Anyone seen this from Beretta?

Guest semiautots

Seems like it needs one more round in the magazine.  That grip looks awful short.  And you're right, it is very homely,

Guest Lester Weevils

A width of 0.71" is impressive. My NAA .380 conceals pretty well with a width of 0.9", and the Kahr P9 also pocket carries well with a width of about 0.9". By comparison, a Cougar isn't much bigger than a P9 in profile. However the Cougar is fat as a hippo and pocket-carrying the Cougar would be laughable because it would print like a sunny beach.

So a width of 0.71" ought to be real easily concealable in a front pocket. If somebody would only make a 9mm that crazy thin.

I don't much like tiny grips and double action triggers though. Don't have enough skill to shoot em accurately.

On the little NAA blowback .380, its fairly heavy stanless steel and one can get three fingers (including the trigger finger) on the grip using the "hooked" bottom mag extensions, and it still beats me up to shoot it. That pico looks to be light plastic and looks like maybe a 2 finger (including trigger finger) grip, so that might be a nasty little thang to shoot. Or not. Dunno.

Edited by Lester Weevils
I kind of like it. Would like to hold one when they come out. I like the fact that it has real sights and the option of an laser in the frame. I am not too happy with my P3AT.

I also have a P3AT that I carry when trying to be discreet. I would like to hold this as well just to compare. The sights and option of a laser would be nice to have.

:stunned: Is it jst me...or do the current crop of pistols, especially the small calibers, seem to be getting uglier and uglier.

I agree as well...the PICO has NO aesthetic appeal whatsoever

For a gun that's going to live its life in a pocket, I couldn't care less about its looks.

Reminds me of a dad story.  We're at a gunshow, he really wants a KelTec, he sees a brand new one in a less than desireable color (but at a totally smokin' price) and was going to pass because of its looks.

"Dad, the only time someone is going to see this thing is when you're pointing it at their face...they won't be making fun of the color."

He bought it...

That said, I'd be interested in this Beretta if it was a 9mm (obviously that would make it a bit bigger).

Edited by TN-popo
Guest Lester Weevils

That is a good point that looks shouldn't much matter.

Do people not like the looks because the top part of the gun looks out of proportion to the grip? Thats the main thing that strikes me, but maybe I'm missing something.

jmp8d25_right.jpg

On the other hand, if the pistol is so unusually thin then they would need some space somewhere to add a recoil sprang and such?

The ad copy makes a big deal about "no snag" design, and it looks about as "melted" as possible. Doesn't look like much on the profile to snag up.

Guest semiautots

That is a good point that looks shouldn't much matter.

Do people not like the looks because the top part of the gun looks out of proportion to the grip? Thats the main thing that strikes me, but maybe I'm missing something.

jmp8d25_right.jpg

On the other hand, if the pistol is so unusually thin then they would need some space somewhere to add a recoil sprang and such?

The ad copy makes a big deal about "no snag" design, and it looks about as "melted" as possible. Doesn't look like much on the profile to snag up.

Why buy this compared to a Ruger LCP?  Is it worth more money?  Will you shoot 2000 rounds through it?

Guest Lester Weevils

Why buy this compared to a Ruger LCP?  Is it worth more money?  Will you shoot 2000 rounds through it?

I personally am not skilled enough with tiny guns to buy either. What use is a gun you can't hit anything with? But the little beretta does look about as snag-free one could expect, and 0.71 is remarkably thin. For my own use, a width difference of even 0.1" plus or minus makes a huge diff about how "concealable" a pocket gun feels, and looks in the mirror in my pocket.

I have trouble with long DA triggers and also short sight radius. It is trouble that practice will not cure, or it would have been cured a long time ago.

My kahr P9 is the biggest gun I can reasonably pocket carry. At 10 yards I can put all the shots somewhere on a silhouette target, but will never be able to put them all near the center of the target. That's with a 3.5" barrel and long DA trigger (though is is a smooth trigger anyway).  By comparison my 3.5" barrel Cougar, I can reliably put all the shots in a paper plate at 10 yards, in SA trigger mode and about the same sight radius as the P9.

With 5" barrel semi-autos or 4" barrel revolver in SA mode, on a good day I can put the majority of shots somewhere near the center of the plate at 10 yards. Even the 5" barrel .22s don't do much better than 9mm or .357. However, with 6" barrel .357 (single action mode) or 7" barrel ruger MKII, on a good day can "get kinda close" to "one ragged hole".

So that's just me-- Long sight radius + good trigger = good. Short sight radius + long DA trigger = bad.

If somebody would make a "melted" 9mm SA semi-auto pocket gun, with at least a 3-finger grip and a mere 0.7" width, I'd have to consider the pistol regardless of how ugly or expensive it happened to be. Even a 3.5" or 4" barrel pistol that skinny would just disappear in my front pocket.

The slide does appear freakishly tall to me.  Kinda like a Hi Point.

• 7 months later...

Berreta Pico: 11.2oz empty

Keltec 380:      8.3oz

Ruger LCP:     9.4oz

Keltec P32:      6.6oz

Seecamp:       11.5oz

Naa Guardian: 18.72 (380)

Naa Guardian:  13.5 (.32)

Taurus TCP:     10.2 (380)

The only way I use the mousegun I have (Keltec .32) is one-hand weak-hand and when I practice I draw and shoot at 3 -5 yards into a paper plate as fast as I can, sometimes holding the gun in close, sometime extending it one handed.  I have owned NAA Guardians, KT 380s and shot extensively Ruger LCPs  Never had a chance to shoot a Seecamp.  If Keltec made a reliable .22LR pistol the size of their .32 I would use that instead, I look for speed and hits.  I tried to like the Ruger LC9 and Diamondback. LCP is too big for pockets and DB9 is too harsh for rapid multiple shots fast.  The Guardian was simply too hard to hold onto.  The number of snubnosed revolvers I have had is simply ridiculous.   All gone except for the Keltec .32.  If my Keltec .32 ever quits or goes away, and I don't expect it to unless it goes into evidence, my next choice is the LCP or likely another light weight hard chrome KT .32.  

Edited by graycrait

I actually saw one of these in an LGS around the Nashville area.  Not sure which one it was.  The only one's I've been into lately are G&L Hendersonville, Reloader's Bench, and Academy in Mt. Juliet.  The only thing I thought when I saw it was "huh, that's like a mini .380 Beretta Nano or something" and moved along.  Not too bad of a price though, I'm not sure how comfortable the thing would be to shoot.