EDC Bag Setups

Figured I would start this thread to see what other guys are carrying. Anything from fanny packs to to 3 day packs for thier EDC. Post some pictures up! I'm always looking for new ideas on gear! This can be anything from your EDC truck bag, office bag, one day hiking bag, no biggerbailout or truck bag setups. I think there's already one of those threads on here.

I have narrowed it down to a good/smaller bag. I have a Maxpedition Falcon II that I used as a backpack for school. While this bag is a smaller backpack I wanted something even more compact for the time being. I came down with the Maxpedition Sitka Gearslinger. I'm not going to go into great detail bc there are tons of videos and reviews out there. I might do one for my YouTube page sometime soon.

Here's a few pictures of some items in my bag as of now and some pictures of the bag.

Maxpedition Sitka Gearslinger:

Posted Image

I picked up some Velcro pouches from milspec monkey for the middle compartment of the bag. Really comes in handy for multi tools and knives.

Posted Image

I also picked up the CCW holster made by Maxpedition that velcros into their bags for concealed carry. I was skeptical at first but it works very well! Just for reference, that is my G34 and it fits in there very well! This compartment is the farthest one towards the back. You can't even feel the gun while its In there. This bag is designed to sling around on your shoulder and access the pockets or draw your weapon.

Posted Image

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Maxpedition attache' case, the big one with all the pockets.  That's what I carry in and out of work with the basics like light, knife (several actually), multitool, first aid kit, spare batteries, fancy multi-bit screwdriver thing, spoon, fork, spork, pen, paper, gloves, laptop and accessories, ear plugs, and safety/shooting glasses. Then in the car I have one of the HSGI "Sniper Waist Packs" with basic survival stuff, water purifier, collapsible bottle, first aid/ifak, light and batteries, couple chemlights, and some other small things.

I used to be a bit of a backpack junkie but I've settled on a GoRuck gr1. It goes literally everywhere with me but I modify it's contents daily depending on what I'm up to so its not really an easy to describe setup. There are a few constants that stay in there like a good flashlight, hearing protection, a small first aid kit, a small edc pouch, etc.

I wish I found this thing years ago! I have 4 other backpacks on the floor of my closet right now that never get used.
Guest RedLights&Sirens
Sorry, no pics. My EDC bag is primarily geared towards work, its a foliage green "medium transport bag" by Fox Tactical.

Exterior:
Carrabeiner, oxygen wrench, paracord monkey ball, Nite Eyze holster with a cheap (but good) LED flashlight

Interior:
GPS (automobile), 12v and 110v cell phone chargers, 3ft 110v extension cord, 1 subject notebook, TN EMS guidelines, company SOPs, extra pens, ear plugs (for picking up and dropping off patients and other medical staff at the airport), 2 bottles of water, granola bars, excedrine, asprin, paper towels, mouthwash, non-scented bath wipes, deoderant Edited by RedLights&Sirens
I have a Blackhawk laptop bag that looks less tactical than a maxpedition. It of course has a slot for a laptop which I keep my iPad in. When slung over your shoulder it has an easily accessible pistol pocket. On each side of the pistol pocket there are pockets for extra pistol mags. My biggest complaint is that the mag pockets can be difficult to remove the mags. Sometimes I stick a 33rd Glock mag in and it doesn't go all the way in making it easy to grab.

In the last couple of years Ive gone through several different bags, trying to find the right one...Ive used Maxpedition, 511,  Fox and a few others.  Right now Ive got a 5.11 Tactical MOAB10 on order from  LA Police Gear.  I tried it out at a retail store, but got a better deal online so Im waiting for it...hopefully it will satisfy me.  My plkan is to use ot for EDC and then keep another in my car with other stuff in it.