.22 LR in stock at cabelas hurry!!!

Im gonna hang in there and see.. I have some 22lr and have a trade worked out on getting a couple more bricks I think.. The thing I like with Cabelas is they dont hit ya real hard on shipping.. Time will tell.. At least my name is on the list. 

Well, if nothing else, this whole "post-Newton Obama scenario" has been a lesson in patience for me.

The .22 I ordered is for a buddy that's relatively new to shooting. I know for him, and many, it's a paradigm shift.

I have/had backorders the past 6 months with Midway, Graf's, Brownells, and now Cabelas. Many have shipped and I have no personal reason to think the rest won't. These 4 companies have always represented excellent quality and customer service in my experience.

Another lesson I've learned is that procrastination is not beneficial.  :squint:  I've never dipped into my baseline stores, and I'm shooting pretty much the same as before...but there is a certain level of anxiety regarding replenishment of personal stock.

Slowly "shootin' stuff" is becoming available... I'll be stacking it even deeper than before. It's my own fault if I get caught short on anything in the future. So, for me? Lesson learned.

:2cents:

• Like 4

Well I got another email saying it was backordered to 6-30. The thing I'm a little irritated about is that they charged my debit card immediately. I'm going to have to call them and see what they're planning on doing about that. I think they should credit it back to my account and then wait to charge me until it ships.....we'll see what they say I guess.

Well I got another email saying it was backordered to 6-30. The thing I'm a little irritated about is that they charged my debit card immediately. I'm going to have to call them and see what they're planning on doing about that. I think they should credit it back to my account and then wait to charge me until it ships.....we'll see what they say I guess.

They charged my card too. Odd bc the email said it wouldn't be charged until it shipped. So did it ship or did they just charge it? Cabelas being weird. I've bought many things from them and it is normally no big deal even if backordered. I'm calling when done typing.
Guest Nunya

They charged my card too. Odd bc the email said it wouldn't be charged until it shipped. So did it ship or did they just charge it? Cabelas being weird. I've bought many things from them and it is normally no big deal even if backordered. I'm calling when done typing.

I questioned them on this point.  The charge sits there for three days without actually posting to your account until your bank decides they aren't going to post it.

They call it authorization.  I call it holding my money ransom!

Well, if nothing else, this whole "post-Newton Obama scenario" has been a lesson in patience for me.

The .22 I ordered is for a buddy that's relatively new to shooting. I know for him, and many, it's a paradigm shift.

I have/had backorders the past 6 months with Midway, Graf's, Brownells, and now Cabelas. Many have shipped and I have no personal reason to think the rest won't. These 4 companies have always represented excellent quality and customer service in my experience.

Another lesson I've learned is that procrastination is not beneficial.  :squint:  I've never dipped into my baseline stores, and I'm shooting pretty much the same as before...but there is a certain level of anxiety regarding replenishment of personal stock.

Slowly "shootin' stuff" is becoming available... I'll be stacking it even deeper than before. It's my own fault if I get caught short on anything in the future. So, for me? Lesson learned.
:2cents:

Very well stated. Same lesson learned here. I've added 4 rifle calibers to my collection and stepped up my shooting on one pistol caliber. I have been able to stockpile enough ammo to feel "okay" for all 5 calibers, but I'd need to double my stash to feel "good" about it.

Had this craziness only lasted a few months most of us would have been fine. People who were already buying ammo on the way to the range are the ones stroking out and paying crazy prices. I hope they've learned something.
  • Like 1

I ordered at 6 am cst got the order conf. was in stock and would ship buy 5/24 . Then igot the backorder email and i had ordered a box of 22mag with the remington and the m22 . I called cabela's and the 22mag was going to ship but the rest was on backorder.What gets me is they were going to charge me 8.95 to ship 1 box of 22mag and charge me shipping again on the remainder. I just told customer service to cancel all my order. It is crazy to pay 14.99 for 22mag with 8.95 shipping !

• 2 weeks later...

I received an email saying the thunderbolt 22 lr I ordered shipped on the 24th and tracking information showed it will be delivered tomorrow.. My wife has not received an email. I ordered at 4:30 a.m. and she ordered at 8:30 a.m.  If my 500 rds show up tomorrow it will be a 1500 rd total received this week. Thanks to Midway and Cabelas..

I got another 525 rds on the way also ordered a 100 rd box of CCI.. It said lr on one page bout the order showed Long.. Either way I can shoot the long in my lever action.. Over 2000 rds received in the past 10 days. Received the 500 rds of Thunderbolts Weds. afternoon from the morning of mass confusion and Cabelas down computers...  

It's kind of irritating that they're continuing to sell 525 rd boxes of Golden Bullet for $23.99 while the 500 rd box I bought 2 weeks ago for the same price is still backordered to June 30.  You think they might consider offering a substitution.  

• Like 1
I don't know what happened to Cabelas ordering system the day the Winchester M-22 became available, but I have friends I told to order after I placed mine and they have theirs in hand and I just received a revised backorder email for July 30th.

I was pretty disappointed this morning when I saw that email too. What D3vo said is pretty crappy too, no way later orders should be filled first.

I guess it's just a well that I don't have any .22 ammo...I'd just waste it having fun at the range anyway.

Same here folks...and a couple of my buds I gave a head's up to already received theirs... I agree, most probably human intervention.

I find it aggravating because I ordered the .22's for a friend that wasn't able to place the order at that time.

I guess it's just the nature of the beast these days. :shrug:

Edited by prag

I'll refer you back to my original post:

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/65604-22-lr-in-stock-at-cabelas-hurry/page-2#entry971004

Don't feel bad.

The order I placed way back in January also showed "in stock" at the time.

I have yet to see it, but I do keep getting pushed-back delivery dates every month. No surprise here. It'll come eventually... maybe by November, but they're still honoring the original price.

Edited by tartanphantom