Brass to the face!

I'm going to tear into it tonight. Definitely giving consideration to upgrading to the apex parts, as the reviews for them are stellar. Also if the apex upgrade doesnt fix it, i dont want to send the gun to glock and have them say "Well here's your problem, somebody messed with the extractor" and refuse to fix it because i tried to "gunsmith" it myself. I'm not a gunsmith, heck I don't even play one on TV.

I'm going to tear into it tonight. Definitely giving consideration to upgrading to the apex parts, as the reviews for them are stellar. Also if the apex upgrade doesnt fix it, i dont want to send the gun to glock and have them say "Well here's your problem, somebody messed with the extractor" and refuse to fix it because i tried to "gunsmith" it myself. I'm not a gunsmith, heck I don't even play one on TV.

I just took my G23 down and looked. Looks like you have to take the slide down to get to the extractor. Youtube is gonna be your friend. Apex usually has excellent videos. I have installed their parts in a couple of M&P's.

I just took my G23 down and looked. Looks like you have to take the slide down to get to the extractor. Youtube is gonna be your friend. Apex usually has excellent videos. I have installed their parts in a couple of M&P's.

Yeah I'm no stranger to that resource. If I end up keeping the M&P I'll need to know what parts you have installed on yours because I will more than likely modify mine. Only reason I want to sell is to start my AK project fund. :up:

Yeah I'm no stranger to that resource. If I end up keeping the M&P I'll need to know what parts you have installed on yours because I will more than likely modify mine. Only reason I want to sell is to start my AK project fund. :up:

You need the DCEAK and the RAM. You'll learn everything there is to know about your M&P. :) It's pretty invasive. The Glock extractor shouldn't be near that much work. I don't have an M&P anymore. Swapped it for a G19.

Guest The Dude

I have a G17 Gen3 with the shitty extractor, and havent had any to the face as of yet, but I noticed if I stiffen my hold, then it come no where close to my face. Maybe I got lucky, but it does have some weak ejection on certain loads, but still feeds fine, FWIW.

Anderson Medic, what grain bullet are you shooting?   The Gen 4 Glocks seem to like 124 grain or heavier for the first couple of hundred rounds.  I would try that before replacing any parts.

Mainly 124 gr. Federal FMJ as well as handloaded montana gold 124 gr. Have also shot some 115 through but there is no difference in the frequency between the different weight bullets

Jest wondering I have seen so many people buy a glock and with in a year it's for sale , I see more glocks for sale than any other pistol ? Wonder why that is.

Funny, but from my experience it's just the opposite, I see more or every other manufacturer. But, it could be like mentioned above, there are just so dang many of them out there

Mikegideon most likely had the solution to your problem. I had the same issue with my Gen 4 19. I went through a new RSA, a new ejector, and a new extractor. None of them fixed the issue. I was about to sell the piece of junk at a loss, when Apex tactical came out with their G-FRE. New machined, non-LCI extractor, extractor spring, and a new spring load bearing solved all my issues.

Guest Aces&8s

Called glock. Not a lot of help. They told me that my pistol has all the new parts and shouldnt be doing that...

Really, it shouldn't be doing that?  Hmm...  why do they think you called in the first place?  To check the time and temperature?

Well, thanks a pantload Chet...

Jest wondering I have seen so many people buy a glock and with in a year it's for sale , I see more glocks for sale than any other pistol ? Wonder why that is.

TWO REASONS PEOPLE SALE GLOCKS:

1) Its the ONLY gun guaranteed to sell

2) Its the ONLY gun guaranteed to sell for a profit

• Like 1

Mikegideon most likely had the solution to your problem. I had the same issue with my Gen 4 19. I went through a new RSA, a new ejector, and a new extractor. None of them fixed the issue. I was about to sell the piece of junk at a loss, when Apex tactical came out with their G-FRE. New machined, non-LCI extractor, extractor spring, and a new spring load bearing solved all my issues.

I learned it from TGO David.

I have a late Gen 3 17 that was doing the BTF . A new ejector fixed it , but as stated yours should already have the latest one.. It was 10.00 on ebay and kept me from shipping it back .

I keep thinking that with demand and production as high as it has been this year there has to be some quality issues with all manufacturers . But this goes back to a problem that has been here for some time. 

Ugh, what a horrible feeling. Realizing your new gun doesnt meet your expectations. Ive had my Gen 4 Glock 19 about two weeks now, long enough to take several pieces of brass right in the kisser. Handloads and factory loaded ammo.Ive read a few solutions to the problem and it looks like im going to be on the phone with glock tomorrow. Anybody else had this problem?

Try as i might, i still cant find a pistol that comes close to replacing my CZ P-01 as #1.

CZ is IMO a better gun than the Glock ......that being said brass to the face means it needs to go back to the factory,extractor issues.....I wont tolerate it and its 100% gun 

not hand - every once in a while they make a lemon,I had the same issues with my Springfield XDs,it was a mess and they could not repair it so I ended up selling it off

Edited by SonnyCrockett

I bought my 19 last November (Gen 4).  Started out with Fed Champion ammo and had a few hit the brim of my hat (not a deal killer).  I consider the Champion, UMC, and even the White box to be on the anemic side.  After about 350 rounds things smoothed out and I haven't had a problem since, even with the low-powered stuff.  I bought a case of Sellier & Belliot 115gr and there is a definite change.  Empties come zinging out far to the right.  (advertised at 1280fps)  I suggest at least giving some higher powered ammo a try first.

Should not have to add after market parts to a firearm to make it run right. I have 2 Gen3 G19's and one does this while the other does not. I can not see a difference between the two.

You shouldn't. But, if I ever have the problem, and Apex offers a solution, I'll go with it in a heartbeat. They know what they're doing. Their extensive upgrades to the M&P make it a better gun. It's a hotrod kit, but a very effective one.

So, if Glock tells me to chase down an armorer, that's what I'll do. The Apex guys are on my list of "best pistol guys". I know that they can look at a problem, engineer a solution, and ship it to me.

• Like 1
If it wasn't a glock most here would say break it in for xxx number of rounds.

I suggest putting some ammo down range before tinkering with it. Every gun needs some breaking in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 1
Guest RedLights&Sirens
Maybe the 9mm just isnt powerful enough to properly cycle the double spring!? ;-) Try the .40

Nah Im just bustin, Im not a caliber snob at all. Seriously though, I hope you can get this resolved.