Look what *I* scored!

Boomhower sent me a private message with a very APT title...

he said "I went fishing today"...fishing for steel that is. :up:

+1 on that Boom!

as it happens, so did I!

I picked up a Hungarian P89 in 97% condition...just a little bluing rubbing off on the tip of the barrel, and some cosmoline that needs to be cleaned out.

I got it for a good price and intend to see how it shoots tomorrow!

for those of you unfamiliar with the p89, its a hungarian Makarov design.

it shoots russian 9mm (about the size of our .32 ammo and 1mm smaller than the 9mm american.)

This piece has 2 (two) 7 round magazines and came with a cleaning rod and a manual. I bought the box to tote it in.

its about 7 1/4 inches long and very compact! Its double action with a de-cocker built into the safety.

I posted pics of it in the photo galleries and I'm going to try and link them here...we'll see if it works!

makarov_p89_004.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took it out the other day..

wow!

its a pocket rocket...recoil is intimidating...after a few shots, if you don't have proper hand placement it'll start hurting your hand.

the accuracy is awesome but the sights, being very low profile, take a bit of getting used to...

its a great all around weapon though..for distances, its quite accurate for aimed shots, for up close encounters, i.e. point shooting, its easy to use as well...can be pulled and fired quickly since its a compact model..ammo is expensive though...17 bucks for 50 rounds!

takedown and cleaning are super easy, it breaks down into the 3 pieces to clean and can be put back together in seconds!

over all I'd rate this pistol, on a scale of 1 to 10 as an 8.

the only thing that sets it back is the recoil...

this pistol is NOT for a neophyte.

Julie shot 3 rounds out of it and handed it back to me and said "no way am I carrying that thing"...:mad:

it WILL be going with me to the gun meet in Knoxville though..so you guys are welcome to try it if you want.

:up:

Nice find Tower! Looks like you'll have something to keep you company on those long northern nights! :up:

I'm guessing your back in TN for now, though. Welcome home.

-Len

Guest Phantom6
You suck Tower. I still only have the 4 pistols and 3 rifles.

Pretty gun though.

Me thinks saintsfanbrian suffers from pistol envy! :up: