Is it over?

I was in Cabela's today in Louisville KY.

The shelves were stocked. Fully stocked.

Even, wait for it...

.22LR.

Buying restrictions were still in place. But they had 100+ bricks of Remington $24/525 Golden Bullet and Winchester $30/500 in the wooden box. Plenty of CCI Minimag $9/100 and several other flavors.

Brass cased PMC .223, $10/20. Brass cased PMC FMJ 9x19mm $20/50.

Plenty of Modern Sporting Rifles, even on the used rack.

It was nice.

• Like 1
Guest RedLights&Sirens
Im actually seeing CCI .22 LR sitting on the shelves at Bass Pro in Memphis. Its just the little boxes, like a pack of gum. Sorry lol, I dont know a thing about .22 so thats the best description I have.

Still hard to find defensive handgun ammo but I am having luck on .223 and 5.56 at WalMarts in my area. The army surplus store up the road from me is good about keeping .40 and .45 reloads from The Tennessee Cartridge Company in stock.

I wont say its over but I am optomistic and am finaly considering buying a .22. I would have sooner but this happened.

I was in Cabela's today in Louisville KY.

The shelves were stocked. Fully stocked.

Even, wait for it...

.22LR.

Buying restrictions were still in place. But they had 100+ bricks of Remington $24/525 Golden Bullet and Winchester $30/500 in the wooden box. Plenty of CCI Minimag $9/100 and several other flavors.

Brass cased PMC .223, $10/20. Brass cased PMC FMJ 9x19mm $20/50.

Plenty of Modern Sporting Rifles, even on the used rack.

It was nice.

Good. Maybe the online division of Cabelas will finally ship my freakin' 5-month old backorder.

Inventory may be improving but some of those prices are still nasty. $20 for a box of 9mm? I'll keep waiting.

That same box of 9mm was $10-12 last fall.

When I decided to build a little onhand supply of 9mm - even after the price increase from the last ammo shortage - the Wally World price on most 9mm ammo was no more than $10.xx per box.  Before that increase, I was buying Federal and Blazer Brass 9mm FMJ at Wally for $9 per box (or less.)  Heck, during the last shortage I shot a 50 round box of American Eagle 9mm FMJ that I had bought at an LGS sometime around 2004 that still had the $7.99 price tag on the box.

Yeah, I realize that there is inflation and all but that doesn't explain the price of 9mm range ammo nearly tripling in less than ten years' time.

• Like 1
Standing in Dickson Walmart now, no ammo but they have 5 ar15's, 3 of them are the colt magpul models. Haven't seen this many normally priced ar's in stock at one spot since December.

Looks like it may be easing up several places.  We were in a WalMart in Perry, FL today that was well stocked with pistol ammo (no .22 though). 100 rds WWB .45 ACP was $40.77 and .9 mm was $24.47.  Lots of AR's, Bolts and Shotguns also.

I also saw some Colt .22 Bulk 500 rd boxes at a LGS in Mayo, FL yesterday for $65 a box.  I've never seen that brand before but did hear that they thought it was made by Aguila