Brass to the face!

Ugh, what a horrible feeling. Realizing your new gun doesnt meet your expectations. Ive had my Gen 4 Glock 19 about two weeks now, long enough to take several pieces of brass right in the kisser. Handloads and factory loaded ammo.Ive read a few solutions to the problem and it looks like im going to be on the phone with glock tomorrow. Anybody else had this problem?

Try as i might, i still cant find a pistol that comes close to replacing my CZ P-01 as #1.
  • Like 1
  • Moderators
[quote data-cid='977809' name='DaveTN' timestamp='1369958456' post='977809']Try as i might, i still cant find a pistol that comes close to replacing my CZ P-01 as #1.[/quote]Try a Smith & Wesson M&P.[/quote]
If we can't find common ground about anything else, this is something we can agree on. :D :up:
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

Try a Smith & Wesson M&P.

Haha i have a M&P 9c. You can check it out in the firearm classifieds section. Starting to rethink that sale, because that thing has been straight ballin' since the day i bought it

As ballin' as it has been, have you tried one with Apex parts in it? If you were on my side of the state I'd let you shoot mine to show up what the M&P is really capable of. The best trigger I have ever touched in a pistol next to a 1911.

As ballin' as it has been, have you tried one with Apex parts in it? If you were on my side of the state I'd let you shoot mine to show up what the M&P is really capable of. The best trigger I have ever touched in a pistol next to a 1911.

No cant say i have. I really do like the M&P in factory form but id love to try an upgraded version. As for the glock i wont give up on it. Its a great shooter aside from this one problem. Supposedly if i call glock they will send a new trigger mechanism housing, which seems to be the cause of the problem. I think if this is the case it will be a better option than sending the thing off. Lost some faith in that companys quality control though. I guess they cant all be as good as CZs

While I'm not defending Gen 4 Glocks I wouldn't stoop to the level of the M&P which is just Smith's copy of the Glock with a terrible trigger.

:stick:  Put the APEX parts in it. It's not even close to a Glock knockoff.  I have a Gen4 19 and a Gen4 23. Neither one blows brass in my face. TGO David had the words of wisdom here. Make 'em fix it.

Called glock. Not a lot of help. They told me that my pistol has all the new parts and shouldnt be doing that. After a battery of questions about my ammo, during which the gentleman tried to blame my handloads, i was told to give it another few hundred rounds or take it to a glock armorer. If that doesnt resolve the problem i must ship it to glock for modification.

What a bummer...

Try as i might, i still cant find a pistol that comes close to replacing my CZ P-01 as #1.

You'll have better luck finding a 2 headed flying unicorn that poops silver dollars. LOL

Seriously, I've found several guns that have a better trigger OR is lighter to carry OR is smaller. What I haven't found is any gun I like better overall OR that feels even remotely as comfy in my hand. I'm open-minded and optimistic, though, so I keep looking too.

• Like 1

Do a little digging on Glocktalk. I know several members there have fixed the brass to the face issue themselves without having to ship it to Glock.

I think the fix involves replacing the ejector with an older version but I'm not positive.

My gen 4 23 slings brass to the right with force.