What was your first handgun, and do you still own it?

mav

G17 that is so beat up I don't think I could sell it if I wanted to. It is rough looking due to a fall it took, and 2 years after the fall it started having feeding issues. It has pretty much been rebuilt on the inside and we still can't figure it out. It is now safely sleeping snugly in the case with 4 mags. I don't know if I will take it out except for range time. 

First that I bought with my own money was a Ruger Blackhawk in .357/9mm. Still have it, don't shoot it as much as I should.

Had other guns before that they were mostly long term loans from friends/family. Inherited a Colt official Police from my grandpa before that, still have that too.
  • Like 1

First that I bought with my own money was a Ruger Blackhawk in .357/9mm. Still have it, don't shoot it as much as I should.

Had other guns before that they were mostly long term loans from friends/family. Inherited a Colt official Police from my grandpa before that, still have that too.

I have one of those!  It resides next to my bed. 

The first pistol I bought, was a S&W Mdl 13 with a 4" barrel.  It was ok, but had a tendency to lock up when you tried to open the cylinder after 12 rounds.    It would eventually open after a little effort.  I traded it later for a Ruger Mini 14.  It was my first attempt at a love affair with the Minis.  There was one more attempt.  I will never have another.  I much prefer the AK over the Mini.  My Saiga is much more accurate after it heats up and runs like a scalded dog!

the first handgun I ever bought was a factory nickel Sig P228 two years ago which I quickly sold to a gentleman in Hawaii who wanted it much more than I did, which funded a HK P30 and 45c, no regrets

Ruger Blackhawk .44 mag 7 1/2" bbl.  I bought it new for $144.00 at the Fort Richardson, AK PX in March 1976. To this day I am more accurate with it than any other handgun I have ever owned and I have owned a bunch.  Don't know if that says less about me or more about the gun.

Harrington and Richardson 922 w/6" barrel. It was my holster gun when I ran muskrat trap lines in my early teens. Simple but very sturdy gun, it was perfect for rugged outdoor work.

E3825E985B7944B3856DEC7D207F246D-0000317

Edited by wjh2657

Bought a S&W Model 19 when I was 18 years old. Paid $200 for it which was probably a little on the high side at the time but it was sweet. This single gun probably accounts for most of my hearing loss.

I've still got it.

IMG_6792.JPG

Mine was a Star model BM 9mm. I sold it a couple years later and have always regreted it(much like every other gun I have sold or traded away). I bought another one about six years ago and hung onto it for a year before selling it to a friend....... regret letting that one go too!

The first handgun I owned would be the two I inherited from my dad when he passed. One was a charter arms .22 revolver and the other is a ruger police six 3" barrel. I still have the ruger. Traded the charter arms off as it was a little POS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

After watching Lethal Weapon, had to have a Beretta 92FS.  Purchased it new in 1992 at Wynns Sports World in Sevierville.  Still have it, and it looks just like the way it did the day I bought it. 

Beretta 92F...purchased a month after I turned 21.

I still have it, its cleaning brush, extra mag, the plastic case, the paper box it came in, booklet...everything

It has a special place in the safe and I have considered it retired until one of the kids get it after I die.

H01BERRETA92F.jpg

Edited by The Average Joe
  • Like 2