What was your first handgun, and do you still own it?

mav

back in 1970 i got a ww2 p38 as my first hand gun.  but 9 mm ammo was hard to find.  if i remember the only 9 mm ammo was old com block stuff that came in 25 round boxes wrap in paper.  traded the gun for a cb radio booster.  back then i got the better deal.  today, not so.  but i still got my second pistol, a s&w model 19. 

Guest ochretoe

In 1990 I was issued a S&W 681 .357.  It was the first hand gun I ever shot more than once.  When we went to semi's in 1997 I bought it and still have it.  It is still the best shooting hand gun I have ever owned.  Dead on at 50yds with magtech ammo.  I qualified 7 strait perfect night shoots with it. As far as the State academy logs show, I am the only one to ever do that.

My first handgun was actually a pair of  Ruger P95 DC's that I got on a trade. . . I had bought an old 1974 Ford pick up for $500.00 bucks.  .put a radiator in it used to remodel my house to keep from scratching up my 1996 Ford F150 (and the 74 had a long bed which made lumber and OSB and the like easier to haul). . when the remodel was finished I traded the truck for the 2 P 95's and $750.00. . I kept one and still have it. . it currently wears a set of meprolights and serves as my wifes night stand gun. . .The other I gave to my best friend who I had purchased the truck from originally and was the contractor for my remodel. .  .he still has his. . .good times

Glock 22, gen 2. Bought 19 years ago or so. I still own it. Almost sold it over some ftf issues. Turned out the magazines polymer near the feed lips was splitting and not feeding the ammo right.

Anywho, I have debated selling it since I just bought a gen 4 in OD green. It is in pretty good condition. I may also hang onto it to hand down to one of my kids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mine was a nickle plated Iver Johnson small frame 32 S&W Third model, made in 1927.

Given to me when I was 14 yrs old by my grandfather, who taught me to handle it well - draw & fire 5 rapid rounds into a 10 inch circle at 15 feet. I can still do that (well, maybe not so fast).

Still have it, 80% finish, shoots well & safe with modern ammo.

Llama .45 1911 clone with double stack 15 round mags. Kept it for 10 years, never carried, rarely shot it, did not trust it.

Traded it on an HK USP.40. HK great, Llama was not too good, jammed all the time, not accurate, hard to find mags. Best trade I ever made, got more out of the Llama than I paid for it new. Still have the HK, carry it regularly.