Chattanooga area shooting ranges

Hey, the topic is still relevant and things could have changed. Personally, I think the Chattanooga Rifle Club is a great place to shoot and they have lots of competition matches too. The price is right at only $125 a year for an individual. My wife and I pay $150 for a year for family membership. They have a great website. Look them up.

finding a free shooting range is hard in this area.  prentice cooper is the only free shooting range that i know of and it is closed.  the indoor ranges all cost to shoot and they all have their good/bad problems.  local club is the chattanooga rifle club.  but there is a waiting list and the cost.  i am a member and use it.  best to find a friend that has some land where you can shoot.  or just pay the money to a indoor range and/or club.  one would think there would be more free shooting places here with all the open land we have, but it not so. 

Reading a facebook gun page says that PC is now charging to use their facilities to the tune of $5.50 for two hours or $101.00 for a yearly pass. Supposedly you can buy the permits at wally world.

Bill

Don't you have to know somebody to become a member at CRC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You either have a current third year member sign the application or you appear in front of a review committee. CRC currently has close to a two year wait for membership due to less members dropping out each year.

You either have a current third year member sign the application or you appear in front of a review committee. CRC currently has close to a two year wait for membership due to less members dropping out each year.

The wait changes dramatically. It is mostly older men as they give seniors a massive discount. I hate to say it, but the wait really depends on how many pass away in a year.
  • 3 years later...
4 hours ago, Erich said:

Is there still a 2 year wait if you ....have a little bit less life experience 😛

Yes, if under 65, it would be fall/winter of 2020 before a spot would open up. Our bylaws only allow 800 associate members. Spots open up only if someone doesn't renew their membership. This can be anywhere from 60-90 spots a year more or less. I work at the club office every Tuesday and there is currently 100+ applications on file.

Go ahead and down load the application from our website and mail it in, it costs nothing and you'll be in the loop for future membership when a spot opens up. If you've never been to the CRC and would like a tour of our facility, contact me by PM and I'll give you my contact info. You are more than welcome to bring something to shoot with you so you can try before you buy.

Bill

Edited by BCR#1
8 hours ago, Erich said:

Much Appreciated Bill. I think I'll take you up on that offer to check it out on a day you'll be there.

Thanks!

Eric

I'm retired so any day/time is good except Tuesday/Wednesday morning. After 2:00 PM on those two days. I live eight miles from the club on 58 hwy. Just send me a PM when you want to go.

Bill