Ha, Ober Gatlinburg was actually pretty awesome for both us and the kids. My son loved the alpine slide, and I loved pushed up German boobies serving me a pint.

Great Scott!!!
great-scott-doc-back-to-the-future-drawi

I was there in early April. The only two places I came a cross that was anti carry was Wonder Works and mellow mushroom. I would not have been able to carry in wonder works anyways so I didn't care. In Gatlinburg I did not come across any place that was posted. I figured the Hard Rock and the Aquarium would be posted but neither were.
  • Like 1

We had a blast, stayed at the double tree, got to see my dad go swimming he has not been in years, he lost a leg so he would not go, I guess the grandkid begging did him in, I did. Not see any gun buster signs, I did not go into mellow mushroom there is one in chattanooga and I don't eat there either. I did leave it secured while I sampled moonshine and whiskey, I liked the whiskey better and even bought a bottle, it will still be here in ten years when I go back as I don't drink. Pigeon forge I did see some gun buster signs and such there

Also there is a hot sauce shop in the Mountain Mall that I love visiting (for the samples if nothing else.) 

^This!  I love the Pepper Palace.  I do not remember seeing many places that were posted the last time we were in Sevierville...  the few places we frequent are not.

Oh, and I know it is off topic, but what the heck is the point of having a restaurant wholly dedicated to pancakes that closes at noon?  More to the point, what the heck is the point of having a restaurant wholly dedicated to pancakes that closes at noon on every single block???

One time when we were there, my wife asked me "I wonder why pancakes are so big in Pigeon Forge?" 

My response:  "Probably because they use more batter."

Yeah, that was a long drive home that day.

• Like 1

I was there in early April. The only two places I came a cross that was anti carry was Wonder Works and mellow mushroom. I would not have been able to carry in wonder works anyways so I didn't care. In Gatlinburg I did not come across any place that was posted. I figured the Hard Rock and the Aquarium would be posted but neither were.

I missed the posting on the Mellow Mushroom. I guess I carried right past it.

One time when we were there, my wife asked me "I wonder why pancakes are so big in Pigeon Forge?" 

My response:  "Probably because they use more batter."

Yeah, that was a long drive home that day.

Duly noted. Gotta use that one someday! :rofl:

Friend of mine just got back from there. He said a place called "the Alamo" was posted( and he's from Texas). I told him in the park, the buildings won't let you carry since in essence they are "federal" buildings. But everywhere elase not much a problem. When I went a few years ago(2), I carried everywhere( concealed of course) Saw a gunbuster sign, walked back to the car and locked it up( I was with my dad and Brother, so I couldn't just leave). But most places are gun friendly. I would advise on Concealment though, no telling how many Japanese or Chinese tourists ( much more noreasterners) would probably s*** a brick if they saw someone other than LEO carrying.

Ah, the pepper palace, tis a plethora of awesome tasty stuff, except for when you can prank a buddy into trying the Universes Hottest Hot Sauce, he got a BIG ol bite, lol, mook. We bought him a Frosty from the Wendy's downstairs needless to say. :pleased:

Plus, I get to visit the tobacco shop in there to pick up my Cades Cove Cavendish for my custom pipe. :usa:

• Like 1

Friend of mine just got back from there. He said a place called "the Alamo" was posted( and he's from Texas).

Alamo Steakhouses, Bennett BBQs, and another eatery or two I can't think of all owned by same company, they post 'em all.

- OS

Bennett's BBQ was posted last time I went, (three years.) Buster sign inside where the hostess stands.

Alamo Steakhouses, Bennett BBQs, and another eatery or two I can't think of all owned by same company, they post 'em all.

- OS

Was just down there this past weekend, Big Daddy's Pizza is the other place. I was disappointed by Bennett's gun buster signage, but I'm also boycotting it for two other reasons:

- my brisket was fatty (c'mon really!!??)

- They allow a timeshare seller outside the door and they rope you in by asking "How was your meal?" I came here to eat, not to be sold some overpriced timeshare that I could care less about

Bennett's BBQ was posted last time I went, (three years.) Buster sign inside where the hostess stands.

I have eaten there several times in my life and every time the food has been worse. The last time in 2008 may have been one of the worse dining experiences I ever had.

