threatened to sue him when he stuck a 300 Blackout in a 5.56 chamber and blew up his gun?

Just giving a separate perspective from the tar and feather fervor that seems to be the default. Put it in the memory banks and if it proves to consistent then it proves to be a problem. Otherwise people are people and even business owners have bad days. Especially when the gun market is so volatile right now. We need more sources not less.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but if you are in business (and I own one), you do not have the luxury of a bad day.  You service every customer, large and small with courtesy and professionalism every time, ALL the time.  That's business 101.  You can chat about it later with your close friends over some fermented hops at operating temperature.

If I have a bad day my customers will never know it.  There are duties to be performed.  Too many employees and their families depend upon the income my business generates, and when business is down, it's their kids faces I see at night.

That is all.

• Like 2

I have traded with A&H several times.  I am a happy customer.  I have had the experience that Poor_dog had, extras, round down, etc.  Plus I felt that A&H maintained a good stock and reasonable prices during all of the madness.  That goes along way with me.  Sorry you had a bad experience there, but I will continue to trade with them.  

Since this post was made I have been into A&H a couple times. I just ran across the place and had forgotten all about it being the topic of this thread. I will say that they had a very good stock especially considering the current state of availability. One of the guys working there was very nice and if he was guilty of anything it was that he was to attentive kinda like a restaurant waitress that checks on you so much that you can't eat. I dealt with the guy that owns the place and he wasn't overly nice and he wasn't in to big a rush to pause his conversation with a buddy to come check me out but if that's the worst that ever happens then i'm happy. Last but not least, his prices are retail small quantity prices (100 projectiles, 50 pieces of brass etc..) and he didn't seem willing to cut that at all when buying bulk. I asked about buying .223 projectiles by the thousand (I was thinking of buying 3,000 if his heart was right) and he replied in a "matter of fact" tone that it would be 10x times the listed price and that he wouldn't offer any kind of discount until I bought 5 or 6,000. Pricing is certainly his prerogative but I won't be buying anything other than the occasional "can't find it anywhere else" item from him because of it. I will mention again though, he had a great selection of powder, bullets, brass and primers so if you just can't find it anywhere else it is worth checking there.  

David is my #1 go to for all ammo needs,but I have hit AH when i've needed something fast.Mostly boolits for 300 BO to use at the last minute.I didnt expect to get my ass kissed,but i bought what i needed and left.They're not friendly.Considering they love pulling ammo apart, doesn't surprise me at all that they'd disregard a customer complaint. The guy should have listened to his customer and provided a resolution.Shame on this guy for being a stupidvisor.

On a side note he has to be stupid to sell something thats supposed to be one thing but is really something else if not in good faith but in the name of safety.

count me in, i'm done with em. what i might save in 5 years isnt worth it if their substandard crap causes injury.I think they took the aint no ammo ride, lets sell some and forgot to quit when it calmed down...