FWIW the Ripley's Aquarium is posted.  Or at least it was the one time I was there a few years ago.  Not sure if it fits the legal definition now.  The posting is after you buy your ticket and actually enter the building.  It was on a wall off to the the right side.

FWIW the Ripley's Aquarium is posted. Or at least it was the one time I was there a few years ago. Not sure if it fits the legal definition now. The posting is after you buy your ticket and actually enter the building. It was on a wall off to the the right side.

Didn't see that one either. Carried right passed it.

I can sort of understand the Aquarium being posted.  I dunno if a round from a self defense handgun would penetrate any of their glass but if it did the outcome would be really bad I assume.

And the posting, while after buying the ticket was before you actually hand your ticket over and go through the turnstiles.  So you do have the option of going back to the car with it.  

But they probably post because guns are bad not because of their glass.

I can sort of understand the Aquarium being posted. I dunno if a round from a self defense handgun would penetrate any of their glass but if it did the outcome would be really bad I assume.

And the posting, while after buying the ticket was before you actually hand your ticket over and go through the turnstiles. So you do have the option of going back to the car with it.

But they probably post because guns are bad not because of their glass.

I remember checking the glass doors outside the aquarium while my wife bought the tickets. They didn't bother to put the signage there. Once inside I'm wrangling two small children and wasn't looking for signs anymore. Stupid law, stupid state. Making a criminal out of the most law abiding folks out there.

I was pocket carrying a .380, so I guess I wouldn't have to worry about busting the aquarium glass. Everyone knows that .380s often can't penetrate clothing or skin. Edited by TMF

I wonder how many casts you could get in that place and what they would do to you for fishing there, LOL

The glass is typically tempered and about 4" thick. I feel sure most any handgun round would bounce off. It'd prolly take a heavy rifle caliber to penetrate it.

i kind of thought one would not penetrate, but still it would cost a fortune to replace.  While I am generally against banning guns at places I can see it in an aquarium.  Murphys law and stories we all see almost daily of idiots with guns.

• Like 1

We’re hwre now. (From Alabama)

Headed to wonder works today so, glad I found this. I’ll have to leave it in the car. 

Does anyone know about the Hatfield & McCoy dinner show?? Am I ok there?

Others who have posted have already mentioned but I’ll update and confirm what I’ve seen in March 2019:

Bennetts still posted. 

Ober posted. 

The aquarium had a sign on the back door but I didn’t see one on the front door. 

A few random stores on the strip but I don’t recall which ones because I went in Anyway. That’s the point of CCW. Concealed. Lol

No places have metal detectors so if you’re carrying in a holster shirt I wouldn’t worry about it. I carry on my belt but never tuck my shirt. So if someone’s looking for it, it can be noticeable. But most people never know. (Even the ones at Bennett’s ;) )I forgot to pack my holster undershirt. :( So I guess I’ll leave It in the car at wonderworks  

On a positive note, the jerky store at the island in Severville had a sign that said firearms are welcome in our store! So go buy some jerky! 

Ps I carried at the island too. 

Headed to wonder works today so, glad I found this. I’ll have to leave it in the car. 

Others who have posted have already mentioned but I’ll update and confirm what I’ve seen in March 2019:

Bennetts still posted. 

Ober posted. 

The aquarium had a sign on the back door but I didn’t see one on the front door. 

A few random stores on the strip but I don’t recall which ones because I went in Anyway. That’s the point of CCW. Concealed. Lol

No places have metal detectors so if you’re carrying in a holster shirt I wouldn’t worry about it. I carry on my belt but never tuck my shirt. So if someone’s looking for it, it can be noticeable. But most people never know. (Even the ones at Bennett’s ;) )I forgot to pack my holster undershirt. :( So I guess I’ll leave It in the car at wonderworks  

On a positive note, the jerky store at the island in Severville had a sign that said firearms are welcome in our store! So go buy some jerky! 

Update, I do not see any signs posted at wonder works. 

On 3/14/2019 at 10:38 AM, Polaris425 said:

Bennetts still posted. 

Ober posted. 

Aquarium is good to go. I called ahead and the said not only is it ok,they appreciate it.

Edited by hornett22
Spelling